Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Can anyone who sat company in November tell me what ye expected to come up and didn’t appear? Was it SLP and corporate borrowings?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 orlaghs

does anyone know if there's a way to get the breakdown of the recheck markings? i'm interested to see if my paper was marked differently by the external examiner

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

EQUITY
    does anyone have a sample answer for an unconscionability question in prop estoppel??

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

Hey all,

Long shot here, but I bought manual for Constitutional and unfortunately 5 pages are missing.

It's the Independent College Dublin '2020' Constitutional Law manual. I'm missing pages 308, 309, 310, 311, 312.

Does anyone have the same manual, and would be willing to email me some camscans/photos of these pages?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Help!!

I have went online to apply for my final exam however it is giving me the option to choose another exam (which I passed in August 2020) is this happening anyone esle? This is causing me concern considering I do not have the results letter from this pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

Anyone else still waiting on results?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 law8

Coopie wrote: »

I’m still waiting on confirmation that the results are accurate. So many people seem to be going up nearly 20% and I’m confused as to how I failed my best exam :(

We don’t get the breakdown of rechecks do we?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Help!!

I have went online to apply for my final exam however it is giving me the option to choose another exam (which I passed in August 2020) is this happening anyone esle? This is causing me concern considering I do not have the results letter from this pass.

Yes if you read the top of it it says it doesn’t include any passes since March 2020 and the form is in development !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carcar59

Yes, also emailed them over the weekend and haven’t received any response yet, although they’re probably inundated with emails at the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

I’m still waiting!

I haven’t applied for the 2 I’m waiting on but I’m getting worried now.

Have you applied for the ones you’re waiting on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 orlaghs

law8 wrote: »
    I’m still waiting on confirmation that the results are accurate. So many people seem to be going up nearly 20% and I’m confused as to how I failed my best exam :(

We don’t get the breakdown of rechecks do we?

just out of interest, what address did you email?

Lawlz wrote: »
    I’m still waiting!

I haven’t applied for the 2 I’m waiting on but I’m getting worried now.

Have you applied for the ones you’re waiting on?

No I’m still hanging on too.

No I’m still hanging on too.

Thanks for letting me know. I emailed the LS over the weekend but haven’t heard anything yet.

I applied for another 2 but it seems when you apply once you can’t apply again.

Has anyone on here added exams via email/ phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 law8

orlaghs wrote: »
    just out of interest, what address did you email?

The fe-1 section and Paula too.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Yes if you read the top of it it says it doesn’t include any passes since March 2020 and the form is in development !!

Thank you sorry an oversight on my part - panic over! They make so many mistakes my heart nearly stopped as no paper proof of passing the exam. However, the exam I passed in November is not showing up.

Thank you sorry an oversight on my part - panic over! They make so many mistakes my heart nearly stopped as no paper proof of passing the exam. However, the exam I passed in November is not showing up.

Think it just depends haha all of my exams I passed in November and the one in august are still there but I have screenshots of my results and all my papers sent to me so they can’t take back my passes 😂

law8 wrote: »
    The fe-1 section and Paula too.

Fe1 section and Paula.

Just got an automated response and this is in it:

THE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR THE MARCH SITTING WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE FE-1 PAGE OF OUR WEBSITE SHORTLY

22 FEBRUARY - CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF RECHECK APPLICATIONS

Anyone have any idea what that’s about? A mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

Applying for March 2021

Hi All,
    just an FYI i dont know if it makes a difference but it did for me;

when applying for the next sitting i didn't follow the link provided in the emails, i went onto law soc website, logged in to my account at the top and did it that way and had no issues with the application. this was last night about 11pm though.,,

Just got an automated response and this is in it:

THE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR THE MARCH SITTING WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE FE-1 PAGE OF OUR WEBSITE SHORTLY

22 FEBRUARY - CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF RECHECK APPLICATIONS

Anyone have any idea what that’s about? A mistake?

Seems odd I got an automated response the week before last but doesn’t say that

I’d just ring I usually get through to someone !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

sorry for any naivety here, how do we apply for a refund after passing a recheck? do we just email Paula, the poor soul?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lawkp

how long does it take to get your exam script back once ordered? I rang the law soc this morning in relation to re-check refunds and whether we need to apply for them or whether they'll be transferred to our accounts automatically but they were unable to tell me and said they'll ring me back.

Seems odd I got an automated response the week before last but doesn’t say that

I’d just ring I usually get through to someone !!

Been ringing, can’t get through! It rings out and goes to voicemail.

That’s an automated response from FE1section email address

Been ringing, can’t get through! It rings out and goes to voicemail.

That’s an automated response from FE1section email address

Oh sorry yea my automated email from 3rd of feb does say that down the bottom - must be a mistake in the last part must mean to say closing date for receipt of applications

Oh sorry yea my automated email from 3rd of feb does say that down the bottom - must be a mistake in the last part must mean to say closing date for receipt of applications

Why would they change it?

I hope it means they’ve extended the application deadline for those still waiting results.

Why is nothing ever straight forward!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

orlaghs wrote: »
    i'm the same! absolutely baffled i was very confident in that exam, got 44% and was convinced i'd at least get a few more marks in the recheck! now i'm wondering was it even rechecked at all

do you think there's anything we can do about this? i've just requested my re-checked paper back to see if anything was missing/how it was marked, but who knows how long it will take. don't know what the solution is but seems particularly unfair to those who didn't ask for re-checks cuz it's so damn expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭FE1s2021

lawDani wrote: »
    sorry for any naivety here, how do we apply for a refund after passing a recheck? do we just email Paula, the poor soul?

I would also like to know how this. Does anyone know what the process is?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Would anybody be able to give any guidance on Equality in Constitutional and what is important to focus on case wise? Seems to have been an essay for the last times its come up

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

fe12021 wrote: »
    do you think there's anything we can do about this? i've just requested my re-checked paper back to see if anything was missing/how it was marked, but who knows how long it will take. don't know what the solution is but seems particularly unfair to those who didn't ask for re-checks cuz it's so damn expensive.

I've requested this info too - I'm dubious as to whether someone actually went through the whole script again, given the way it was initially marked. I just applied via the GDPR request route but if anyone has success in getting their rechecked script via other means, please fill us in!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

LawLearnin wrote: »
    I've requested this info too - I'm dubious as to whether someone actually went through the whole script again, given the way it was initially marked. I just applied via the GDPR request route but if anyone has success in getting their rechecked script via other means, please fill us in!

How do you apply via the GDPR route?

Advertisement