Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 blondie8856

Heyyy,

Does anyone know the pass rate for Constitutional? So behind with study ..

Topics wise I'm definitely leaving out Due Course - Right to Silence, Jury trial etc. Does anyone have any red flag topics they think will be up?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

Freedom of expression would be quite popular also.

Ugh. I can't wait to see the back of this exam. I feel it and company are sapping at my will to live. Along with the Law Society itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fe1Student20

Has anyone with their scripts affected by the missing data heard any sort of update from the LS? On the original phone call the Friday before last Paula said we would have our results by Friday just gone. Have tried calling today and just been put through to a variety of voicemails.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 aidey123

Hi all,

Just wondering what people are covering for Contract? A bit behind study and would love to know what to safely remove.

Also any advice on going about essay questions would be great, I'm not a law graduate and don't have any sample essay answers for it.

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 feliznavidab

Hi guys,

If anyone has some constitutional sample answers I'd really appreciate you sending it to me - really struggling to identify what's being asked in the questions and feel like I'm missing the key issues then...

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Has anyone with their scripts affected by the missing data heard any sort of update from the LS? On the original phone call the Friday before last Paula said we would have our results by Friday just gone. Have tried calling today and just been put through to a variety of voicemails.

No still waiting! I got an email last Wednesday when I was told the scripts were being sent back to external examiners and the board would meet again but she didn’t give a timeline of when we would get results except that I would hear from them shortly.

Interesting she told you it would be last Friday.

I had hoped we would hear from them yesterday or today.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Anyone leaving out personal Liberty for constitutional because it came up in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Anyone leaving out personal Liberty for constitutional because it came up in November?

I’m going to look at it anyway !!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Costello95

Would anyone have recent sample answers for Equity and EU they wouldn’t mind sharing? I have up as far as 2017 for both that I could swap. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Fe1ak

Would anyone have any 2020 Tort Paper and or recent sample answers for tort?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 ejm47

Hey, anyone have a second hand Companies Act for sale? Or know anywhere to get one kinda cheap? Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

keelfe1s wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Can someone let me know what they’re covering for equity please.

Im planning covering the following:

- all injunctions
    - specific performance +rectification
    - charitable trusts + cy pres
    - undue influence
    - prop estoppel
    - strong v bird
    - secret trusts
    - tracing
    - dmc/3 certaintees

Would people think this is enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Im planning covering the following:

- all injunctions
    - specific performance +rectification
    - charitable trusts + cy pres
    - undue influence
    - prop estoppel
    - strong v bird
    - secret trusts
    - tracing
    - dmc/3 certaintees

Would people think this is enough?

I would agree with this. It is what I am also covering and I think it should be enough.. hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

FE1Rookies wrote: »
    I would agree with this. It is what I am also covering and I think it should be enough.. hopefully!

Are you going to leave out resulting trusts and trustees duties? I mighht to the same haha

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

does anyone have a good sample answer to the tracing essay q for equity? or some general sample answers too? I have sample answers/materials for other subjects to swap

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

jjjjjop wrote: »
    Are you going to leave out resulting trusts and trustees duties? I mighht to the same haha

I might have a read over resulting trusts if I have time but defo not focusing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DarthBhfeidir

Hi everyone, long time lurker and first time poster. Planning to sit Contract, Equity and Trusts and Property this month.

Finding it very difficult to study, between COVID, my health, my mother's health etc. I've been sapped of my motivation and clarity of thought, and find myself in need to reorganise my study schedule.

I have covered/plan to cover these topics:

Contract: Offer and Acceptance, Consideration, Remedies, Consumer Protection, Estoppel, Intention to Create Legal Relations, Contractual Terms, Exemption Clauses, Mistake, Undue Influence/Unconscionability, Illegal Contracts, Discharge.

Property: Sucession, Adverse Possession, Easements and Profits, Co-ownership, Landlord and Tenant, Finding, Family Property, Licences, Mortgages.

Equity: Injunctions, Express Trusts, Charitable Trusts/Cy Pres Doctrine, Resulting Trusts, Trusteeship, Tracing, Specific Performance, Constructive Trusts, Undue Influence, Estoppel.

Is there anything I can safely leave out or need to add? I feel like I'm going overkill, only for the opposite feeling to kick in roughly five minutes later lol.

Been offered a traineeship for 2022 so I need these three out of the way but per my previous paragraphs, I need to reorganise a little bit.

Thanks in advance for anyone and everyone's input, and best of luck in the exams!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Creg12

Hi everyone, long time lurker and first time poster. Planning to sit Contract, Equity and Trusts and Property this month.

Finding it very difficult to study, between COVID, my health, my mother's health etc. I've been sapped of my motivation and clarity of thought, and find myself in need to reorganise my study schedule.

