Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

How do you apply via the GDPR route?

I emailed the data privacy address listed under this bit on the results page and specified that I wanted the rechecked script:

Access rights
    Candidates may request a copy of their exam script under the GDPR. If you wish to exercise this right, please email your request to fe1dataprivacy@lawsociety.ie. Please include a copy of your passport or driving licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭maggie95

FE1s2021 wrote: »
    I would also like to know how this. Does anyone know what the process is?

From memory, if you went up to a pass it's an automatic refund (or at least I don't remember having to apply for it) - think it took about 4-6 weeks but that was pre-Covid...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bkm2020

Has anyone got a reply about the recheck situation? No emails being answered

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

bkm2020 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a reply about the recheck situation? No emails being answered

No!

I emailed over the weekend and sent another email this morning after 2/3 calls rang out and went to voicemail.

I was affected by the missing sections of the scripts supposedly for one exam only but they haven’t given me my result from the other one!

March is also hopefully my last sitting so I really need clarity now. I applied for the 2 I have left but I want to wait to see what the results are from the recheck for the other 2.

Are you affected by pieces missing from your script?

Also, I got an automated response email this morning with an obvious mistake in it saying the closing date for rechecks is 22nd of February. I mean...!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bkm2020

Lawlz wrote: »
    No!

I emailed over the weekend and sent another email this morning after 2/3 calls rang out and went to voicemail.

I was affected by the missing sections of the scripts supposedly for one exam only but they haven’t given me my result from the other one!

March is also hopefully my last sitting so I really need clarity now. I applied for the 2 I have left but I want to wait to see what the results are from the recheck for the other 2.

Are you affected by pieces missing from your script?

Also, I got an automated response email this morning with an obvious mistake in it saying the closing date for rechecks is 22nd of February. I mean...!!!!!

That is ridiculous and frustrating. I'd happily have applied for another recheck considered people went up by 20% (delighted for them btw). It just does not sound right whatever is going on. A reply to an email or voicemail at this stage would be welcomed. I'm not on my last few so I just took it as an unfortunate fail and applied for 2 different ones. Hope you get sorted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 orlaghs

fe12021 wrote: »
    do you think there's anything we can do about this? i've just requested my re-checked paper back to see if anything was missing/how it was marked, but who knows how long it will take. don't know what the solution is but seems particularly unfair to those who didn't ask for re-checks cuz it's so damn expensive.

i emailed asking for a confirmation of my re-check grade and a copy of the marks awarded.
    the response i got from Paula was just the result and "the external examiner made no changes to the marks awarded by the internal examiner".
    hard to see how they can get away with charging such a high price for us to then get no feedback or guidance on why the grade wasnt changed. surely the re-check fee should include some sort of comments from the external examiner, especially for the papers that did not have a change in grades/marks per question at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

hiya, just wondering how long Paula took to get back to you? because of all the confusion with the grades I just want confirmation of the result.

hiya, just wondering how long Paula took to get back to you? because of all the confusion with the grades I just want confirmation of the result.

She rang me Friday saying there was sections missing from my script. She said only one script was affected but I still haven’t gotten the results from the other script.

I emailed over the weekend, rang today ( rang out a few times) and emailed again today.

Nothing yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 orlaghs

i emailed at 10:40am today and got a response within the hour - could've just been lucky that my email was seen whenever she logged on!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

Would anybody have sample answers for Tort? I'm having trouble laying down the concepts on the page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FE1_2020_

Would anyone be willing to share their passed exam script for Constitutional law please ? If so pm me and I may be able to provide you with any materials you may be looking for other exams etc.

Many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Murphs122

Does anyone know what time the application closes this evening at?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Murphs122 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time the application closes this evening at?

Not sure but I’d apply now in case you run into trouble because after 5 they’ll be gone from work !

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

anyone still waiting on their application to be approved - mine still says submitted but i did only apply on friday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Iconic10 wrote: »
    anyone still waiting on their application to be approved - mine still says submitted but i did only apply on friday ?

Yes, I am also waiting for my application to be approved, but I am a first time candidate.

Are we supposed to receive a confirmation email after paying for the exams?

Yes, I am also waiting for my application to be approved, but I am a first time candidate.

Don’t think so or at least I haven’t received anything but maybe after today when the applications close we will get an email but I don’t think we got one for November

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

hi First Time Candidate, welcome to what feels like a never ending nightmare. first thing to note: 'supposed to' means nothing in this parallel world - rid yourself of all expectations asap. rules, protocol, transparency/ clarity, communication etc are not a thing here.

good luck and...enjoy i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

orlaghs wrote: »
    i emailed asking for a confirmation of my re-check grade and a copy of the marks awarded.
    the response i got from Paula was just the result and "the external examiner made no changes to the marks awarded by the internal examiner".
    hard to see how they can get away with charging such a high price for us to then get no feedback or guidance on why the grade wasnt changed. surely the re-check fee should include some sort of comments from the external examiner, especially for the papers that did not have a change in grades/marks per question at all.

I am sorry to wade in here but you are wishing for or expecting something that is out of the remit of the external examiner. His / her job is to correct the script to what they think each question is worth. While there may be a discussion between examiners it is not in their remit to provide commentary on the papers. They have their opinion on the points that need to be made to get the marks. The closest we get as candidates to knowing what they expect is in the exam report. They charge for a second correction, not your own personal report on the exam! I am aware my view won't be a popular one but that is the way I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

Hi. Some last minute advice needed. Thinking of attempting criminal. Notes done and need to start exam papers. Have about 2hrs per day minimum to study. Do you think I’d be ok?! Thanks!!

Is there anyone who’s still waiting for recheck results that would sit them in March that still hasn’t applied?

All’s quiet on the LS front...

• Advertisement

APower79 wrote: »
    Hi. Some last minute advice needed. Thinking of attempting criminal. Notes done and need to start exam papers. Have about 2hrs per day minimum to study. Do you think I’d be ok?! Thanks!!

Well if you have your notes done I don’t see why you wouldn’t attempt it!! I’d say it’ll be grand tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

Lawlz wrote: »
    Is there anyone who’s still waiting for recheck results that would sit them in March that still hasn’t applied?

All’s quiet on the LS front...

I am Still waiting on my recheck result but I just applied anyway for March to be on the safe side.

Coopie wrote: »
    I am Still waiting on my recheck result but I just applied anyway for March to be on the safe side.

Thanks for letting me know! I might just do the same at this stage just to be sure & apply for the refund after if I have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

does anyone have contract predictions from revision course?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

I received approval of my March exams this afternoon, i'm a first-time candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 46 biglawhead420

caius97 wrote: »
    I received approval of my March exams this afternoon, i'm a first-time candidate

Were you emailed?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Were you emailed?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

APower79 wrote: »

Should be enough. Criminal is by far the easiest imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

What are people covering for Company?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

What are people covering or leaving out for tort? only decided to sit it this weekend so ive 5 weeks to get it all in my head haha.

Does anyone have what came up on the last tort paper?

Advertisement