Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fe1student2803

i just had a look at the results page although i didn't apply for any rechecks, i had 3 passes but now all it says is:

The external examiner(s) have now carried out a recheck of your examination script(s).

Your results in the November 2020 sitting of the FE1 are as follows:

There appears to be no results for you - if this is an error please email fe1section@lawsociety.ie and include your ID number.

Anyone else having this issue?

Same issue except I did apply for a recheck

• Registered Users Posts: 13 corbrian1998

Has anyone done company law notes they would be willing to trade for property, tort or eu notes ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

i just had a look at the results page although i didn't apply for any rechecks, i had 3 passes but now all it says is:

The external examiner(s) have now carried out a recheck of your examination script(s).

Your results in the November 2020 sitting of the FE1 are as follows:

There appears to be no results for you - if this is an error please email fe1section@lawsociety.ie and include your ID number.

Anyone else having this issue?

Genuine question - how would I even know that my exam was rechecked if the mark stayed the same and people that didn't get the recheck have the same text prompt when they log in?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

Did anyone get their results today?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Genuine question - how would I even know that my exam was rechecked if the mark stayed the same and people that didn't get the recheck have the same text prompt when they log in?

Do you have access to any results ?

I haven’t been able to see my results since they uploaded rechecks Thursday or so. So I get the prompt with no results under it because I didn’t apply for a recheck

I assume if you can see your results they are your recheck results because so can’t see anything

But it doesn’t really make sense either for it to be so unclear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

could someone please tell me if these would be enough to cover for equity? thank you !

- all injunctions
    - charitable +cy pres
    - specific performance + rectification
    - undue influence
    - proprietary estoppel
    - strong v bird/DMC/3 certs
    - tracing
    - trustees

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

are people covering property rights for constitutional ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Just reading about bits missing off scripts now! Can we screenshot our answers in the exam?

Just reading about bits missing off scripts now! Can we screenshot our answers in the exam?

No you can’t there’s no way to do it as far as I’m aware - provided they use the same software as November

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Interestingly enough I rang the Law Society after the original release of the November results. I mentioned the number of people who couldn't make sense of their results and asked if maybe the online system had lost some of our answers. I was assured this was not the case. They said the system automatically saves the answers every second. I would have thought on that basis they should be able to retrieve everyone's full answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

could someone please tell me if these would be enough to cover for equity? thank you !

- all injunctions
    - charitable +cy pres
    - specific performance + rectification
    - undue influence
    - proprietary estoppel
    - strong v bird/DMC/3 certs
    - tracing
    - trustees

That's the whole course, no? Apart from the short note questions?

I wonder will they use the same system as November . Hope they tell us soon anyway because we’ll have to sort out all the tech requirements and such

• Registered Users Posts: 14 YcL

I applied for a recheck but did not pay as sent an email saying Id pay once they sent on my marks, they never did so I never paid. Mine was rechecked and brought from 36 to a pass. Maybe they are rechecking scripts which were flagged to have not saved whether people applied or not. Hopefully this is the case for candidates that didnt get theirs rechecked.

YcL wrote: »
    I applied for a recheck but did not pay as sent an email saying Id pay once they sent on my marks, they never did so I never paid. Mine was rechecked and brought from 36 to a pass. Maybe they are rechecking scripts which were flagged to have not saved whether people applied or not. Hopefully this is the case for candidates that didnt get theirs rechecked.

What subject was that in?

YcL wrote: »

I'd say they just didn't have the time to cross reference the applications with their bank account. I applied without paying and I was brought up from a 43 to a 52 in company.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FE1student2890

I got brought up from a 37 to a 55 in company. I'm obviously delighted but I'm quite annoyed I even had to get it rechecked in the first place when I knew I sat a perfectly fine exam.

What did the examiner put us through all this? Why are there such large disparities between grades? The inconsistency is mind boggling

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Denise2020

Can any really lovely person let me know if the following is too much or too little for Contract and Constitutional? I don't have anyone else really to ask and I'm working full-time so I really need to condense. Thank you so much!

