Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Constitutional

Is everyone studying Freedom of Expression for Constitutional?
    For some reason when I was planning my topics I had left it out but I have no idea now if that was intentional or not.
    Also in terms of unenumerated rights, what are people concentrating on?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

fe12021 wrote: »
    NB no question on injunctions.

Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

for trial in due course of the law - what are people covering? and roughly how many cases per sub topic are we required to have for each?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

Constitutional

Is everyone studying Freedom of Expression for Constitutional?
    For some reason when I was planning my topics I had left it out but I have no idea now if that was intentional or not.
    Also in terms of unenumerated rights, what are people concentrating on?

Think that is one of the most regularly examined topics. Wouldnt leave it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

Byrne11 wrote: »
    Hey, they are out. Just type in city colleges night before notes 2021 and you sign up for them, you'll see it listed in your web search! Sign up and they e-mail them to you straight away with videos.

Best of luck!

You couldn't send on the link to subscribe for the 2021 version? I have googled it a few times (Safari/Chrome) and keep getting the October 2020 notes/videos, which I already had access to. Is that what you are referring to? Or is there new notes & videos for this next March sitting? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

lawgrad49 wrote: »
    You couldn't send on the link to subscribe for the 2021 version? I have googled it a few times (Safari/Chrome) and keep getting the October 2020 notes/videos, which I already had access to. Is that what you are referring to? Or is there new notes & videos for this next March sitting? Thanks!

i would appreciate this too ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

I asked City Colleges on live chat and they said the 2021 notes will be released closer to exams! It's only the 2020 ones out atm :) It gives me strange comfort that we're too far out from exams for night before notes lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 ellachapman96

Does anyone know if the equity examiner has changed or is it the same person? The LS website says the same person but I thought I saw someone say examiner had changed. Thanks in advance ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

• Registered Users Posts: 10 roisneesh

Would anyone have a criminal grid please? Happy to swap for something.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Does anyone know if the equity examiner has changed or is it the same person? The LS website says the same person but I thought I saw someone say examiner had changed. Thanks in advance ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

It changed in November but idk if it’s permanent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Fe179user

Constitutional law:
    Separation of powers
    Judicial review
    President & AG
    Parliamentary privilege
    Freedom of expression
    Due process and due course of law
    The right of liberty
    Personal rights
    Property rights
    Constitutional interpretation
    Referenda
    Right to die

Is this okay to learn for constitutional law or is there anything I could leave out or add in?

For tort law:
    Negligence
    Trespass to land
    Rylands
    Trespass to person
    Nervous shock
    Defamation
    Duty of care
    Vicarious liability
    Contributory negligence
    Nuisance

Also same for tort do I need to add anything in or leave anything out

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

what topics exactly come under judicial review in constitutional they are not called judicial review in my manual? sorry prob such a stupid q!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FE1Nov20

nicolesd wrote: »
    what topics exactly come under judicial review in constitutional they are not called judicial review in my manual? sorry prob such a stupid q!!!

Same here! I’m guessing that relates to locus standi and Mootness

Fe179user wrote: »
    Constitutional law:
    Separation of powers
    Judicial review
    President & AG
    Parliamentary privilege
    Freedom of expression
    The right of liberty
    Personal rights
    Property rights
    Referenda
    Right to die

Is this okay to learn for constitutional law or is there anything I could leave out or add in?

For tort law:
    Negligence
    Trespass to land
    Rylands
    Trespass to person
    Nervous shock
    Defamation
    Duty of care
    Vicarious liability
    Contributory negligence
    Nuisance

I’d say defamation is due a run this time - wasn’t on the last paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Constitutional law:
    Separation of powers
    Judicial review
    President & AG
    Parliamentary privilege
    Freedom of expression
    The right of liberty
    Personal rights
    Property rights
    Referenda
    Right to die

For tort law:
    Negligence
    Trespass to land
    Rylands
    Trespass to person
    Nervous shock
    Defamation
    Duty of care
    Vicarious liability
    Contributory negligence
    Nuisance

Imo you are leaving a lot out of tort, Rylands came up in November so you might be OK to leave that out. Did you consider passing off or employers liability? Vicarious was up in nov also (although that doesn't mean it won't show) also chapters like liability for fire/children/animals?

