Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

I hope they don’t change the pass I received yesterday on my recheck!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

I hope they don’t change the pass I received yesterday on my recheck!!!!

we will hunt them down if they do !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

Awaiting refunds for months for November’s sitting for over 2 months now since I was told they were being processed. Still no sign of them. Having to re-apply now by Monday. Won’t answer emails, phone calls etc. Law. Soc is a shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

123456789j wrote: »
    Awaiting refunds for months for November’s sitting for over 2 months now since I was told they were being processed. Still no sign of them. Having to re-apply now by Monday. Won’t answer emails, phone calls etc. Law. Soc is a shambles.

Can't wait for the day their monopoly gets crushed

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gill2020

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Has anyone got examiner reports for contract or constitutional? I have sample answers and exam grids for every subject up to 2018 I can send back in return!

I have examiner reports if you want to message me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 eLawGirl

can't find this information online but knowing how the law society operates I think I already know the answer :(

if a rechecked exam comes back and brings you up to a pass do you get a refund of the recheck fee? 115€ is a lot of money

sitting exams next month and wondering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lawgirl23

eLawGirl wrote: »
    can't find this information online but knowing how the law society operates I think I already know the answer :(

if a rechecked exam comes back and brings you up to a pass do you get a refund of the recheck fee? 115€ is a lot of money

sitting exams next month and wondering

Yes, you get a refund if you go up to a pass. But, as I understand it, if you go up but don’t pass, you don’t get a refund.

So they’re really making us wait until 4... ;(

Are the recheck examiners aware of the previous markings? It might seem that their markings could be biased if they knew how the other marker corrected the exams, and either how close or far away the candidate was from passing. It might also show just how utterly arbitrary the markings are.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Are the recheck examiners aware of the previous markings? It might seem that their markings could be biased if they knew how the other marker corrected the exams, and either how close or far away the candidate was from passing. It might also show just how utterly arbitrary the markings are.

Think the recheck examiner is just the external - so in certain cases they may have already marked the paper and seen the other examiners mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Anyone who seen their mark... can I ask if you had been brought up from the 30’s?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

jus_me wrote: »
    Anyone who seen their mark... can I ask if you had been brought up from the 30’s?

Yes, I went from a 38% to a pass. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way at 4 o'clock!

Al1501 wrote: »
    Yes, I went from a 38% to a pass. Keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way at 4 o'clock!

What subject?

In what subject??? Eeeek well done

There’s still hope so....!

What subject?

It was in Company law. I understand that many people were unhappy with their result in that subject this year, so I'm hopeful that lots of people will come up in the rechecks.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

I'm interested to know if they're going to address the amount of rechecks this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

Can anyone advise on what topics to narrow down to in Tort? Not sure how many can be left out

• Registered Users Posts: 22 maewest19

jus_me wrote: »

I went from 38% to a 52% in Company also! Fingers crossed it stays that way

maewest19 wrote: »
    I went from 38% to a 52% in Company also! Fingers crossed it stays that way

Congratulations, that's excellent!

• Advertisement

Anybody see their property re-checks?

I’m hoping for a 36 to a pass in constitutional - unlikely but sure look!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

What are peoples thoughts on topics to revise for Company law to cut it down:

So far thinking: Directors Duties (Including restrictions), Corporate personality/separate legal identity, and Shares/Shareholder protection

What would you guys also be thinking of including?

bobbyness wrote: »

So far thinking: Directors Duties (Including restrictions), Corporate personality/separate legal identity, and Shares/Shareholder protection

I'd also suggest Corporate Borrowing, as I don't think it was on the November paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

bobbyness wrote: »

Which insolvency chapters/topics are you thinking? I'm hoping for winding up/examinership.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

Has anyone been able to view their recheck results. It still saying "Recheck results will be available on Friday 19 February" for me

Anyone else still not able to see results

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to view their recheck results. It still saying "Recheck results will be available on Friday 19 February" for me

Same here. No results yet.

Me too ;(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 2020FE1

FE1s2021 wrote: »

Same here

Advertisement