Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Iconic10 wrote: »
    if we get a problem question where garda has issues a warrant for constitutional, are all warrants issued by garda unconstitutional on foot of Damache? i know that JC v DPP the warrant was constitutional as i think the decision in damache had not fully come to a close at that point - is that correct ?

It was held that s. 29(1) was ‘repugnant to the Constitution as it permitted a search of the appellant’s home contrary to the Constitution, on foot of a warrant which was not issued by an independent person’

I think if warrant is issued by an independent superintendent not connected to the investigation then it is valid

• Registered Users Posts: 24 laworlawww

if we get a problem question where garda has issues a warrant for constitutional, are all warrants issued by garda unconstitutional on foot of Damache? i know that JC v DPP the warrant was constitutional as i think the decision in damache had not fully come to a close at that point - is that correct ?

Damache held: "In the circumstances of this case a person issuing the search
    warrant should be independent of the Garda Síochána, to provide effective independence”.

another quote from the judgement: "In exceptional circumstances, such as urgent situations, provision has been made in statutes for a member of An Garda Síochána to issue a warrant, which usually has a short duration. The requirement of urgency is an important factor in determining the proportionality of legislation which may infringe a constitutionally protected right"

From these quotes I interpreted Damache to mean that the warrant has to be issued by someone independent of the Guards unless there's some situation of urgency set out in statute, I could be wrong on this though.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

think someone started a new thread and separated it fyi

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

think someone started a new thread and separated it fyi

Yeah what's going on with this thread now? I noticed this morning it was only on 41 pages and it was on something like 777 (i think)

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Yeah what's going on with this thread now? I noticed this morning it was only on 41 pages and it was on something like 777 (i think)

not sure - i had to research for the entire thread as the old one closed, weird

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moderator: there is a limit of 10,000 posts to each thread so every time a thread gets close to or reaches this limit, a new thread is needed. Normally I do it at a quiet time but personal time constraints meant I had to do it mid-morning this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fe1Student20

Would anyone who passed contract in the most recent sitting be willing to share their paper? Got the marks back this morning and slightly confused as to how I fell down on some answers

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

Would anyone who passed contract in the most recent sitting be willing to share their paper? Got the marks back this morning and slightly confused as to how I fell down on some answers

Pm your email, got my marks this morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Are rechecks out today? Or do we get an email to say they’re available?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

laworlawww wrote: »
    Damache held: "In the circumstances of this case a person issuing the search
    warrant should be independent of the Garda Síochána, to provide effective independence”.

another quote from the judgement: "In exceptional circumstances, such as urgent situations, provision has been made in statutes for a member of An Garda Síochána to issue a warrant, which usually has a short duration. The requirement of urgency is an important factor in determining the proportionality of legislation which may infringe a constitutionally protected right"

From these quotes I interpreted Damache to mean that the warrant has to be issued by someone independent of the Guards unless there's some situation of urgency set out in statute, I could be wrong on this though.

Also the sections 19.2 19.3 of the citizenship act were struck down in the recent sc decision because they failed to provide adequate safeguards for a citizen in danger in having their citizenship revoked .

• Advertisement

Are rechecks out today? Or do we get an email to say they’re available?

I thought it was Friday? Did you hear otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

I thought it was Friday? Did you hear otherwise?

I thought it was Friday too! I always get mixed up though. I assume we’ll get an email when they’re available?

I thought it was Friday too! I always get mixed up though. I assume we’ll get an email when they’re available?

Hopefully!! I might drop Paula Sheedy an email to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

Hopefully!! I might drop Paula Sheedy an email to confirm.

I have been trying to send Paula an email about my recheck payment, and whether it was received or not, as I never got any confirmation of it.

Microsoft said it was unable to deliver the emails due to a fault on the external email server?

We still hope to issue the results on 19 February and should be able to confirm date tomorrow.

Kind regards

Paula Sheedy

PAULA SHEEDY | EDUCATION OFFICER

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Not really sure where else to ask this but I was considering doing a masters in family/child law, just wondering if anyone knows offhand if many firms actually deal with childcare law or if I'd be better off just doing something closer to corporate/commercial sector like international business law?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Liordi wrote: »
    Not really sure where else to ask this but I was considering doing a masters in family/child law, just wondering if anyone knows offhand if many firms actually deal with childcare law or if I'd be better off just doing something closer to corporate/commercial sector like international business law?

ByrneWallace & Mason Hayes have sizable childcare departments, still a relatively niche area though!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

Hey Constitutional People, this is a list of all my topics I plan to cover, can anyone suggest leaving one out and/or adding one on:

- Separation of Powers
    - Property/Livelihood
    - President/AG
    - Constitutional Interpretation
    - Freedom of Expression
    - Privacy and Unenumerated rights (touched on)
    - Equality
    - Religion
    - Family
    - Referendum Law/Elections
    - Fair Procedures

didn’t property come up in nov for constitutional- would it possibly come up again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

didn’t property come up in nov for constitutional- would it possibly come up again ?

My grid says its been up the past 7 years in a row so I wouldn't leave it out! But I could be wrong!

• Advertisement

Hey Constitutional People, this is a list of all my topics I plan to cover, can anyone suggest leaving one out and/or adding one on:

- Separation of Powers
    - Property/Livelihood
    - President/AG
    - Constitutional Interpretation
    - Freedom of Expression
    - Privacy and Unenumerated rights (touched on)
    - Equality
    - Religion
    - Family
    - Referendum Law/Elections
    - Fair Procedures

Looks good. I think you have everything covered there.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Not sure if anyone here did the Tort or EU August 2020 sitting that can help me clarify something.. on the application for March where it lets me choose the subjects that I'll be doing Tort is coming up as an option even though I passed it in August? All the other subjects that I've passed are not showing up, only Tort and then the 2 that I still haven't done yet? anyone else experience this

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fedone

Iso_123 wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone here did the Tort or EU August 2020 sitting that can help me clarify something.. on the application for March where it lets me choose the subjects that I'll be doing Tort is coming up as an option even though I passed it in August? All the other subjects that I've passed are not showing up, only Tort and then the 2 that I still haven't done yet? anyone else experience this

All of the exams that I passed in august and November are still listed don’t worry it says it on that page that any exams passed after march 2020 will still be listed because of a technical error!

Fedone wrote: »
    All of the exams that I passed in august and November are still listed don’t worry it says it on that page that any exams passed after march 2020 will still be listed because of a technical error!

Thank you for this! Would have been handy if I actually read the page! was starting to panic thinking that I had dreamt the fact that I had passed hahah

Yeah no passes after March come up!! I had a mini panic attack haha

Thank you for this! Would have been handy if I actually read the page! was starting to panic thinking that I had dreamt the fact that I had passed hahah

Same all I have are screenshots of my results but I was prepared to ring and argue hahaha

Yeah no passes after March come up!! I had a mini panic attack haha

So weird because my November passes aren't listed as choices but y August one is! The LS causing heart attacks as per

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AnnabelleK

Anyone have Contract law examiners reports ? I have criminal and property that I can swap. Thank you

So weird because my November passes aren't listed as choices but y August one is! The LS causing heart attacks as per

Oh weird I think both my November and august ones came up

• Advertisement

can legal aid be left out for constitutional?

Advertisement