Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

bigchungus wrote: »
    Anyone leaving out public order offences for criminal? I know everything needs to be covered but I'm running out of space in my brain

I’m running of time and space. I’ll probably end up leaving out bigger topics that came up last time such as provocation as an essay question. I’m hoping to attempt those multiple choice questions so a public order issue may arise. Is there anything else you’re thinking of leaving out?

KMPT wrote: »
    Hi all. I am panicking major here. All my exams are in the final week. I feel I am nowhere near ready. I am not new to law, but that was a long time ago, however I am definitely not ready. Like would fail if exams were today not ready. With just a little over two weeks before my exams, do you think I need a miracle to pass? Or is it possible to know enough to pass by then? My biggest problem is remembering my case names. Thanks in advance.

I feel the exact same. I don’t have a whole lot of study time. Trying to learn my notes and look at exam papers. Can’t imagine doing this even in a week! Good luck. I’m sure you’ll be fine. I’m hoping that it is going in and I’ll manage a pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭phildub

FE1Rookies wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with s238 and 239 in directors Duties in Company. I have been staring at it all day and I am totally lost. Would anyone be able to send me their notes I would be so appreciative.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bigchungus

APower79 wrote: »
    I’m running of time and space. I’ll probably end up leaving out bigger topics that came up last time such as provocation as an essay question. I’m hoping to attempt those multiple choice questions so a public order issue may arise. Is there anything else you’re thinking of leaving out?
    OK that's already making me rethink leaving it out, haha...I haven't looked at the grids too much as I've learned off everything bar public order, offences against the state and defences. Obviously defences are hugely important but not sure I'll cover OAS. What else you leaving out?

bigchungus wrote: »
    OK that's already making me rethink leaving it out, haha...I haven't looked at the grids too much as I've learned off everything bar public order, offences against the state and defences. Obviously defences are hugely important but not sure I'll cover OAS. What else you leaving out?

You sound like you’re covered, well done. I can’t even tell you what else I’m leaving out because I haven’t covered enough yet. Probably court jurisdiction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 fe1person

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

Are people leaving out winding up for company?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

What are intentional torts?? like what would you talk about for that q? I dont have that chapter in my manual

• Registered Users Posts: 32 2020FE1

For constitution are people covering Liberty? It doesn’t appear much and was up last time. However he seems to ask some topics two paper in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭123456789j

Guys has anyone got any predictions/bankers for constitutional? Also would appreciate any tips for the exam and how the exam is generally marked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 johnnash2020

KMPT wrote: »
    Hi all. I am panicking major here. All my exams are in the final week. I feel I am nowhere near ready. I am not new to law, but that was a long time ago, however I am definitely not ready. Like would fail if exams were today not ready. With just a little over two weeks before my exams, do you think I need a miracle to pass? Or is it possible to know enough to pass by then? My biggest problem is remembering my case names. Thanks in advance.

I would have failed each of my 8 had I had to sit them the day before. The critical learning off to get over the line is done in the literal evening and morning hours before.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

2020FE1 wrote: »
    For constitution are people covering Liberty? It doesn’t appear much and was up last time. However he seems to ask some topics two paper in a row.

I’m not!

jjjjjop wrote: »
    What are intentional torts?? like what would you talk about for that q? I dont have that chapter in my manual

Trespass to land/person, is chattles a third one? But the chapter on trespass anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 smiley1989

I am getting so stressed out about constitutional law! For those of you who have at least attempted it did you find it was marked harsher in comparison to other fe1 exams?

Any insight would be really appreciated as I am finding it harder to remain calm!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

smiley1989 wrote: »
    I am getting so stressed out about constitutional law! For those of you who have at least attempted it did you find it was marked harsher in comparison to other fe1 exams?

Any insight would be really appreciated as I am finding it harder to remain calm!

I think he’s a far marker tbh - I unfortunately failed it last March but only answer 3 and a half questions and got 40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

Are people leaving out winding up for company?

I’m studying it

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fe1student2803

Does Lease or Licence come up much in Property? My exam grid says it has never come up but I feel this is a mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

Would anyone have any decent notes on when and how damages will be paid for Findings of Unconstitutionality? Or can explain that to me?

Essay wise it seems fine as talking about NVH and the new trend for declarations of invalidity is pretty straightforward... but some of the problem Q's on this seem tough (March 2020) as he's asking you to advise people on Damages and it doesn't even say they were involved in the case in the first place. Are you more or less advising they won't be fit to claim any damages from the state as they never issued proceedings to challenge legislation in the past?

Any help be greatly appreciated as my manual is very light on that part! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tommyq94

Is anyone else unable to see their upcoming exams in the Calendar on BetterExaminations?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Al1501

tommyq94 wrote: »
    Is anyone else unable to see their upcoming exams in the Calendar on BetterExaminations?

