Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Iconic10 wrote: »
    for equality with constitutional, i know that different people should be treated differently - if someone who is of a certain religion is prohibited from wearing a cross(all others appear to be of a another religion) should the person who’s faith requires them to a wear a cross be treated differently than those who’s faith doesn’t require this in order to be protected under equality law. in other words, is their equality as human persons breached if all persons are prohibited from wearing it on non religious grounds as that would be treating different situations similarly ?

Everyone should be treated equally but the Equality Guarantee allows for people to be treated differently only on capacity, physical and moral, and social function grounds. Any infringement on such a right must be proportionate.

In relation to religion the BA case and the Chaplin cases best outline the cross wearing issue.

hope they are out tomorrow as i’ve been waiting to apply for march sitting until tomorrow

Ah is the deadline date tomorrow?
    I would offer to email Paula Sheedy but I did on Tuesday for an update and I think she is sick of me at this stage :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

hi All,

would anybody be willing to share EU script?

can swap for Property or Criminal...or equity notes? s.o.s.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

hope they are out tomorrow as i’ve been waiting to apply for march sitting until tomorrow

was there an official announcement from the law soc? i cant seem to see anything on their website.

lawDani wrote: »
    was there an official announcement from the law soc? i cant seem to see anything on their website.

I received an automatic response from Fe1 section saying tomorrow is provisional date.

‘Provisional’ is stressed 🙄

• Advertisement

I received an automatic response from Fe1 section saying tomorrow is provisional date.

‘Provisional’ is stressed ��

So frustrating :eek: .

Surely if they are being released tomorrow then have everything signed off by now in order to update LS website / directly email candidates who have paid for the re-check...it never ends.....

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Constitutional seems to be endless. Can anyone advise what should be added to this please:

- Separation of Powers
    - Trial in Due Course of Law
    - Family and Education
    - Constitutional Interpretation
    - President and AG
    - Equality Rights
    - Property Rights
    - Freedom of Expression
    - Personal Rights

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 law1234567

lawDani wrote: »
    hi All,

would anybody be willing to share EU script?

can swap for Property or Criminal...or equity notes? s.o.s.

Yeah just DM me your email, I got 58 overall in EU so could be of some use

• Registered Users Posts: 30 FE1million

I have applied for a recheck and just noticed my results from November are gone from the results page. Says “no results available”. Perhaps they are updating them now ? Anyone else ?

FE1million wrote: »
    I have applied for a recheck and just noticed my results from November are gone from the results page. Says “no results available”. Perhaps they are updating them now ? Anyone else ?

me too! maybe they are preparing the new link ?

• Advertisement

FE1million wrote: »

Mine too! Fingers crossed - for results and good results at that!

Mine too! Fingers crossed - for results and good results at that!

Please god. Good Luck to everyone !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

Almost laughing-crying thinking what It'll feel like if the re-checks come back with a lower mark than my initial results lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

Is competition law worth the hassle or should I skip it?

skip it ..EU is very predictable. Maybe prepare a Skelton answer just in case you get stuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Constitutional seems to be endless. Can anyone advise what should be added to this please:

- Separation of Powers
    - Trial in Due Course of Law
    - Family and Education
    - Constitutional Interpretation
    - President and AG
    - Equality Rights
    - Property Rights
    - Freedom of Expression
    - Personal Rights

Thanks!

Covering the same myself but adding in judicial review!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Is competition law worth the hassle or should I skip it?

I skipped it and was grand in the exam but you could probs leave out mergers if you wanted to do it because that’s what came up in November

He’s also a very nice marker haha I did way better than I thought I did

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

Everyone should be treated equally but the Equality Guarantee allows for people to be treated differently only on capacity, physical and moral, and social function grounds. Any infringement on such a right must be proportionate.

In relation to religion the BA case and the Chaplin cases best outline the cross wearing issue.

so what about in circumstances where all employees are banned from wearing jewelry due to a reason other than religion but it so happens that a certain employee must wear a cross as part of his religion ? think it’s march 2029 q 8?

so what about in circumstances where all employees are banned from wearing jewelry due to a reason other than religion but it so happens that a certain employee must wear a cross as part of his religion ? think it’s march 2029 q 8?

I have a sample answer if you PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

Ah is the deadline date tomorrow?
    I would offer to email Paula Sheedy but I did on Tuesday for an update and I think she is sick of me at this stage :eek::eek:

no deadline is 22nd - monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

me too! maybe they are preparing the new link ?

Just checked and mines the same! Getting hopeful now!

Good luck everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

Lawlz wrote: »
    Just checked and mines the same! Getting hopeful now!

Good luck everyone!!

Sorry but where’s the results page? I can’t find it on the website!

Just using the OLD link but they are still not up.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

Thanks a mill! I wonder is it just re checks that aren’t up or everyone’s?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Law101 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill! I wonder is it just re checks that aren’t up or everyone’s?

I’m not waiting on rechecks and my results are gone !

They’re up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

Does anybody else find it quite difficult to pick out the relevant issues in the Constitutional Law problem questions?

They’re up!!!

Oh Jesus !! anyone go up ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Hi guys, how’s study going?
    Just a quick one - I contacted OPW last week re legislation and they said that they will post it out and arrange for payment later. I’m just wondering if anyone has received their legislation from them? I know they’re closed but they said they’ll be open on the 10th for delivery for FE1 students.
    I need the constitution and property legislation 😭

Advertisement