Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

LawLearnin wrote: »
    Is anyone else still trying to get clarity/confirmation from the LS over recheck results?

Im still waiting!

I emailed over the weekend and have called but it keeps going to voicemail.

One of my scripts is affected by the missing sections but I still don’t have results from the other one that’s apparently not affected!

lawDani wrote: »
    lockdown? lol

Probably lol.

Anyone else think that continued lockdowns wouldn’t actually stand up to the constitution?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 moeby

This is a long shot, but I wonder does anyone have sample answers for the October 2017 Constitutional Law paper.

In particular, Question 5.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

equity

any advice on what topics to narrow down to? would really appreciate any help

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

Would anybody happen to have a sample answer on "the benefits of incorporation under the Companies Act 2014" for Company Law?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

equity

any advice on what topics to narrow down to? would really appreciate any help

november paper didn't include injunctions which was a blessing but v unexpected so imagine that will come back since it's a staple? i remember answering/reading qs on donatio mortis causa, estoppel, strong v bird was one of the case notes and i think another one was rectification, undue influence (and whether bank was on notice in context of married couple), charitable purpose trusts.

so might also be a good idea to look at specific performance since that's fairly common and didn't come up. and secret trusts/tracing? the tracing question is always the exact same so maybe worth preparing an essay anyway since if it comes up you can more or less ensure that you nail it.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

Hi, a quick query regarding Eu law - Fundamental Freedoms - Free Movement of Goods.
    My manual says when approaching a problem question to do so in 4 steps .
    The first is ‘ highlight the national measure’.
    Does anyone know what this means in practice?
    The next 3 steps make sense just stuck on this one.
    Thanks!!

I would take a guess that it is referring to the fact that in the question there will be a mention of a national measure ie in 2019 Ireland introduced a bill which pit a tax on beer in plastic bottles. They then might go on to say Denmark only put beers in recycled plastic and now would receive a higher tax (i am making this all up) so then you would say the national measure is a ban on the sale of beer in plastic containers. You would say it is indirectly discrimination because it is not a tax on import but it has the same effect etc etc etc

Feel free to correct me if I am way off all my eu seems to have dropped from my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

phildub wrote: »
    I would take a guess that it is referring to the fact that in the question there will be a mention of a national measure ie in 2019 Ireland introduced a bill which pit a tax on beer in plastic bottles. They then might go on to say Denmark only put beers in recycled plastic and now would receive a higher tax (i am making this all up) so then you would say the national measure is a ban on the sale of beer in plastic containers. You would say it is indirectly discrimination because it is not a tax on import but it has the same effect etc etc etc

Feel free to correct me if I am way off all my eu seems to have dropped from my head!

Thanks Phil, that makes sense. My brain is in mush at this stage from it. Very appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Buttonbean123

I am also still waiting to hear back on the recheck results! I have literally been emailing and calling for the last couple of weeks about a chunk of an answer that is missing from my exam and have gotten no response! My recheck mark wasn’t changed so I want to make sure the external examiner marked my full script. How does anyone actually get through to the Law Soc or get a response? I have genuinely emailed them with a screenshot of the missing part and no one has gotten back to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Smiley283

For those of you who are sitting constitutional law in this round what topics are you covering? Are there any particular topics that you would advise me to leave out/cover?

• Advertisement

I am also still waiting to hear back on the recheck results! I have literally been emailing and calling for the last couple of weeks about a chunk of an answer that is missing from my exam and have gotten no response! My recheck mark wasn’t changed so I want to make sure the external examiner marked my full script. How does anyone actually get through to the Law Soc or get a response? I have genuinely emailed them with a screenshot of the missing part and no one has gotten back to me!

I’ve been left in the dark aswel. Never got any results for 2 exams when the recheck results came out. One apparently affected by missing sections.

I got a call from the LS Friday night and the general consensus was that the board of examiners were meeting this week, that the examiners themselves didn’t know of the missing sections problem and I would hear back from them this/ next week.

This does absolutely nothing to help me prepare for the next set.

Emails/ calls unanswered

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Has anyone who was brought up (but not to a pass) still feel their result isn’t right ?

jus_me wrote: »
    Has anyone who was brought up (but not to a pass) still feel their result isn’t right ?

i went up but not to a pass - pretty painful, sorry you're in the same boat! not sure what i think since it's v normal in these exams to over/underestimate your performance. mostly concerned by the fact some answers weren't saved so i've requested my script.

also - is anyone able to tell me what came up in the november criminal and/or tort exams? thank you so much

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

any predictions for property law? or guidance on what topics to focus on?