I have covered/plan to cover these topics:

Contract: Offer and Acceptance, Consideration, Remedies, Consumer Protection, Estoppel, Intention to Create Legal Relations, Contractual Terms, Exemption Clauses, Mistake, Undue Influence/Unconscionability, Illegal Contracts, Discharge.

Property: Sucession, Adverse Possession, Easements and Profits, Co-ownership, Landlord and Tenant, Finding, Family Property, Licences, Mortgages.

Equity: Injunctions, Express Trusts, Charitable Trusts/Cy Pres Doctrine, Resulting Trusts, Trusteeship, Tracing, Specific Performance, Constructive Trusts, Undue Influence, Estoppel.

Is there anything I can safely leave out or need to add? I feel like I'm going overkill, only for the opposite feeling to kick in roughly five minutes later lol.

Been offered a traineeship for 2022 so I need these three out of the way but per my previous paragraphs, I need to reorganise a little bit.

Thanks in advance for anyone and everyone's input, and best of luck in the exams!

in property, u can cut licences and one more between family/mortgages/L&T and in my opinion still be well covered. The chances are high but not certain you will be looking for a 5th Q from Landlord and Tenant, Finding, Family Property, Mortgages. AP & easements are not certain to be on the paper but 90% time they are. even with cutting you'd have 2 topics in them even with 1 cut. ( its all a matter of opinion remember, if you want to be well covered, you can always stick with what you have )

in contract i would know capacity, privity etc one 1a4 /1/2 a4 pg for PQ . there is nothing that can be left out, even if its only knowing it briefly and not in much depth.

Equity - cover urself for note q and you will be sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lcs3

Hey guys I’m struggling with company at the moment. Can someone tell me if I need to cover anything else other than the 10 below?
    1. Formation
    2. Incorp
    3. SLP
    4. Corp authority
    5. Directors duties
    6. Restrictions and disqualification
    7. Shareholder protection
    8. Meetings
    9. Corp borrowing
    10. Liquidation

Any input would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

In regard to right to privacy is the CRH PLC, Irish Cement Limited (search and seizure) Case significant would anybody be able to tell me, know it's recent enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

lcs3 wrote: »
    Hey guys I’m struggling with company at the moment. Can someone tell me if I need to cover anything else other than the 10 below?
    1. Formation
    2. Incorp
    3. SLP
    4. Corp authority
    5. Directors duties
    6. Restrictions and disqualification
    7. Shareholder protection
    8. Meetings
    9. Corp borrowing
    10. Liquidation

Any input would be greatly appreciated

i'm not doing all of what you have listed, but in addition to above i am covering:
    winding up / distribution of assets upon winding up
    examinership and receivers

can i ask do you expect a full question on meetings or are you just covering it for background knowledge?

Guys im really struggling with tort, can anyone suggest the main topics to get a pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ann1994

What topics are people covering for constitutional? Any help/direction appreciated. Its my first time sitting it and feeling overwhelmed with the amount of topics. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Is anyone here almost finished the exams or at least half way though but doesn't have a training contract? I only have 2 exams left and no training contract and am panicking a little

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Byrne11

flepetch wrote: »
    i'm not doing all of what you have listed, but in addition to above i am covering:
    winding up / distribution of assets upon winding up
    examinership and receivers

can i ask do you expect a full question on meetings or are you just covering it for background knowledge?

Hey,

I'm not covering meetings or disqualification (covering restriction) and I'm just preparing a S.212 essay everything else im covering the same as

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gill2020

Apologies if this has been asked already! Does anyone have an updated grid for company ??

• Registered Users Posts: 17 lcs3

Iso_123 wrote: »
    Is anyone here almost finished the exams or at least half way though but doesn't have a training contract? I only have 2 exams left and no training contract and am panicking a little

Exact same position!

Does anyone have a copy of the oct 2020 tort paper please or a list of what came up? <3

• Registered Users Posts: 46 BugsySiegel

Iso_123 wrote: »

Iv 3 left and havent even applied anywhere yet. Its better to do all 8 before applying for a training contract. It can only help an application. It also removes the risk of failing one or more during your training contract and everything that goes with that [explaining to work you failed it and worst case scenario losing the contract].

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

Iv 3 left and havent even applied anywhere yet. Its better to do all 8 before applying for a training contract. It can only help an application. It also removes the risk of failing one or more during your training contract and everything that goes with that [explaining to work you failed it and worst case scenario losing the contract].

This is bad advice. You shouldn't be waiting to complete all 8 subjects before applying for TCs. It does no good. You should start as early as possible so that you have a TC lined up when you finish.

I'm not sure what you mean by it 'helping your application'. Most firms will recruit in advance and only require you to have the exams completed by your start date.

Advertisement