Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

Explain by reference to relevant caselaw of the CJEU, the concepts of “agreement”, “decision” and “concerted practice” in Article 101 TFEU. In addition, explain separately, by reference to relevant case law, a how dominant position can be held by “one or more undertakings” under Art 102 TFEU.

In this question, can I discuss all aspects of Art 101 including Art 101(3) or should I just strictly focus on the definitions of agreemet, concerted practice and decisions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

What topics is everyone doing for company?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Is there a list of the new Constitutional cases we should be familiar with?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Is there a list of the new Constitutional cases we should be familiar with?

The old fashioned way would be to just go to the judgments section of courts.ie and restrict the search to SC and Jan 2020 - Jan 2021. There are 87 results but only half of them are actually worth even considering (even less are purely constitutional).

I've done it here for ease of reference (if it works): https://www.courts.ie/search/judgments/%22%20type%3AJudgment%22%20AND%20%22filter%3Aalfresco_radio.title%22%20AND%20%22filter%3Aalfresco_Court.Supreme%20Court%22%20AND%20%22filter%3Aalfresco_fromdate.01%20Jan%202020%22%20AND%20%22filter%3Aalfresco_todate.03%20Jan%202021%22.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

bluerthanu wrote: »
    The old fashioned way would be to just go to the judgments section of courts.ie and restrict the search to SC and Jan 2020 - Jan 2021. There are 87 results but only half of them are actually worth even considering (even less are purely constitutional).

I've done it here for ease of reference (if it works): https://www.courts.ie/search/judgments/%22%20type%3AJudgment%22%20AND%20%22filter%3Aalfresco_radio.title%22%20AND%20%22filter%3Aalfresco_Court.Supreme%20Court%22%20AND%20%22filter%3Aalfresco_fromdate.01%20Jan%202020%22%20AND%20%22filter%3Aalfresco_todate.03%20Jan%202021%22.

Thanks, don't even know where to start with them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

Explain by reference to relevant caselaw of the CJEU, the concepts of “agreement”, “decision” and “concerted practice” in Article 101 TFEU. In addition, explain separately, by reference to relevant case law, a how dominant position can be held by “one or more undertakings” under Art 102 TFEU.

In this question, can I discuss all aspects of Art 101 including Art 101(3) or should I just strictly focus on the definitions of agreemet, concerted practice and decisions?

Hey, I did EU a couple of sittings ago so cant remember it all but that's a recurring question and I think your just expected to discuss what agreements, concerted practices and decisions are. If you have the Griffith college sample answers youl see they basically just provide definitions and a small amount of detail.
    Dont get too bogged down in detail for that subject. Parts of it seem complicated but once you answer 5 questions with material/cases on topic you will pass. Iv heard of people passing with 3 decent answers, one bad one and one nothing answer [ie totally off topic].

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Is anyone leaving out locus standi for constitutional and just focusing on methods of interpretation or am I foolish to do so?

I plan on doing this too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Law101

phildub wrote: »
    Is it safe to leave out constructive trusts in equity?

Is it the same examiner as last year? If so he’s new - god knows?! I just wrote out an essay on knowing assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

Law101 wrote: »
    Is it the same examiner as last year? If so he’s new - god knows?! I just wrote out an essay on knowing assistance.

Nuala Egan? I don't keep up with the examiners!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Nuala Egan? I don't keep up with the examiners!

It was Noel McGrath in November from what I remember but no idea if he’s doing it this sitting

• Advertisement

It was Noel McGrath in November from what I remember but no idea if he’s doing it this sitting

It says nuala on the law society Web page but maybe they didn't update it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Yeah don’t think it has been was no mention of a different examiner for November until the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fe179user

fe1fi20 wrote: »
    I plan on doing this too :(

Me too - it came up last sitting so unlikely again? Has it ever came up in two consecutive sittings before?

