Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

Should be enough. Criminal is by far the easiest imo.
    Thanks. Loads left to learn but hoping by sound lots of papers it’ll sink in!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Constitutional

Could some please tell what chapter (if any) deals with Referenda and Reform in the Griffith Manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FE1Pleb

Hey guys,

I'm looking for the Law School revision summary guide for Company. I have good materials for every other subject if anyone is looking for something and will to swap. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

APower79 wrote: »
    Hi. Some last minute advice needed. Thinking of attempting criminal. Notes done and need to start exam papers. Have about 2hrs per day minimum to study. Do you think I’d be ok?! Thanks!!

2 hours a day of productive study here should be enough to pass i reckon. Criminal in my opinion is one of the easier exams to pass with short study time.

good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

Constitutional

Could some please tell what chapter (if any) deals with Referenda and Reform in the Griffith Manual?

In the Griffith one I have, it's covered under Chapter 9 - SOP & the Doctrine of Non-Justiciability. Section heading is "The Wording, Content & Conduct of Referenda".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

LawLearnin wrote: »
    In the Griffith one I have, it's covered under Chapter 9 - SOP & the Doctrine of Non-Justiciability. Section heading is "The Wording, Content & Conduct of Referenda".

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

BETWEEN
    THE HIGH COURT CHANCERY
    IN THE MATTER OF BEGGASA LIMITED (IN RECEIVERSHIP) AND IN THE MATTER OF THE COMPANIES ACT 2014
    THE REVENUE COMMISSIONERS
    AND
    AENGUS BURNS AND PAUL MCCANN
    APPLICANTS
    (AS RECEIVERS AND MANAGERS OVER THE PROPERTY AND ASSETS OF BEGGASA LIMITED (IN RECEIVERSHIP))

New case for company relating to winding up and receivership !

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Saved.bythelaw

can someone please help me for Constitutional law and what topics everyone is focusing on for March please.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JudeLawX

Hi - does anybody have predictions for Contract Law? Or Criminal Law?

Sorry if this has been answered - if any have already been posted can you plz copy and paste, I cannot find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

for constitutional law- i am really struggling with the workload and whats expected of us some topics i have over 11 pages of notes done for! anyone know how in detail we are expected to go for cases (obviously for casenotes extreme detail is needed) but just fr general questions? and hw many cases roughly per topic? some topics have so much caselaw im not sure how i am going to remember everything on the brinks of a breakdown with it!!!

i am also wondering any tips for spotting issues in problem qs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

nicolesd wrote: »
    for constitutional law- i am really struggling with the workload and whats expected of us some topics i have over 11 pages of notes done for! anyone know how in detail we are expected to go for cases (obviously for casenotes extreme detail is needed) but just fr general questions? and hw many cases roughly per topic? some topics have so much caselaw im not sure how i am going to remember everything on the brinks of a breakdown with it!!!

i am also wondering any tips for spotting issues in problem qs?

i’m the same, it’s pushing me over the edge and i’m working full time. it’s my last exam but there’s just so much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

For company law does disqualification ever come up or is it just restriction

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

Out of interest, has anyone here been doing the fe1 ones for over 2 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

jjjjjop wrote: »
    Out of interest, has anyone here been doing the fe1 ones for over 2 years?

I am! I’m working full time and have a child so time is hard to come by. And I’ve no law degree/experience, just passed the preliminary exam a while back. I missed one complete sitting because I couldn’t get time off work. It’s fairly daunting but nearly there now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Byrne11

Fe123 wrote: »
    For company law does disqualification ever come up or is it just restriction

Hey, In the prep course I completed we were told just to cover restriction that disqualification rarely ever comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Fe1taker2020

Anyone know what is likely to come up for constitutional this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fe1prep2021

Hi guys, this is my first time taking the exams, are we permitted to highlight and put sticky tabs in our legislation?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Hi guys, this is my first time taking the exams, are we permitted to highlight and put sticky tabs in our legislation?

Yes just no writing on the sticky tabs !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Byrne11 wrote: »
    Hey, In the prep course I completed we were told just to cover restriction that disqualification rarely ever comes up

Thanks a mill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

hey, does anyone know if employers' liability for occupational injury was on the november or august tort paper, and if it's one that comes up often? the manual for tort doesn't have the usual exam relevance/past qs section so just trying to figure out if i can leave out any topics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

fe12021 wrote: »
    hey, does anyone know if employers' liability for occupational injury was on the november or august tort paper, and if it's one that comes up often? the manual for tort doesn't have the usual exam relevance/past qs section so just trying to figure out if i can leave out any topics

Not on November for that particular question. There was a question about a car dealer that took someone out for a test drive without a licence but I answered it as vicarious liability. I got 11 out of 20 so could have had something to do with employers liability! But nothing in relation to occupational injury. Products liability and occupiers liability came up so employers might be due a run!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 church street 94

Anyone think it's worth getting the Nutshells books for some subjects like constitutional or eu?

phildub wrote: »
    Not on November for that particular question. There was a question about a car dealer that took someone out for a test drive without a licence but I answered it as vicarious liability. I got 11 out of 20 so could have had something to do with employers liability! But nothing in relation to occupational injury. Products liability and occupiers liability came home so employers might be die a run!

thank you so much, hugely appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

Does anyone have the link to the 2021 Night Before Notes? Can't find them online / not sure if they're out yet / terrified they're not doing it this time!

Is anyone else still trying to get clarity/confirmation from the LS over recheck results?

Fe119 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the link to the 2021 Night Before Notes? Can't find them online / not sure if they're out yet / terrified they're not doing it this time!

I can only find the 2020 link, don't see the 2021 one on their website yet either. Maybe they don't release them til closer to the sittings?

LawLearnin wrote: »
    Is anyone else still trying to get clarity/confirmation from the LS over recheck results?

yep emailed poor paula on monday but didn't hear back and don't want to bombard her since she seems to be running the LS alone...requested my script in the meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

Anyone know what is likely to come up for constitutional this year?

lockdown? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

Anyone think it's worth getting the Nutshells books for some subjects like constitutional or eu?

I have the Cons one at the moment and its clarified a few things for me already. Wont be using it as my main source for any topic but its good to have a second explanation for some areas of the course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Hi, a quick query regarding Eu law - Fundamental Freedoms - Free Movement of Goods.
    My manual says when approaching a problem question to do so in 4 steps .
    The first is ‘ highlight the national measure’.
    Does anyone know what this means in practice?
    The next 3 steps make sense just stuck on this one.
    Thanks!!

Advertisement