Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Does anyone have a sample essay for the president and AG? Would be so grateful

• Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

Does anyone know if Declaration of Unconstitutionality and Family and Education appeared on the last paper. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fe1person

DUMSURFER wrote: »
    Does anyone have the March 2017 Consitutional Law exam paper/report?

Also, any constitutional sample answers would go down a treat as well. I have some but they're scattered throughout the years and the newest sample answer is from March 2018 ��

Any help is greatly appreciated and will be reciprocated! ��

Hey!

Below a google drive file with open access to anyone with the link.
    It includes grids, exam papers, examiner reports, night before notes and sample answers for all subjects. Please feel free to download them all and also to add to it if you wish (if the settings don't allow you to - let me know).

Snip: Link to copyrighted material removed. Please do not post or link to such material

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fe1person

Does anyone have one of those 'Guide to Exam Questions' documents with bullet points on answering common questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 FE1million

In the Independent College manual under Rylands, the into says "However, there exist a number of exceptions to this general rule, where liability will be imposed on the plaintiff irrespective of fault."

Should this not be defendant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

fe1person wrote: »
    Does anyone have one of those 'Guide to Exam Questions' documents with bullet points on answering common questions?

They sound handy. Where are they from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Does anyone know if Declaration of Unconstitutionality and Family and Education appeared on the last paper. Thanks

Family/education def didnt (think there was a case note) not sure about the other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

sorry if already answered - what are people doing/leaving out for tort? thanks

anyone have tort sample answers for 2018 onwards? willing to trade for whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Legalapples

Sorry if this has been posted already but I just need some reassurance, for equity is it okay if I just learn the following:

Charitable trusts/ Cypres / non charitable purpose trusts
    Injunctions - manly focus on mareva and interlocutory and then quia timet
    Specific performance and Rectification
    Trusteeship
    Tracing
    Proprietary estoppel
    Undue influence
    Satisfaction
    Strong v Bird

• Advertisement

Sorry if this has been posted already but I just need some reassurance, for equity is it okay if I just learn the following:

Trusteeship
    Tracing
    Proprietary estoppel
    Undue influence
    Satisfaction
    Strong v Bird

maybe add another trust - charitable came up in the last sitting and your list is fairly focused on remedies as it is. just to be safe. strong v bird also came up as a note question, as did rectification, and undue influence as a problem q. i don't know if both trusteeship and tracing will ever appear on the same paper (i may be wrong), so just another reason to add e.g. secret trusts or sthg. fairly easy topic too. but just my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

Trusteeship
    Tracing
    Proprietary estoppel
    Undue influence
    Satisfaction
    Strong v Bird

Im doing all these but leaving out estoppel and undue influence and doing resulting trusts, express trusts and secret trusts instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Legalapples

fe12021 wrote: »
    maybe add another trust - charitable came up in the last sitting and your list is fairly focused on remedies as it is. just to be safe. strong v bird also came up as a note question, as did rectification, and undue influence as a problem q. i don't know if both trusteeship and tracing will ever appear on the same paper (i may be wrong), so just another reason to add e.g. secret trusts or sthg. fairly easy topic too. but just my opinion!

Thank you much for this ! Sorry my brain is not functioning today can I ask what topic you’re referring to when you say sthg?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

fe12021 wrote: »
    sorry if already answered - what are people doing/leaving out for tort? thanks

So far my list is employers liability and public authorities liability are ones that I think are due to come up from my look at the exam grid.. and misc torts too.. what do you think

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

FE1million wrote: »
    In the Independent College manual under Rylands, the into says "However, there exist a number of exceptions to this general rule, where liability will be imposed on the plaintiff irrespective of fault."

Should this not be defendant?

