Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 54321zz

taralawfe1 wrote: »
    How did everyone do in constitutional? Got 43% wondering if its worth the re check

Got 50%, gonna take it and run. I reckon anything over 40 is worth a recheck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

Fck my life, I literally have 5 exams to sit this March now, when I was expecting only 3.. MAYBE 4 at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

How long does it take for them to send your script back?

I asked for mine for the August sitting on the 9th October and they sent it to me on 28th October of that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

I think its the right time to call for a proper marking scheme to be introduced. This is just ridiculous. How do they grade the answers... I have seen previous scripts where question has been attempted really well and all case law mentioned and the max per question would be 10-14.. Like what do they want us to write to get 20 marks per question.??

From looking at previous scripts and comparing it to other people.. like similar question same cases.. why one gets 7 marks per question, other might get 10...

There should be a proper marking scheme for these exams. They already have a higher pass grades 50%, there is so much to remember. We need to know what marks are allocated for.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

Anyone else beginning to think the whole thing is complete bull****? I got 38 in company having answered all 5 questions in full with plenty of caselaw. I got 48 in tort last year having left early and leaving 2 questions blank. Is this whole thing a scheme to extract money from young people? Are they marking it harder to account for potential cheating? If so that's hardly fair on people who didn't cheat. Genuinely astounded that I failed that exam hahaha. Not even angry just shocked

I've had the benefit of seeing past students exam scripts (and now comparing with the marks I've received today), and can very confidently say that the marking system is, without a doubt, the most appallingly devoid of logic system I have ever encountered. For instance, in one sitting of tort I compared four different papers and it was astounding the difference. Literally, entirely different answers of different lengths were given pretty much the same mark for many questions.

I can only conclude they literally browse over the answers. Seems re-checks are marked some bit more thoroughly (I've seen two to compare), so I think it's worth a try if you can afford the risk.

Anyway, they're monopolists and can do what they want, plain and simple. We see that there's no accountability whatsoever with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Darragh12

I have to agree about something being off about equity this sitting. I have seen 43 as a mark pop up quite a bit in this forum and I got the same. Screams lazy marking.

I got 43 as well??? Something sounds fishy

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Dropin wrote: »
    Instead of asking them to push back the next sitting, is there anything to be said for having a 3rd sitting this year to split the March and October exams? Probably wishful thinking but given the year thats been in it with dates being pushed back constantly, results out so close to sittings and even 2 weeks notice of a new format; surely a summer sitting to balance out the disruption should be considered?

I agree with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Darragh12 wrote: »

So did I and I am absolutely gutted. I was totally convinced I passed it and ready to start hybrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

So did I and I am absolutely gutted. I was totally convinced I passed it and ready to start hybrid.

43 also! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bkm2020

Any advice for this deflation? First time sitting but was of the attitude that I would have liked to be starting the Hybrid this year. Seems like a mountain now looking at it... just wondering if it would be easier to change the career direction at this point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 FE1student560

Yeah I'm beginning to feel like a mug. I've been paying this shower a small fortune like clockwork for 2 years now and I'll get 60 something in one exam and 30 something in another. There's no consistency. Considering the way we were left out to dry before these exams, I think the examiners have some nerve to act like pretentious arseholes. Despite only having one exam left it sickens me to hand over another 100 quid to this lot. I'm actually considering not doing it. I'm done with this whole process it's nothing but a shakedown of naive ambitious young people

• Registered Users Posts: 35 54321zz

Mc96 wrote: »
    I thankfully passed the 3 I sat but would also rather more time before the next sitting as I found it hard to get any meaningful study done with results hanging over me. Is it worth a number of us emailing to ask they are pushed out? I know that it takes quite a lot of pressure for them to change but if enough of us emailed/phoned they may consider it.

I emailed yesterday about this. Still waiting on a response but will let you know of any update

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Darragh12

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    43 also! Lol

Did anyone else get 43 on the dot in equity? Something seems real sus

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

Fe7 wrote: »
    36 in Company which I thought went brilliantly?! I got a higher mark in Contract which I genuinely shut the computer off and cried cause I thought went terrible

The absolute same for me , 36% in company and found the paper fine , passed contract and thought I crashed and burned.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

LawBoy2018 wrote: »
    43 also! Lol

43 Also!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lovestolisten

I have to agree about something being off about equity this sitting. I have seen 43 as a mark pop up quite a bit in this forum and I got the same. Screams lazy marking.

I got 45% in equity , got 49% in the last sitting. I’m sick of that exam now .. I don’t know what I have to do to pass

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AnnabelleK

Got 43 in contract . I really thought that I passed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Me too 43

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Did anyone else get 43 on the dot in equity? Something seems real sus

Yep that is what I got exactly and it is a shock. Felt it was my best exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 martiaf

There's something not adding up with how people got on in Company and Equity this sitting... It all seems a bit off.

I passed both but only by the skin of my teeth! 51 in Equity and 52 in Company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Fe7

Reminder that this petition is still running. I have updated the solutions to which it asks of the law society.

SHARE SHARE SHARE ON EVERY PLATFORM AND WITH YER MAMS!

http://chng.it/zZ8gqnMHp6

• Registered Users Posts: 47 LawStudent1234

That’s me done- all 8 passed now and ready for blackhall in September! Thanks to everyone for the help and tips along the way! Sorry to anyone who wasn’t happy today, I’ve been there and know how it feels, just keep pushing and you’ll get there! Congrats everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ianmc97

Did you apply for a re-check and change in marks? In the end did getting your script aid you?

no I did it just to see for myself where I had gone wrong failed with a 30 where as all others were between 50 and 60. and could very clearly see that a made a mess of half the questions in that paper

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

I agree, there’s absolutely something fishy here alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4 law247

did ANYONE pass company .. and if so, by more than the skin of the teeth?

I did but literally only got 50 on the button

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Did anyone else find property to be marked quite harshly?

We missed out on a month due to the delay of the last sitting and again a delay with results! This definitely needs to be pointed out to the law society when pushing for a 3rd sitting this year! Ideally I’d be happy with an April/ May one but would take anything at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

I got 43 in Equity aswel!

Answered all 5 questions with relevant content and ample case law. Wrote to the last minute of the exam. Sickened. Passed others and genuinely cannot see how it differs so much to go as low as 43.

I am generally not vocal about the LS but this is becoming increasingly frustrating and seems like nothing more than a badly organized money spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

We missed out on a month due to the delay of the last sitting and again a delay with results! This definitely needs to be pointed out to the law society when pushing for a 3rd sitting this year! Ideally I’d be happy with an April/ May one but would take anything at this stage.

There won't be a sitting in April or May after a sitting in March. It would likely be August if at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Fe1taker2020

How did everyone feel about constitutional?

Advertisement