(If there is anything I can comfortably leave out, please let me know!)

**Constitutional:

Introduction to Con Law
    Preamble
    Effects of Unconstitutional Finding
    Amending Constitution
    Separation of Powers
    Right to Silence
    Trial in due course of Law
    General Principles
    Personal Rights
    Equality
    Freedom of Expression
    Freedom of Assembly
    Property
    Inviolability of the Dwelling
    Freedom of Religion
    Family and Education

**Contract:

Agreement (offer & acceptance)
    Consideration
    Promissory Estoppel
    Contractual Terms
    Exemption Clauses
    Consumer Protection
    Misrepresentation
    Mistake
    Illegal Contracts
    Void Contracts
    Contractual Capacity
    Discharge of Contractual Duties
    Remedies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Does anyone have any tips of tackling constitutional law questions that focus on the freezing of bank accounts

Fe123 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips of tackling constitutional law questions that focus on the freezing of bank accounts

That's an Article 40 v 43 property rights question with proportionality I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

I am wondering should I still clarify the recheck result with the lasw society as it had up november 2020 and both the same results. Now when I log on it is completely gone. I definitely expected to go up a few marks if not a pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

guys does budgetary process as governed by constitution come up often in constitutional ?

I am wondering should I still clarify the recheck result with the lasw society as it had up november 2020 and both the same results. Now when I log on it is completely gone. I definitely expected to go up a few marks if not a pass.

If you’re unsure I definitely would ring first thing Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Denise2020 wrote: »
    Can any really lovely person let me know if the following is too much or too little for Contract and Constitutional? I don't have anyone else really to ask and I'm working full-time so I really need to condense. Thank you so much!

(If there is anything I can comfortably leave out, please let me know!)

**Constitutional:

Introduction to Con Law
    Preamble
    Effects of Unconstitutional Finding
    Amending Constitution
    Separation of Powers
    Right to Silence
    Trial in due course of Law
    General Principles
    Personal Rights
    Equality
    Freedom of Expression
    Freedom of Assembly
    Property
    Inviolability of the Dwelling
    Freedom of Religion
    Family and Education

**Contract:

Agreement (offer & acceptance)
    Consideration
    Promissory Estoppel
    Contractual Terms
    Exemption Clauses
    Consumer Protection
    Misrepresentation
    Mistake
    Illegal Contracts
    Void Contracts
    Contractual Capacity
    Discharge of Contractual Duties
    Remedies

For constitution I think you could leave out the first two chapters,unless by introduction you are referring to constitutional interpretation? Also what are general principles, I dont think I have come across that in my studies?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

omg I just registered for the exams there and I forgot to pick the venue... Im from Cork so obviously wanted cork but Dublin is coming up on my application form, is there any way to change this or does it even matter since theyre online??

jjjjjop wrote: »
    omg I just registered for the exams there and I forgot to pick the venue... Im from Cork so obviously wanted cork but Dublin is coming up on my application form, is there any way to change this or does it even matter since theyre online??

There was no option to pick a venue ! They’re online so doesn’t matter

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

There was no option to pick a venue ! They’re online so doesn’t matter

omg thank you for your reply.. i was lowkey freaking out haha

Is anyone else still waiting on recheck results?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fe1student2803

Coopie wrote: »
    Is anyone else still waiting on recheck results?

I am

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

I got brought up from a 37 to a 55 in company. I'm obviously delighted but I'm quite annoyed I even had to get it rechecked in the first place when I knew I sat a perfectly fine exam.

What did the examiner put us through all this? Why are there such large disparities between grades? The inconsistency is mind boggling

The amount of people being brought up from mid thirties to a pass in company is really dubious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Fitz_95

For anyone still waiting on recheck results, Paula Sheedy is currently emailing people their results this evening it looks like! Just got mine their now after emailing them this morning asking about it

Advertisement