Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

lcs3 wrote: »
    Are people also seeing their November results for other exams they have sat? I’m seeing the two exams I sat and the one I got rechecked didn’t change? Does this mean I didn’t come up or does it mean my results aren’t there?

It means you didn't go up. I see my November results and my recheck result which has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

jip000 wrote: »
    My results arent up yet either but I did get a (surprisingly) apologetic call from the LS around 530pm saying that when reviewing they noticed that parts of the answers I submitted in the property exam werent included in what was sent to the graders.

I had no issues with the exam- didnt get kicked out, no bathroom breaks, no talking or gazing off into the distance. so im not sure why this would be.

There werent any specifics about what parts and how much of the answers... She said there would have to be a review and the board would have to meet so this could take a long time to get a final grade (no guarantee of a pass- I got a 43)

I asked her if there would be an extension on the application deadline for the next round because of this and she said of course but I dont have that in writing.

Im sure there must be others in the same boat.

I got this call too! Said they cannot guarantee when I will get the grade. I also got a 43 and had no issues in the exam. Mine was for Equity though. They couldn't tell me how much was missing, said it could be a few words, a paragraph or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

FE1new wrote: »
    I got this call too! Said they cannot guarantee when I will get the grade. I also got a 43 and had no issues in the exam. Mine was for Equity though. They couldn't tell me how much was missing, said it could be a few words, a paragraph or more.

PMd you there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

The plot thickens!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EM95

Just wondering does anyone know why the last thread closed? I found it hard to find this one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

EM95 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know why the last thread closed? I found it hard to find this one!

found same prob

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

EM95 wrote: »

It was almost at 10000 posts

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fe1student2803

Is anyone else still waiting to get their results?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ellachapman96

Does anyone have a copy of the nov 2020 property exam please?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chickennugget1

Is anyone else still waiting to get their results?

Ya I haven’t got mine yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Lawkp

Iconic10 wrote: »
    do we need to request a refund if we were brought up to a pass or is it automatic ?
    Do we get a refund if we were brought up to a pass??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fe1Student20

jip000 wrote: »
    My results arent up yet either but I did get a (surprisingly) apologetic call from the LS around 530pm saying that when reviewing they noticed that parts of the answers I submitted in the property exam werent included in what was sent to the graders.

I had no issues with the exam- didnt get kicked out, no bathroom breaks, no talking or gazing off into the distance. so im not sure why this would be.

There werent any specifics about what parts and how much of the answers... She said there would have to be a review and the board would have to meet so this could take a long time to get a final grade (no guarantee of a pass- I got a 43)

I asked her if there would be an extension on the application deadline for the next round because of this and she said of course but I dont have that in writing.

Im sure there must be others in the same boat.

Had a mirror image experience of this, except i got the call last night at 7:30 and mine was for contract. She said she doesn't know any way of saying how significant or insignificant the missing data was.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fe120202021

Hey everyone hope study is going well, does anyone have any tips for constitutional or tort, I'm finding it very overwhelming with the amout of material and not sure where to start with leaving out topics?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭AlexTG356

Had a mirror image experience of this, except i got the call last night at 7:30 and mine was for contract. She said she doesn't know any way of saying how significant or insignificant the missing data was.

Did you guys spot missing parts in your scripts and report this or did they spot it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fe1Student20

AlexTG356 wrote: »
    Did you guys spot missing parts in your scripts and report this or did they spot it?

They spotted it. I'm not sure if what was sent out to us has anything significant missing or not, whether it was just a difference in what was sent to the examiner, or whether what was sent to us is what the examiner's received. There's nothing glaring in mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 orlaghs

Nope, stayed the exact same!

i'm the same! absolutely baffled i was very confident in that exam, got 44% and was convinced i'd at least get a few more marks in the recheck! now i'm wondering was it even rechecked at all

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

AlexTG356 wrote: »

They noticed it when they did the recheck only. Which means this wasn’t picked up for anyone who failed and didn’t get a recheck.

