Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lightup1

Coopie wrote: »
    What time results out tomorrow?

Not sure if everyone else can but I can see mine now? And they’re both gone to passes!!

Could see my results there and now I can’t. Why do they do this to us!?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

fe1fi20 wrote: »
    Hi guys, how’s study going?
    Just a quick one - I contacted OPW last week re legislation and they said that they will post it out and arrange for payment later. I’m just wondering if anyone has received their legislation from them? I know they’re closed but they said they’ll be open on the 10th for delivery for FE1 students.
    I need the constitution and property legislation ��

Mine was posted without payment!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Fe1taker2020

Still can’t log into my account. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

I got my legislation from there sent it out but haven’t contacted me abi it payment

did you get it from them recently? i ordered mine last week and am still yet to receive it... dunno if i should order again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Byrne11 wrote: »
    Hey,
    I ordered my legislation last week and it was put in the post for me yesterday.
    I paid by online back transfer, they gave me the option of posting a postal order either.

Very strange that they didn't tell you how to pay, I would e-mail again and ask for payments details to ensure you get it.

Thanks very much, just want to make sure I get it on time because it shouldnt take more than a week to post within ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Coopie wrote: »
    What time results out tomorrow?

11am

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gill2020

Hello Everyone,

what is everyone studying for Contract Law. Totally lost with it!.....Fear of running out of time. Any help appreciated.

Gill2020 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

what is everyone studying for Contract Law. Totally lost with it!.....Fear of running out of time. Any help appreciated.

I am covering:

- Offer and Acceptance
    - Remedies
    - Consideration
    - Mistake
    - Consumer Protection
    - Misrepresentation
    - Terms
    - Exemption Clauses
    - Discharge
    - Estoppel
    - Undue Influence
    - Duress
    - Privity
    - Capacity

Have heard he mixes topics in Contract so difficult to leave stuff out

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

did you get it from them recently? i ordered mine last week and am still yet to receive it... dunno if i should order again

I got them about a week ago I had ordered maybe a week before that. No harm in emailing because my first order of it wasn't actually put through two weeks previous, luckily I emailed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

NewFe1 wrote: »
    11am
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

I ordered end of Jan actually and got it maybe a week and a half later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

Just got email from law society saying 4pm for recheck results tomorrow.

Results of the FE1 November 2020 Recheck Applications

Dear Candidate

Results of the November 2020 recheck applications will be available on the Law Society’s website at 4.00pm on Friday 19 February 2021. Results will be posted to candidates as soon as possible.

To access your results online, please go to www.lawsociety.ie/fe1results - you will be asked to login with your username and password.

If you have previously accessed your FE-1 results online, login with the same username and password. Your username is your Law Society ID Number.

Has anyone got examiner reports for contract or constitutional? I have sample answers and exam grids for every subject up to 2018 I can send back in return!

Anybody else see results earlier and am now sick with worry in case when the results come out tomorrow they aren’t passes? The thoughts of waiting till 4 tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 22 maewest19

Lightup1 wrote: »
    Anybody else see results earlier and am now sick with worry in case when the results come out tomorrow they aren’t passes? The thoughts of waiting till 4 tomorrow

Surely they couldn't have made that much of a mistake?? I cannot cope with them at this stage, all this messing is not good for the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

Hi guys, I know this has definitely been answered already but can anyone clarify the position on legislation with the online exam. Do you need to show your legislation to the vigilator? Do you need to have the correct legislation or would I get away with printouts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

123456789j wrote: »
    Hi guys, I know this has definitely been answered already but can anyone clarify the position on legislation with the online exam. Do you need to show your legislation to the vigilator? Do you need to have the correct legislation or would I get away with printouts etc

There was nobody watching you like an invigilator the last sitting. I showed it but wasn't requested to in the initial set up you do with your face + ID.

It's anybodys guess what's going on in this next sitting since there has been zero information on this online sitting

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Lightup1 wrote: »

if that is the case and you had sight of the wrong grade and thought you passed then that would be heartbreaking !! good luck to all today , if anyone gets in earlier than 4 (it say 11 in the guidance notes) let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

It’s been posted previously but worth mentioning again:

If you’re looking to order legislation, email publications@opw.ie before Wednesday 24th February (they will be opening the offices on that date only to facilitate getting legislation out to FE-1 candidates).

I strongly suspect the LS will allow for printouts to be used but given that they have yet to provide guidance in this regard, it may be worth getting an order in for peace of mind :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

Anyone know if the law society are supposed to send out a letter once you've passed all 8 exams saying the same or do you have to make a request for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Jeremiah25 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the law society are supposed to send out a letter once you've passed all 8 exams saying the same or do you have to make a request for one?

They’re supposed to send a results letter for every sitting and then on your last one it would say you’ve passed all 8 but they haven’t been sending out the letters in the past year so I’d ring and ask for one to be sent out confirming you have passed all 8

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ais20

Hi guys, just wondering does anyone know how long typically the Law Society takes to approve an application for an FE1 sitting? It is my first sitting in March and I send in my application on the 15th. I know the closing date for applications is the 22nd so just worried that if I haven’t received a payment link before then I will miss out on the first sitting?

Ais20 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering does anyone know how long typically the Law Society takes to approve an application for an FE1 sitting? It is my first sitting in March and I send in my application on the 15th. I know the closing date for applications is the 22nd so just worried that if I haven’t received a payment link before then I will miss out on the first sitting?

I wouldn’t worry! They take notoriously long to reply/ address everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Did anyone else not get the email about the recheck results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

jus_me wrote: »

I got no email either.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chickennugget1

Same!!

I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 2020FE1

I haven’t received an email regarding the results. Or a reply to the numerous emails I’ve sent to the FE1 section over the past 2-3 weeks.
    I’ve just come to expect this level of treatment now and wait it out.

• Advertisement

Dear Candidate

Results of the November 2020 recheck applications will be available on the Law Society’s website at 4.00pm on Friday 19 February 2021. Results will be posted to candidates as soon as possible.

To access your results online, please go to www.lawsociety.ie/fe1results - you will be asked to login with your username and password.

If you have previously accessed your FE-1 results online, login with the same username and password. Your username is your Law Society ID Number.

If you have forgotten your password, go to www.lawsociety.ie/requestpassword and enter your username and surname. A new password will be sent straight away to your email address.

If you are using the online results service for the first time, enter your username and password as follows:

Username: Your username is your Law Society ID Number which appears on all letters you have received from the FE-1 section. If you do not know your username, please email fe1section@lawsociety.ie with your full name, date of birth and your current postal address and we will email your ID number to you to.

Password: First time users will need to reset their password. All passwords must be a minimum of 10 characters.

Queries

A guide to logging on to our website is attached. Please note that all candidates (including first time candidates) should log on as existing users.

We have included in the guide information about adding the Law Society as a trusted website. This step should not be necessary for the majority of candidates but may be required if you are accessing your results from a computer/network with high security settings.

If you have any issue logging in or accessing your results, please try clearing your browser cache and cookies. If this does not resolve your problem please contact webmaster@lawsociety.ie.

All other queries should be emailed to fe1section@lawsociety.ie and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.

Kind regards

FE1 Section

Advertisement