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Does anyone have the foggiest notion about how this online sitting will be conducted? We're less than a month away and no word what website we'll be using, or if we will be allowed rough work this time etc.

flepetch wrote: »
    any predictions for property law? or guidance on what topics to focus on?

it's an incredibly predictable paper. definitely do succession (v often 2 questions so that's 40% of your revision done), easements, adverse possession (one or both of AP and easements typically comes up), finding objects (think this is always on there).

and then pick a couple of others - i think family property came up in the last sitting and don't think mortgages or licences did (if i remember correctly). also recall estoppel being on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

fe12021 wrote: »
    it's an incredibly predictable paper. definitely do succession (v often 2 questions so that's 40% of your revision done), easements, adverse possession (one or both of AP and easements typically comes up), finding objects (think this is always on there).

and then pick a couple of others - i think family property came up in the last sitting and don't think mortgages or licences did (if i remember correctly). also recall estoppel being on there.

Contractual licenses came up as an essay in November so could chance leaving that

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Byrne11

Fe119 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the link to the 2021 Night Before Notes? Can't find them online / not sure if they're out yet / terrified they're not doing it this time!

Hey, they are out. Just type in city colleges night before notes 2021 and you sign up for them, you'll see it listed in your web search! Sign up and they e-mail them to you straight away with videos.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

Hi All,

anybody that passed EU last sitting that has their copy script willing to share?

i failed only by few % and wanted to compare where i fell down...

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

NBN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 jip000

Thats really frustrating, keep trying though! Im one of the few they called last friday about missing bits. There really must be more people in the same boat and they simply cant ignore it.

Well... they are the lawsoc so they probably will try to ignore it. But keep at them nonetheless!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jip000

Lawlz wrote: »
    I’ve been left in the dark aswel. Never got any results for 2 exams when the recheck results came out. One apparently affected by missing sections.

I got a call from the LS Friday night and the general consensus was that the board of examiners were meeting this week, that the examiners themselves didn’t know of the missing sections problem and I would hear back from them this/ next week.

This does absolutely nothing to help me prepare for the next set.

Emails/ calls unanswered

Just got an email from Paula re my script with the missing pieces:

“I attach a copy of your Property script which has been returned to us by Better Examinations. Please note that the script has been renumbered by Better Examinations.

This matter was reported to a meeting of the Board of Examiners which was held yesterday afternoon.

Your scripts have been referred to the external examiner for marking and a further meeting of the Board of Examiners will be held when the marks are returned by the examiners.

I will be in touch with you again shortly.”

I havent had a chance to compare this script with the one they previously sent. At least we know the board has met though

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the foggiest notion about how this online sitting will be conducted? We're less than a month away and no word what website we'll be using, or if we will be allowed rough work this time etc.

I'd imagine the exact same as last time.

NewFe1 wrote: »
    I'd imagine the exact same as last time.

I hope so but i remember our logins no longer worked on that website about 2 months after the exams

Lallers96 wrote: »
    I hope so but i remember our logins no longer worked on that website about 2 months after the exams

....what were you doing trying to login 2 months after the exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Would I be ok for EU with the following:

Institutions, general principles, direct effect and MSL, judicial review, free movement of goods, free movement of persons (citizenship & workers) and antidiscrimination/equality?

I really don't want to cover competition law & mergers

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

Can anyone tell me what came up in equity in November please? Cant find it if it was posted earlier. Im trying to narrow down...like really down!!

Law101 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what came up in equity in November please? Cant find it if it was posted earlier. Im trying to narrow down...like really down!!

the ones i remember: donatio mortis causa PQ; charitable purpose trusts PQ; case note on strong v bird and rectification (dno what the third option was - had to pick two); undue influence PQ (bank on notice in context of married couple); and one i forgot to mention when answering this q earlier today was an essay i think on the three certainties? one of the certainties was specified and given more marks and then you had to pick one other to write about.

the ones i remember: donatio mortis causa PQ; charitable purpose trusts PQ; case note on strong v bird and rectification (dno what the third option was - had to pick two); undue influence PQ (bank on notice in context of married couple); and one i forgot to mention when answering this q earlier today was an essay i think on the three certainties? one of the certainties was specified and given more marks and then you had to pick one other to write about.

NB no question on injunctions.

• Advertisement

....what were you doing trying to login 2 months after the exams?

Can't remember you'd have to go back over the posts from then, I was probably checking randomly to see if there was any hope of results before Xmas lol

Advertisement