Yeah don’t think it has been was no mention of a different examiner for November until the paper

I've sent an email,might get a response before the results come out! I'm hoping for nuala as the papers are somewhat predictable, considering the last sitting had no injunctions it would be harder to pick topics!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

updates?! ... Law Society..?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

EmmaO94 wrote: »
    My tutor reckons Right to Silence is due a run (and it's v short) so I'd keep it in!
    bluerthanu wrote: »
    Not that I have any special knowledge or anything but there’s a few on that list I wouldn’t be leaving out. In particular, trial in due course of law (its due a run of some sort). Right to silence/jury come within that then too. Freedom of assembly and association might be useful ones just to know in that they’re very short (and maybe topical, although everything in constitutional seems topical). I’m personally leaving out liberty and life etc and that stuff on sovereignty etc.

It does seem that you need to know almost the entire course with constitutional unfortunately, but it seems much more vague in terms of content to me than, say, tort so maybe that’s a consolation. My approach is basically to try know the outline of most topics but prepare 6-9 topics very well based on my own predictions. Nightmare of a subject unfortunately though.

Thanks very much for this! Constitutional is so different from the rest of the FE1 exams that it's hard to know how to approach it. My usual approach is to learn cases in relevant groups, so it's difficult adapting to the broad approach needed for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EM95

Would anyone mind sharing the property manual with me would really appreciate it ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Hi guys I'm very short on time to study as I am working with no study leave is the following enough for:

Contract
    Offer and Acceptance
    Consideration
    Mistake
    Misrepresentation
    Undue influence
    Capacity
    Duress
    Remedies
    Privity
    Discharge of a contract

Company
    SLP
    Directors Duties
    Corporate Borrowing
    Restriction of Directors
    Share Transfers
    Shareholder protection (Foss Harbottle)
    Receivership
    Winding up
    Disposition of Corporate Assets

Is there anything I should add or leave out here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nov2020fe1

Would anyone have the March 2020 property examiner report?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

FE1new wrote: »
    Hi guys I'm very short on time to study as I am working with no study leave is the following enough for:

Contract
    Offer and Acceptance
    Consideration
    Mistake
    Misrepresentation
    Undue influence
    Capacity
    Duress
    Remedies
    Privity
    Discharge of a contract

Company
    SLP
    Directors Duties
    Corporate Borrowing
    Restriction of Directors
    Share Transfers
    Shareholder protection (Foss Harbottle)
    Receivership
    Winding up
    Disposition of Corporate Assets

Is there anything I should add or leave out here?

i haven't sat Company yet but i think you could afford to leave out Duress and Privity if the others are well covered. sometimes consideration is throughout more than one q... my word is not golden though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Fe179user wrote: »
    Me too - it came up last sitting so unlikely again? Has it ever came up in two consecutive sittings before?

No my grid says last time it was up before November 2020 was 2014 so surely it’s safe enough to leave out?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

what are people studying in particular for trial in due course and Separation of powers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

does forgery ever come up on criminal or can i leave it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

I would be hugely grateful if anyone could share an up to date Tort grid with me??

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Does anyone have a sample answer for the essay on the changes brought about by the Companies Act 2014?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

fe12021 wrote: »
    does forgery ever come up on criminal or can i leave it out?

Last November there was part of a problem question where someone hacked in to change Leaving cert results, before that a pq where someone forged documents to embezzle from their employer. As its mostly a bit in a pq I would advise having a couple of cases and know the section in the NFOAPA, but don't panic over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

EmmaO94 wrote: »
    I would be hugely grateful if anyone could share an up to date Tort grid with me??

i was sent this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 biglawhead420

Anyone have a criminal exam grid??

Please help a fellow stressed individual out haha

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

Would anyone have up to date sample answers and/or exam papers past October 2018 for Company and Equity. I have lots of material for 8 subjects I can swap including notes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

Anyone have a criminal exam grid??

Please help a fellow stressed individual out haha

This is what I have :)

Advertisement