Basically, as some of us were concerned about, the software is flawed and when we submitted our exams they weren’t saved in their entirety and this was only flagged by better examinations to the law society YESTERDAY.

One of my scrips is affected. I passed others with very low marks so I’m wondering if the same happened there but wasn’t flagged.

Boards seems to be taking this quite well surprisingly haha

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

Lawkp wrote: »
    Do we get a
    refund if we were brought up to a pass??

yes we will get the recheck fee refunded

Lawlz wrote: »
    They noticed it when they did the recheck only. Which means this wasn’t picked up for anyone who failed and didn’t get a recheck.

Basically, as some of us were concerned about, the software is flawed and when we submitted our exams they weren’t saved in their entirety and this was only flagged by better examinations to the law society YESTERDAY.

One of my scrips is affected. I passed others with very low marks so I’m wondering if the same happened there but wasn’t flagged.

Tbh, news about them losing peoples answers isn't a shock, it's kind of what we expect at this point. Delighted myself and so many others passed on recheck, but we all knew our results were just wrong when we got them, so this makes sense.

I just feel for the people who thought they had passed but maybe didn't get theirs rechecked for whatever reason (cost, risk, etc). They could have had answers lost and will never know.

Seeing a few people getting brought up from mid 30's to pass marks also...how can the original examiner have been so far off on so many people's papers?? Hate to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I genuinely don't think these were mistakes. I think they fail people and hope they won't get them rechecked, meaning they'll have to pay more to sit the exam again.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Iconic10 wrote: »
    yes we will get the recheck fee refunded

Is it automatic or do we need to apply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Hey everyone hope study is going well, does anyone have any tips for constitutional or tort, I'm finding it very overwhelming with the amout of material and not sure where to start with leaving out topics?

Those are two hard subjects to cut anything out of, for tort I would look at general neg, prof neg, product liability, occupiers, employer, passing off, you could gamble with fire/animal/children if you look at past papers and try and predict which might come up Roland's came up in November so maybe just look at regular nuisance. Intentional torsts came up as an easy in nov so you could take a gamble with that also!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

NewFe1 wrote: »
    It means you didn't go up. I see my November results and my recheck result which has changed.

I logged on all it has is my november 2020 results so Im unsure as when i log on now it is gone so does that mean i still havent recieved the recheck result confused.com

• Registered Users Posts: 32 2020FE1

Has anybody else not received their recheck result or a call regarding missing text?
    I haven’t received my result and also mailed the law society many times over the past 2 weeks about missing text from my script, without reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

Should we be expecting to receive an email today to confirm our recheck results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

the idea of missing chunks is ... kinda distressing. feel like at this stage anyone who sat exams in nov should be passed lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Can anybody confirm if they still havent recieved their results as there is no update email from law society. All I have is the November results which were there all along

Can anybody confirm if they still havent recieved their results as there is no update email from law society. All I have is the November results which were there all along

That's your new set of results including the rechecked exam mark. If your score for the exam you got rechecked is the same, then I'm afraid you haven't gone up.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bkm2020

Lawlz wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. Assuming, whoever didn't pay for a recheck will be none the wiser? The whole process needs to be reviewed and have an independent body brought in. There needs to be some level of transparency with the standards for markings. Maybe the next round of exams will run more smoothly with all this being highlighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fe120202021

i just had a look at the results page although i didn't apply for any rechecks, i had 3 passes but now all it says is:

The external examiner(s) have now carried out a recheck of your examination script(s).

Your results in the November 2020 sitting of the FE1 are as follows:

There appears to be no results for you - if this is an error please email fe1section@lawsociety.ie and include your ID number.

Anyone else having this issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

i just had a look at the results page although i didn't apply for any rechecks, i had 3 passes but now all it says is:

The external examiner(s) have now carried out a recheck of your examination script(s).

Your results in the November 2020 sitting of the FE1 are as follows:

There appears to be no results for you - if this is an error please email fe1section@lawsociety.ie and include your ID number.

Anyone else having this issue?

Yes because we didn’t apply for rechecks so therefore no external examiner looked at our scripts !

Advertisement