Yes, but they didn't go up until a couple of days before in November, so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

anyone have any sample answers from march 2020? im having trouble identifying some of the topics in the problems which is very worrying, i can swap a lawschool workshop for this sitting?

Guys would anyone have an up to date exam grid for constitutional? I’m just missing out on 2020!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

123456789j wrote: »
    Guys would anyone have an up to date exam grid for constitutional? I’m just missing out on 2020!

Not sure if that works but this is the grid I am using

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Not sure if that works but this is the grid I am using

Thanks. Anyone know if constitutional interpretation came up in November? Judging by this, an essay is surely due up!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

123456789j wrote: »
    Thanks. Anyone know if constitutional interpretation came up in November? Judging by this, an essay is surely due up!

No it didn’t (last up October 18) nor did AG (last up March 17) / President (last up March 18) and I remember most people expecting either to be due in November.

My own totally uninformed and speculative prediction would be that if a question on any of the above were to appear (assuming it’s just one) it would be the role of the AG. It’s incredibly topical even since the last sitting with the fiasco surrounding Seamus Woulfe, albeit in his capacity as a judge not AG (but his role as AG in his own appointment kinda flows into a lot of the controversy and him attending the dinner I guess). There’s not a whole lot of law, seems like a handy one if you’ve any interest in current affairs and are able to cite some cases with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

fe1person wrote: »

Has anyone got the Constitutional Law Update lecture from before the last sitting? My major concern for Constitutional is that he asks questions with specific references to recent cases that I won't have covered like he did in the November sitting. I'm not really sure what to do with regards looking for all the recent relevant constitutional case law. If anyone had any advice for that it would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lawkp

did anybody else notice that in the mock exam it says the exam duration is 4 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

Constitutional Case Note Question

I usually avoid case note questions like the plague but I'm now leaning towards doing that question for Constitutional. What advice do people have and what cases are they covering?

This is the list of case notes I have so far:
    - O'Byrne v Minister for Finance (1959)
    - Crotty v An Taoiseach (1987)
    - AG v Hamilton (1993)
    - Heaney v Ireland (1994)
    - Re Article 26 & the Regulation of Information (Services out of the State for Termination of Pregnancies) Bill 1995 (1995)
    - T.D. v Minister for Education (2001)
    - Curtin v Dail Eireann (2006)
    - DPP v JC (2015)
    - Jordan v Minister for Children & Youth Affairs (2015)
    - Barlow v Minister for Agriculture (2016)
    - Sweeney v Ireland (2017)
    - DPP v Doyle (2017)
    - O’Sullivan v The Sea Fisheries Protection Authority (2017)
    - Gilchrist & Rogers v Sunday Newspapers Ltd (2017)
    - Connelly v An Bord Pleanala (2018)
    - AM v HSE (2019)
    - Ellis v Minister for Justice (2019)
    - AC v Cork University Hospital (2019)
    - Kerins v McGuinness (2019)
    - Zalewski v WRC (2020)
    - In the Matter of JJ (2021)

If anyone can point me towards any glaring omissions or any recent cases I really need to look at it would be appreciated. Also, I'm happy to share any notes with people in exchange for case notes that I'm missing. In particular, but not limited to, any of following case notes:

- PP v Judges of the Dublin Circuit Court [2019] IESC 26
    - Persona Digital Telephony Limited v Minister for Public Enterprise [2017] IESC 27
    - NVH v Minister for Justice & Equality [2017] IESC 35, 82
    - PC v Minister for Social Protection [2018] IESC 57
    - AB v Clinical Director of St Loman’s Hospital [2018] IECA 123
    - Shatter v Guerin [2019] IESC 9
    - Friends of the Irish Environment Ltd v An Bord Pleanala (2020) IESC 14
    - B v Director of Oberstown Detention Centre [2020] IESC 18
    - O v Minister for Social Protection [2019] IESC 82
    - Sweeny v Ireland [2019] IESC 39
    - Forsey v DPP [2018] IESC 55

I have notes on a lot of these but not with the precision and focus needed for a case note. So any good notes/case notes on these cases would be ideal

Lawkp wrote: »
    did anybody else notice that in the mock exam it says the exam duration is 4 hours?

For the november ones (well after the first one) the time was 9.30 to 1.30 but they gave you that grace of half an hour, so you could log in by 10 and get 3.5 hours. If you logged in at 9.30 you were kicked out at 1pm. You could technically log in at 11 and you would have until 1.30

Basically for novembrt you got 3.5 hours with an additional half an hour in case of issues logging in etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

What are people covering for company

Advertisement