Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JPEGJULY

Does anybody know the process for getting a refund for an exam you have already registered for? I put myself down for Company this sitting before I got my recheck back and don't have to sit it now. I emailed the Law Society at the start of this week but typically I haven't got a response back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

JPEGJULY wrote: »
    Does anybody know the process for getting a refund for an exam you have already registered for? I put myself down for Company this sitting before I got my recheck back and don't have to sit it now. I emailed the Law Society at the start of this week but typically I haven't got a response back yet.

You email them and request a refund for the exam, but they won’t process a refund until the exams have been sat. Also, just a heads up I’m still waiting on a refund since August!!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

Would anyone be willing to share their equity exam from November please? I failed it by 5% so im close but obviously missing important bits of info. have notes sample answers etc to trade in return

• Registered Users Posts: 30 FE1million

Can anyone help with narrowing down EU topics please? Supposedly it’s one of the easiest to cut down but having big trouble deciding what can be safely left out. Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

123456789j wrote: »
    Guys, would anyone be able to explain the situation with legislation. Sitting company, constitution and contract. I don’t really fancy having to spend 100€ on the companies act. Also is the opw even open? Wondering would a person get away with printouts? , especially for the Constitution and sale of goods act seeing as these exams are online. Or is it necessary to show your legislation

i have both contract legislations if you want to DM me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

FE1million wrote: »
    Can anyone help with narrowing down EU topics please? Supposedly it’s one of the easiest to cut down but having big trouble deciding what can be safely left out. Thanks !

This is what I'm covering:

EU institutions; general principles; direct and indirect effect; member state liability; preliminary reference and judicial review; free movement of goods, workers, establishment, and services; EU citizenship.

I have no idea if that's too much or little.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fe1time

123456789j wrote: »
    Guys, would anyone be able to explain the situation with legislation. Sitting company, constitution and contract. I don’t really fancy having to spend 100€ on the companies act. Also is the opw even open? Wondering would a person get away with printouts? , especially for the Constitution and sale of goods act seeing as these exams are online. Or is it necessary to show your legislation
    I think they're open, you just pay later! I ordered legislation for property on Monday and it came today

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

Any tipis on whats due on tort? or what to leave out? <3

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

EU institutions; general principles; direct and indirect effect; member state liability; preliminary reference and judicial review; free movement of goods, workers, establishment, and services; EU citizenship.

EU at this stage has me wanting to bang my head off of my desk multiple times.

Does anyone find some of the FE-1 manuals really aren't great and are riddled with spelling errors, etc.?

Can't wait to be in an interview for a legal job and when they ask me what area of law interests me most, I'm going to inform them that having gone through the FE-1's, I no longer like any areas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 FE1million

Thanks. Yes I agree, not sure if I am doing too much or too little. It is such a pig of a subject I don’t want to have to repeat, but don’t want to waste time by doing too much either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 keelfe1s

Hi,

Can somebody let me know what they’re covering for tort.

Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

EU at this stage has me wanting to bang my head off of my desk multiple times.

Does anyone find some of the FE-1 manuals really aren't great and are riddled with spelling errors, etc.?

Can't wait to be in an interview for a legal job and when they ask me what area of law interests me most, I'm going to inform them that having gone through the FE-1's, I no longer like any areas :D

Not to go down a rabbit hole 3 weeks out from the exams, but could not agree more on the state of the manuals (for City Colleges at least). I've never in my life encountered so many things that are wrong in a written piece of work (especially when you consider that they're largely all pre done and they've only to update them every couple of months). There are the most basic spelling and grammatical errors that a 10 year old would be mortified of.

That's not even to get into the amount of times where their description of the law is flat out incorrect. When I first encountered a misdescription of the law, I felt like I couldn't trust anything after that.

My advice, having studied off of manuals for all 8 subjects, is never take the manuals as gospel. If you can at all, just double check the main thrust of the law, and be very suspicious of their quotes. You'd think I was making it up, but I have often gone to a judgment to check the dicta around a quote and it doesn't even exist. Incompetence in the extreme. Crazy that they get away with it.

That's not to crap all over them of course. They're extremely useful and without them I'd be lost for loads of subjects. Yet, I paid through the nose for them. I would expect far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Constitutional[/B

Do people think it'd be safe to just cover privacy and fair procedures out of the unenumerated rights given that right to earn a living came up in the last sitting or should I be covering a few more?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ullaw22

Hey all! I'm just prepping for Property but I don't have the papers from the 2020 sittings - just wondering could anyone clarify what came up or maybe even have some of them? It'd be hugely, hugely appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ruby1998

Constitutional[/B

Do people think it'd be safe to just cover privacy and fair procedures out of the unenumerated rights given that right to earn a living came up in the last sitting or should I be covering a few more?

I reckon keep right to earn a living, handy one to throw in with property rights in problem question!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭LeagleEagle747

Would it be a good idea to cover competition law too? Trying not to drown, I regret choosing to do EU, Constitutional and Company together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Diamond_Hands

Would it be a good idea to cover competition law too? Trying not to drown, I regret choosing to do EU, Constitutional and Company together.

Competition law is a mess. I'm skipping it entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

Is anybody else struggling with tort? I'm finding it difficult to pick topics to focus on based on what came up last sitting and in March.

If anyone has advice on what is best to concentrate on I would really appreciate the input!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

It is a mess but it’s also a banker to come up. When I passed EU I’m august, I covered one question and it came up. It tend to comes up in one or two ways. Have a look back on how they came up the last 3/4 sittings and make an educated guess. I think it could be worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

If you cover enough other topics you can leave it out - I sat in November and I left it out and passed comfortably !

• Advertisement

Anyone ordered from book depository recently? What are their lead times on delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lawlz

Hi guys has anyone who’s still waiting on results heard anything from the LS?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kayleee123

Would anyone have the contract paper from Nov 2020 please?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

Anyone ordered from book depository recently? What are their lead times on delivery?

i ordered something once and remember it took longer than usual to deliver, maybe three weeks at least

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

I'm doing Direct effect and Member State Liability, Institutions, General Principles, Judicial Review, Goods, Free Movement of Workers & Citizenship, anti discriination/equality. If I have a bit of time i'll throw in establishment/services but not sure if i'll have the time.

I know equality is a bit of a wild card and doesn't come up much but I did see it mixed with a citizenship q in one paper so threw it in just to have in the back pocket. I have not even glanced at competition and don't plan on it. I'm praying I'm covered with these!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

What are people focusing on for company?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Any opinions on topics to leave out of constitutional? Won’t have time to do every chapter

What are people focusing on for company?

I’m trying to figure out what to cover along with the usual directors stuff. Surely floating charge/crystallisation is due a run. And I’m hoping ultra vires is too! Shareholder oppression too I think! Other than them, I don’t know. I’ve only started revising company now!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bigchungus

My FE1 grinds lecturer has told me not to worry about sentencing/fines for offences in criminal as it's not on the syllabus but I feel as though I should be sticking them in anyway? Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

bigchungus wrote: »
    My FE1 grinds lecturer has told me not to worry about sentencing/fines for offences in criminal as it's not on the syllabus but I feel as though I should be sticking them in anyway? Any thoughts?

I wouldn't worry about them, I threw them in on ones where I was definite I remembered them as I thought it was an easy thing to throw into a conclusion but I wouldn't be worried about trying to remember them off, criminal syllabus is long enough without adding more things to it!

Advertisement