Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 blondie8856

Just wondering if anyone knows whether the law society are offering refunds like they did for November? Can't get through to them to ask myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Just wondering if anyone knows whether the law society are offering refunds like they did for November? Can't get through to them to ask myself.

I think there’s a form online you fill out - or email Paula sheedy and request a refund she should be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Has anyone ever actually been brought up in a recheck? Or is it very unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lozg

Hi guys,

I am working full-time in a firm and I plan on speaking to my employer today about time off for the exams. I am wondering if anyone could advise how much time is reasonable to ask for? I wasn’t working for the last four I sat and am finding it hard to fit study in with work at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

Hi everyone, looking for some clarity on contractual interpretation if anyone has any help please.

Am I right in saying the Courts will tend to use the contextualism approach more so than the plain meaning approach but it will depend on the type of contract before them? Very confused because it keeps chopping and changing in my manual as to what approach is used

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

Hi everyone, looking for some clarity on contractual interpretation if anyone has any help please.

Am I right in saying the Courts will tend to use the contextualism approach more so than the plain meaning approach but it will depend on the type of contract before them? Very confused because it keeps chopping and changing in my manual as to what approach is used

As I understand it the plain meaning rule is still the touchstone and other means of interpretation e.g. factual matrix approach, are supplementary.

Lozg wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am working full-time in a firm and I plan on speaking to my employer today about time off for the exams. I am wondering if anyone could advise how much time is reasonable to ask for? I wasn’t working for the last four I sat and am finding it hard to fit study in with work at the moment.

Ask them for as much time as you think you need - the worst they can do is say no

It will obviously depend on how busy yous are and if there’s others that can take over your work for a little bit but just say that you’re struggling trying to fit in study and would appreciate any time off they can give you

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Could anybody advise what is okay to leave out for Due Course in constitutional? Covering right to a solicitor, unfair pre-trial publicity and unconstitutionally obtained evidence for definite anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ullaw22

Hi all,

Has anyone any advice on navigating Landlord and Tenant on the Property Exam this time around? I know Termination of a Lease is a fairly central part of that section but with the temporary legislation for Covid, could I bank that they won't ask anything on this? Or would it make it more likely to come up? This is my first FE1 so I'm a little clueless when it comes to how material is decided on.

Thanks a mil in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

Hi guys,

my firm allows 3 weeks unpaid leave. found that very manageable for 2-3 exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

march will be my first time sitting the fe1s, I didn't apply for funding because I left it too late, does anyone know if I can still apply in the next sitting in October.

Would anyone have any contract sample
    Answers not from Griffith ?

We still hope to issue the results on 19 February and should be able to confirm date tomorrow.

Kind regards

Paula Sheedy

PAULA SHEEDY | EDUCATION OFFICER

Chances of an email today
    ? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Fe1ak wrote: »
    march will be my first time sitting the fe1s, I didn't apply for funding because I left it too late, does anyone know if I can still apply in the next sitting in October.

Yes I didnt apply in October but applied this time around. I am assuming you mean access program, otherwise I dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MylesH

Would anyone who has their script and has passed Equity and/or EU be willing to share the script?

I have my Criminal and Contract scripts (both passed but not from the last sitting) that I can exchange!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

awsah wrote: »
    Yes I didnt apply in October but applied this time around. I am assuming you mean access program, otherwise I dont know.
    Yup that's what I meant thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FTWisFTW

Hope I'm following correct etiquette here but what are people looking at for criminal? First time taking these, hoping to do criminal and property. Thats what I applied for at least, speaking of which, any idea how long it takes for applications to be approved?
    Also Ive not as much study done as I would like to yet, am I cutting it a bit fine? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lozg

LS3 wrote: »
    my firm allows 3 weeks unpaid leave. found that very manageable for 2-3 exams.

I assume this is 3 weeks unpaid leave as well as the 2 weeks of the exams off? Or 3 weeks unpaid leave inclusive of the exam weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Byrne11

Hi All,

Looking for a little bit of advice - I've applied to sit criminal, company and property this March.
    I will have my notes finalized the end of next week, Am I cutting it to fine to have a hope in passing all three with the short study time and practice time for exam qs? Finishing up work Monday until after my exams & no legal background.

Thanks a mill for your feedback

I assume this is 3 weeks unpaid leave as well as the 2 weeks of the exams off? Or 3 weeks unpaid leave inclusive of the exam weeks?

I’m only getting the week of the exams off but I’m in a unique situation where I am entering a new job and was told this before I accepted

• Advertisement

Byrne11 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Looking for a little bit of advice - I've applied to sit criminal, company and property this March.
    I will have my notes finalized the end of next week, Am I cutting it to fine to have a hope in passing all three with the short study time and practice time for exam qs?

I think it’ll be fine tbh company property and criminal are some of the more straight forward exams so I wouldn’t worry too much

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Hi All,

I will have my notes finalized the end of next week, Am I cutting it to fine to have a hope in passing all three with the short study time and practice time for exam qs?

I was writing new notes right up until the few days before my first set of exams.. I literally learned arrest the day before the criminal exam and it came up and I got 71% which i'm still stunned by hahah I think you defo have time if you have your notes done next week that's like 4 weeks to learn them off. I do think it's important to be looking at exam q's throughout doing your notes though so you're really familiar with the q's

I'm almost finished my notes too I have about 80% done and have 3 weeks off work in total for 2 exams so I'm planning on doing a lot of my rote learning off during those 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Hi All,

I will have my notes finalized the end of next week, Am I cutting it to fine to have a hope in passing all three with the short study time and practice time for exam qs? Finishing up work Monday until after my exams & no legal background.

Not cutting it fine at all. You are much further ahead with regards note taking than I am and I'm not not concerned about time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bjsm

Anyone have Equity sample answers please? Preferably Griffith but will take anything! Will revolut whatever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lcs3

Including exam days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SiSenor

Company Law

Hi all,

I am currently looking at Q7 from October 2018 on Derivative Actions and a S212 petition. What are the benefits of taking a DA over a S212 petition? So far I have:

- Can't use co. resources to support a s212 petition but can for a DA

I know S212 does not permit damages. Does a DA permit damages?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Hi all,

Has anyone heard anything re recheck results?

Any email/ clarification?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Lawlz wrote: »
    Hi all,

Has anyone heard anything re recheck results?

Any email/ clarification?

Thanks

Nothing......

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

for equality with constitutional, i know that different people should be treated differently - if someone who is of a certain religion is prohibited from wearing a cross(all others appear to be of a another religion) should the person who’s faith requires them to a wear a cross be treated differently than those who’s faith doesn’t require this in order to be protected under equality law. in other words, is their equality as human persons breached if all persons are prohibited from wearing it on non religious grounds as that would be treating different situations similarly ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

Nothing......

hope they are out tomorrow as i’ve been waiting to apply for march sitting until tomorrow

Advertisement