I would say so, if the plaintiff is at fault the rule in rylands does not apply

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lawstudent123

Would someone please be able to help me and advise what topics I can cut out for tort, realising I definitely won't have enough time to cover everything

I have notes written up for:
    Trespass to Land,
    Nuisance
    Trespass to the Person
    Negligence ; DOC, Causation, ect
    Types of Damages; economic loss, nervous shock,
    Defamation
    Vicarious Liability
    Employer's Liability
    Liability for defective products
    Passing Off
    Damages

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

For people who didn't sit the exams in Nov, when you log in to do the practice test check to see if you have spell check, I believe they disable some of them but there is a Chrome extension that works, I know some people last year didn't have spell check and it will just take up so much of your time, or you will loose marks for so many errors!

anyway someone put this on here the last time and I would have been lost without it so I said I would report it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 FE1million

phildub wrote: »
    I would say so, if the plaintiff is at fault the rule in rylands does not apply

Thank you!

What are people studying for company

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭KMPT

Hi all. I am panicking major here. All my exams are in the final week. I feel I am nowhere near ready. I am not new to law, but that was a long time ago, however I am definitely not ready. Like would fail if exams were today not ready. With just a little over two weeks before my exams, do you think I need a miracle to pass? Or is it possible to know enough to pass by then? My biggest problem is remembering my case names. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

KMPT wrote: »
    Hi all. I am panicking major here. All my exams are in the final week. I feel I am nowhere near ready. I am not new to law, but that was a long time ago, however I am definitely not ready. Like would fail if exams were today not ready. With just a little over two weeks before my exams, do you think I need a miracle to pass? Or is it possible to know enough to pass by then? My biggest problem is remembering my case names. Thanks in advance.

What subjects are you doing? I definitely wouldn’t panic to be honest 2 weeks is a good bit of time (depending on the subject) I passed property exam after 5 days of study (I had my notes done out already)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

I think most people would fail their exams 2 weeks out...I would anyway. Last 2 weeks is when I cram all my notes into my head. You'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭KMPT

Fe123 wrote: »
    What subjects are you doing? I definitely wouldn’t panic to be honest 2 weeks is a good bit of time (depending on the subject) I passed property exam after 5 days of study (I had my notes done out already)

Thanks for your reply.
    It's all 4 in the last week.

Contract, Property, EU and Tort.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Can anyone help me with s238 and 239 in directors Duties in Company. I have been staring at it all day and I am totally lost. Would anyone be able to send me their notes I would be so appreciative.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bigchungus

Anyone leaving out public order offences for criminal? I know everything needs to be covered but I'm running out of space in my brain

Thanks for your reply.
    It's all 4 in the last week.

Contract, Property, EU and Tort.

It personally took me absolutely ages to study tort & had many breakdowns because it’s so unpredictable. But contract & (especially) property are fairly predictable. Pick a few topics for each, learn them & hope for the best. Even if you focused on 2 or 3 instead of all 4

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bigchungus

You'll be OK, I think it's very normal to feel like you'll fail two weeks out from the exam. I found some of the chapters in this book good for ways to memorise cases and the like: http://www.rtwexperiences.com/uploads/8/9/2/9/8929806/___how_to_pass_exams.pdf
    Definitely all about making them personal and relatable so they stand out in your memory

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

I waa the exact same even the night before the exam I couldn't sit down and do a question without checking my books and man that case law is hard. But when I sat down to do the actual exam it all just was there,in my head! Just cram cram cram you will do fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

FE1Rookies wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with s238 and 239 in directors Duties in Company. I have been staring at it all day and I am totally lost. Would anyone be able to send me their notes I would be so appreciative.

Hey, I can send on notes if you want to PM me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

If one of my exams were put in front of me right now I would most certainly fail. I'd probably only be able to answer a couple of questions on the paper! But I feel like this is normal 2 weeks out - most people only get their notes done 2/3 weeks before and just rote learn for those last few weeks. So even though I may understand my notes for the subjects I'm doing I certainly do not know them off yet lol

I'm trying to keep telling myself to trust the process and it will all come together before the exams once we get the notes actually learned off

Advertisement