Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

awsah wrote: »
    Hey I posted my paper a while ago but I will leave it again here, there was a big mix of topics, I think it really demostrates that you need to know most of the course

thank you so much for this! did you sit any others for which you got scripts back in november and would be willing to share? found your tort post. and happy to exchange for any material you need that i might have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

Iso_123 wrote: »
    Is anyone here that is doing equity leaving out tracing? I was going to cover it and spent this morning reading about it but I find it quite confusing and am thinking of leaving it out now.. I have most other topics for equity covered and am only leaving out constructive trusts, (tracing), the part of complete constitution that never comes up and maybe estoppel because its come up a good few times in a row now.

also found it confusing at first but it's such a short topic and the question never really changes - almost always an essay topic worded in the exact same way. it didn't come up in november. i think you've covered more than enough but if you're aiming to be tactical and can find a sample answer i'd recommend doing it bcos you'll write the whole essay out in about 15 mins and can ensure you get a good mark in it. that's just my stance, though, and if it's too confusing it might not be worth wasting your time. just imagining the convenience of banging out an essay like that and skipping e.g. an injunctions question...i've sat it already so don't want to lead you astray, but i prepared it with that thinking in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

fe12021 wrote: »
    thank you so much for this! did you sit any others for which you got scripts back in november and would be willing to share? found your tort post. and happy to exchange for any material you need that i might have

I did company and EU but got 50 and 51 in those respectively so not much good to anyone really, like i got less than 10 marks in some questions, I had thought I had failed them both tbh. but if you want to have a look i would be more than happy to send them on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Did anyone’s prep course give them any tips for constitutional :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Any tips on what can be left out for company/what people covered for company? Thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

\does anyone have or know what they key topics or ones that are likely to come up for tort? any help is greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jcarroll9

Could somebody let me know what chapter Tracing is in in equity? Also any sample answers on tracing would be great. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Iso_123 wrote: »
    Is anyone here that is doing equity leaving out tracing? I was going to cover it and spent this morning reading about it but I find it quite confusing and am thinking of leaving it out now.. I have most other topics for equity covered and am only leaving out constructive trusts, (tracing), the part of complete constitution that never comes up and maybe estoppel because its come up a good few times in a row now.

I sat equity last sitting - did the course with city colleges - was told that you need to have it down to a tee and really understand tracing because the question is harshly marked and loss of people do bad with it because they get confused

If you’re really confused by it I’d leave it out tbh !!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

I sat equity last sitting - did the course with city colleges - was told that you need to have it down to a tee and really understand tracing because the question is harshly marked and loss of people do bad with it because they get confused

If you’re really confused by it I’d leave it out tbh !!

Thanks for this and for the other responses I got! I did look through the exam paper and see what people mean about the essay q - it's always the same. I'm thinking for now I'm going to focus on getting the topics I have notes for learned and if I have time after that I'll just learn off a sample answer for that essay Q.

I was planning on leaving it out early on but after looking at the exam grid I really think it's due a run which is what made me reconsider. I'm hoping though that by covering most of the rest of the course that even if it did come up I can just avoid it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 corbrian1998

Should I be covered for equity with 3 certainties, DMC, strong v bird, secret trusts, charitable trusts, cy pres doctrine, non-charitable purpose trusts, resulting trusts, constructive trusts, trustees, satisfaction, specific performance and rectification?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

does anyone have any sample answers for criminal from 2017 onwards they would be willing to share, please and thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FE1Nov20

Feeling overwhelmed with Constitutional - what's everyone covering for it?? anyone think it's too risky leaving out the Oireachtas (parliamentary privilege) and constitutional interpretation

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Hi All
    Just in relation to recent constitutional cases - I have the Supreme Court Annual Report for 2019 . Does anybody know is there or is there likely to be a Report for 2020 released ? The Examiner seemed to pull some cases from the 2019 Report in the last paper.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

FE1Nov20 wrote: »
    Feeling overwhelmed with Constitutional - what's everyone covering for it?? anyone think it's too risky leaving out the Oireachtas (parliamentary privilege) and constitutional interpretation

I think you could take a small risk and leave out the parliamentary privilege as an essay on Kerins v Mcguinnes and O'Brien v Clerk Dail Eireann came up last sitting and then i'm almost sure basically the same essay came up the sitting before that too. Seems maybe slightly less likely for that to come up again?

I probably wouldn't leave out interpretation though as that hasn't come up in a while as far as I know and I think it's due a run (I was v pissed off when I didn't see it on my paper in November)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

Should I be covered for equity with 3 certainties, DMC, strong v bird, secret trusts, charitable trusts, cy pres doctrine, non-charitable purpose trusts, resulting trusts, constructive trusts, trustees, satisfaction, specific performance and rectification?

DMC was on nov paper, what I can gather it doesn’t come up every year, so I’m leaving that out. Injunction always come up but not last year. So it’s due a run this year - but don’t know which. Maybe mareva?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

who else is freaking out over constitutional ?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

Hi All
    Just in relation to recent constitutional cases - I have the Supreme Court Annual Report for 2019 . Does anybody know is there or is there likely to be a Report for 2020 released ? The Examiner seemed to pull some cases from the 2019 Report in the last paper.
    Thanks.

Last year's one came out 26 February so maybe this week!

phildub wrote: »
    Last year's one came out 26 February so maybe this week!

where would we find that ? just google it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

Iconic10 wrote: »
    where would we find that ? just google it ?

Yup

what is the name of the website that has recent constitutional cases, can’t remember it ?

• Advertisement

what is the name of the website that has recent constitutional cases, can’t remember it ?

The judgement page on courts.ie? Is there another one? I cant wait to have constitutional behind me, glad it's up first!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭bobbyness

Hey. Just paying it forward. If anyone needs any notes/help on Company or EU law. Send me a message. Happy to forward

Courtesy of @Awsah on this forum. Please don't bother Awsah and let them revise in peace. Send me a message :)

Best of luck guys

bobbyness wrote: »
    Hey. Just paying it forward. If anyone needs any notes/help on Company or EU law. Send me a message. Happy to forward

Courtesy of @Awsah on this forum. Please don't bother Awsah and let them revise in peace. Send me a message :)

Best of luck guys

Thanks for the offer to pay it forward, im still happy to help if people need 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Constitutional

Hey, does anyone have a sample answer for the March 2017 Paper Q.4? It's a problem question that relates to FOE of the Press (i think).
    My sample answers seem to be missing that question.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LawLearnin

Constitutional

Hey, does anyone have a sample answer for the March 2017 Paper Q.4? It's a problem question that relates to FOE of the Press (i think).
    My sample answers seem to be missing that question.

Thanks in advance!

I'd be v interested in this too, if anyone has it to share!

Also, does anyone have the City Colleges constitutional case notes on privacy? Can swap for other materials

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fe179user

who else is freaking out over constitutional ?

It’s so broad I’m very worried

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

FE1Nov20 wrote: »

Overwhelmed is an understatement. Trying to sit EU, constitutional, company, tort and criminal and now really starting to feel the stress.

I'm hoping to be somewhat covered if I do constitutional interpretation, the president and AG, courts and judiciary, Separation of Powers, Trial in Due Course of Law & Jury Trial, Property Rights, Fair Procedures, Religion, Family Children and Education, Equality and Liberty.

Am I leaving any glaringly important one out? Not feeling confident at all but sure here we are

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Has anyone got a copy of the November Company exam paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gill2020

Would anyone have a sample answer on winding up/receivership please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Gill2020 wrote: »
    Would anyone have a sample answer on winding up/receivership please?

I do if you want to PM me.

Advertisement