Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

I saw people say the Constitutional examiner likes to focus on recent cases in the exam. Would these cases be covered in the manuals? I have the 19/20 City College manual, are they in this or are there specific ones I need to go look for?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

Lawlz wrote: »
    Interesting suggestion! Thanks.

Our biggest problem is that it seems to be flying under the radar because not everyone has been affected so they are getting away with it. Also the fact that the exams are so close, we don’t have time to appeal/ try to rectify it before the next sitting.

***For everyone on here that may see this and choose to ignore it because they weren’t affected in the last sitting:
    The same software is being used in March. That software is flawed and resulted in our scripts not being saved properly which resulted in fails, delays and no changes to grades were made despite this. ***

Worrying but don't think there is anything March candidates can do about it. If you want to sit FE1s in March you have to do so through this route.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fe179user

keelfe1s wrote: »
    Hi,

Can somebody let me know what they’re covering for tort.

Thanks a mil

See a lot of people asking this. So far I’m def doing defamation, negligence (doc causation etc), professional negligence - I have to add obviously a few more but they’re my definites for now

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Can anyone advise on what Q.6 of Nov 2020 Company paper was looking for?

"S.602 of the CA 2014 is a statutory example of the parri passu principle which requires all creditors of an insolvent company to be placed on an equal footing and not "leap frog" the statutory queue ordained by the CA 2014"

I presume Corporate borrowing but what part specifically does anyone know?

This was post-commencement dispositions! Re grays inn / hollicourt line of case law

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

FE1Pleb wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Does anyone know if Graham Dwyer v Commissioner for an Gardas has come up as a case note question lately? Supreme Court judgement was handed down early last year

Not lately. Was it not referred to Europe in relation to data retention?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Worrying but don't think there is anything March candidates can do about it. If you want to sit FE1s in March you have to do so through this route.

Unfortunately I agree, don’t see what we can do at all that would help change anything seems they’re set in their ways

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Fe1taker2020

Is there any recent cases for constitutional law that I should concentrate on?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

Is it safe to leave out constructive trusts in equity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

Interesting suggestion! Thanks.

Our biggest problem is that it seems to be flying under the radar because not everyone has been affected so they are getting away with it. Also the fact that the exams are so close, we don’t have time to appeal/ try to rectify it before the next sitting.

***For everyone on here that may see this and choose to ignore it because they weren’t affected in the last sitting:
    The same software is being used in March. That software is flawed and resulted in our scripts not being saved properly which resulted in fails, delays and no changes to grades were made despite this. ***

whether it affects the next sitting or not, just wanted to say happy to support you in whatever way - don't care about it's personal impact (hasn't affected me), but this is unbelievable. i'd also considered the irish times idea, and think it's well worth doing something serious about all this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

also, i'd try to get your rechecked paper back to see if the new marks are actually on the complete script or if they've just given up on finding the missing bits and just pretended the grades stayed the same...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 lawgrad_

Company Law

Does anyone have company sample answers? Can swap for other materials. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

lawgrad_ wrote: »
    Company Law

Does anyone have company sample answers? Can swap for other materials. Thank you!

PM your email and I’ll send them onto you!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

Al1501 wrote: »
    For Constitutional, thinking of leaving out trial in due course, the preamble, emergency and war, international law and ECHR, right to silence, right to jury trial, abortion, inviolability of the dwelling, freedom of assembly and association Article 45 and the case note. Is there anything else I can cut or is there something I should definitely include? Feeling very lost in this subject.

Not that I have any special knowledge or anything but there’s a few on that list I wouldn’t be leaving out. In particular, trial in due course of law (its due a run of some sort). Right to silence/jury come within that then too. Freedom of assembly and association might be useful ones just to know in that they’re very short (and maybe topical, although everything in constitutional seems topical). I’m personally leaving out liberty and life etc and that stuff on sovereignty etc.

It does seem that you need to know almost the entire course with constitutional unfortunately, but it seems much more vague in terms of content to me than, say, tort so maybe that’s a consolation. My approach is basically to try know the outline of most topics but prepare 6-9 topics very well based on my own predictions. Nightmare of a subject unfortunately though.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

bluerthanu wrote: »
    Not that I have any special knowledge or anything but there’s a few on that list I wouldn’t be leaving out. In particular, trial in due course of law (its due a run of some sort). Right to silence/jury come within that then too. Freedom of assembly and association might be useful ones just to know in that they’re very short (and maybe topical, although everything in constitutional seems topical). I’m personally leaving out liberty and life etc and that stuff on sovereignty etc.