It changed in November but idk if it’s permanent

Yep it’s Noel McGrath, thinks he’s the same if not worse than Oonagh lol

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Law101 wrote: »
    Yep it’s Noel McGrath, thinks he’s the same if not worse than Oonagh lol

I’ve had both in college I think he’s slightly better haha

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ktvaljean

looking to buy the companies act, if anyone has one can you give me a message there

any idea on the important topics for company and con?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fe179user

awsah wrote: »
    Imo you are leaving a lot out of tort, Rylands came up in November so you might be OK to leave that out. Did you consider passing off or employers liability? Vicarious was up in nov also (although that doesn't mean it won't show) also chapters like liability for fire/children/animals?

Would you recommend leaving out rylands and vicarious then and instead doing liability for fire/children/animals, passing off and employers liability instead? Thanks for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

The devil of all markers if you ask me, I am a nervous wreck about March I have sat it twice at this stage and got the late 40's if I don't get March I lose my training contract :( All the other exams are completed but this one is hanging over me I would pick any other topic over this one to be the final.

I have totally lost my confidence with this one. It feels no matter how hard I study they will fail me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

equity
    very high chance that injunctions will be on the paper., as we know but is anyone focusing on a particular type?
    between mandatory interlocutory, quia timet, mareva or anton piller - is there any preference people are taking?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

What are people focusing on for company? I’ve heard it’s repetitive and easy to predict but not really finding that.

Would you recommend leaving out rylands and vicarious then and instead doing liability for fire/children/animals, passing off and employers liability instead? Thanks for this!

Oh i don't know my guesses aren't the best, I just think you might be leaving yourself a bit short with the topics you have listed. If I was taking the exam I would take the gamble with rylands but maybe not vicarious? But don't come back in March when it comes up in the paper! I'm just guessing here!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

How is everyone finding studying with working full time? I'm struggling to find the motivation to study for long after work

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

Iso_123 wrote: »
    How is everyone finding studying with working full time? I'm struggling to find the motivation to study for long after work

My day is kind of flipped at the moment as I don't start work til around lunchtime (finishing at 9/10pm) and it means I can get a few hours done beforehand in the morning. Even when I was starting work at 9am though I found it better to get up at the absolute crack of dawn and study before work - I just cannot get my head down when the working day is done. Would getting some study in before your working day starts be at all feasible?

I find it tough enough to juggle both some days and feel like I'm not covering enough per day, but think it's better to have productive short sessions when my head is able for it instead of half-arsed longer ones when I can't focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

Iso_123 wrote: »

I’m a mom of four who are all home at the moment. Trying to study early before they get up and after they go to bed. Not easy so I understand how you feel!

LawLearnin wrote: »
    My day is kind of flipped at the moment as I don't start work til around lunchtime (finishing at 9/10pm) and it means I can get a few hours done beforehand in the morning. Even when I was starting work at 9am though I found it better to get up at the absolute crack of dawn and study before work - I just cannot get my head down when the working day is done. Would getting some study in before your working day starts be at all feasible?

I find it tough enough to juggle both some days and feel like I'm not covering enough per day, but think it's better to have productive short sessions when my head is able for it instead of half-arsed longer ones when I can't focus.

Ya I agree it can be very difficult to study when I come home in the evenings and I am definitely not getting as much done as I would like. I am just hoping that I am doing enough to scrape a pass!

Hang in there, it will all be over soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

awsah wrote: »

hey, this was useful - pls could you tell me which other topics came up in november? thanks a mil!

LawLearnin wrote: »

this might be a good idea actually! My time is split between the office and home at the moment so maybe on the days that I'm working from home getting up early and getting study in before work is a good idea. I find that I'm just wrecked after work and wont get much more than 2 hours in (and on friday's I've just been doing absolutely 0 hahah)

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement

APower79 wrote: »
    I’m a mom of four who are all home at the moment. Trying to study early before they get up and after they go to bed. Not easy so I understand how you feel!

Fair play this sounds tough! Very impressed by your determination/motivation!

Advertisement