It does seem that you need to know almost the entire course with constitutional unfortunately, but it seems much more vague in terms of content to me than, say, tort so maybe that’s a consolation. My approach is basically to try know the outline of most topics but prepare 6-9 topics very well based on my own predictions. Nightmare of a subject unfortunately though.

Thanks for your advice. Just in relation to Freedom of assembly and association it seems quite light on case law ( from my notes) would you have any you could recommend? Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

phildub wrote: »
    Is it safe to leave out constructive trusts in equity?

I wrote out notes for these early on but I've decided to leave them out. Doesn't seem to be as popular as other topics

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MylesH

Equity

Does anyone know if it's worth studying Mareva on the basis of it not coming up as an essay question?

Has never come up as a problem question before as far as I can see?

Generally trying to stay from the injunction topics (exc. Quia Timet) as they tend to come up as essays and trying to cut down on material at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

March 2020 Company...

Can anyone tell me what came up? Or even better, have the paper?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

Is there anyone here that has failed an exam numerous times? Ive been doing these exams since march 19 and im sick to death of them.. and its kind of hitting me now that I dont have a training contract, and will it look bad the length of time ive been at them to perspective employers? Like how do i get around that

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

March 2020 Company...

Can anyone tell me what came up? Or even better, have the paper?

Thanks!

here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CMUL

As if these exams arent stressful enough. Did it just happen with one exam for you and was it the same exam subject for everyone? Would you have a good internet connection normally? You should be refunded for the exam at least.

I got the same. My result didn’t change.

Just so people know what they’re dealing with:

Exams some of us took in November weren’t saved correctly meaning our original grades were wrong. This was due to software errors, not candidates own errors.

We were contacted by the LS only two weeks ago when recheck results were due to tell us this and were told our exams would be corrected again.

We only got results YESTERDAY- less than 3 weeks (closer to 2 weeks for those sitting the first exam) until the next set of exams with NO apology or even decent explanation from the LS and grades stayed the same regardless of the massive delay, disadvantage and the fact that sections were missing.

There is not point in appealing and it is basically a tough sh*t situation.

That leaves a few of us at a massive disadvantage with under 3 weeks to try to prepare and sit the next exams. This delay was no fault of our own and is 100% on the LS side.

The same flawed software will be used in March with no prior warning given to candidates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 bigchungus

Would anyone have the 2020 criminal examiner's reports? Can't find anywhere online

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

bigchungus wrote: »
    Would anyone have the 2020 criminal examiner's reports? Can't find anywhere online

You can buy the March 2020 on the law society website. It's one document for all papers. The November 2020 examiner report is not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

Thanks for your advice. Just in relation to Freedom of assembly and association it seems quite light on case law ( from my notes) would you have any you could recommend? Thanks !

PM me your email and I’ll send you on what notes I have for it (but you are right, it’s quite sparse).

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Does anyone have any up to date equity exam papers/sample answers that they would be willing to send me/swap for other materials?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jcarroll9

awsah wrote: »
    Does anyone have any up to date equity exam papers/sample answers that they would be willing to send me/swap for other materials?

pm me your email I can give you the last 3 papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fe1person

Hello! If anyone has any 'Guide to Exam Questions' workshop documents for Criminal or Company, I'd love if you got in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

For those sitting Constitutional:

Check out the 2020 Supreme Court decision Kilty v. Judge Dunne. Its relevant to the Courts and and the Judiciary (judicial independence - immunity from suit) - The Applicant was permitted to recover costs against the District Court judge in his capacity qua litigant (as opposed to qua judge, where it was refused in McIlwraith v. Fawsitt)

Good luck everybody ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

Has anyone seen the NBN yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Is anyone leaving out locus standi for constitutional and just focusing on methods of interpretation or am I foolish to do so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

Does anyone know if the city colleges night before notes are out yet? I'm doing a course with them and i'm still none the wiser because theyre not appearing on my page !!

Advertisement