Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

Is passing off due to come up in tort?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

jjjjjop wrote: »
    Is passing off due to come up in tort?

Came up in august but not in November so could be worth covering. It’s pretty straight forward though!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rebecca1177

Does anyone have predictions for Criminal and EU?

Also what are people not covering for them?

Any help would be so very appreciated!!

What are people covering for company

Directors duties and restrictions for certain!
    I think ultra vires will come up so doing that. Examinership is due a run so I’ll cover that along with liquidation I’d say. Something like Q3 March 2019 on “dividends can only be declared from distributable profits”. I’ll be adding to this list though!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

I think ultra vires will come up so doing that. Examinership is due a run so I’ll cover that along with liquidation I’d say. Something like Q3 March 2019 on “dividends can only be declared from distributable profits”. I’ll be adding to this list though!

Thank you ! I was also thinking SLP and Corporate borrowing seeing as they didn't appear on the last paper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Anyone leaving out public authority liability in tort ?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

Does anyone have predictions for Criminal and EU?

Also what are people not covering for them?

Any help would be so very appreciated!!

I’d love to know some criminal predictions!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

lawgrad49 wrote: »
    Would anyone have any decent notes on when and how damages will be paid for Findings of Unconstitutionality? Or can explain that to me?

Essay wise it seems fine as talking about NVH and the new trend for declarations of invalidity is pretty straightforward... but some of the problem Q's on this seem tough (March 2020) as he's asking you to advise people on Damages and it doesn't even say they were involved in the case in the first place. Are you more or less advising they won't be fit to claim any damages from the state as they never issued proceedings to challenge legislation in the past?

Any help be greatly appreciated as my manual is very light on that part! Cheers.

I think the question is how do the courts deal with legislation that is unconstitutional. They make a declaration stating same and can defer that order to allow the legislative to come up with a suitable remedy. So first order remedy is declaratory relief and as per the Digital persona case the courts can use their discretion to issue a mandatory order if a suitable remedy is not put forward by the legislative. From memory , this question really requires how the courts approach the issue ... that’s my understanding of it anyway !

Thank you ! I was also thinking SLP and Corporate borrowing seeing as they didn't appear on the last paper

Definitely now that you say that! Completely forgot them! They’ve been mentioned here before!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keelfe1s

Hey,

Negative nelly here but if equity doesn’t go my way this sitting I’m thinking of doing a prep course. Can anyone recommend a prep course?

Also one for contract?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 ellachapman96

Which of the injunctions are people thinking of covering for equity?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Paraeagle

Interlocutory, interim, perpetual, quia timet and mareva. Everything bar Anton Pillar basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

I'm doing all of the injunctions on my grid - Interlocutory, Mandatory Interlocutory, Mareva, Quia Timet and enough just for a note question on Anton Piller orders. Im conscious that they didn't come up last sitting so decided to focus on them

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

Anyone leaving out public authority liability in tort ?

yeah i'm leaving it out

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

Not that I know what’s inside Tom Courtney’s brain but ultra vires was up in March and corporate authority was up in November. Both are essentially part of the same topic and off my grid have only appeared three times in a row pre 2014 Act, presumably because it was much more important in company law then (just my rationale for not covering fwiw).

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Murphs122

Looking for Sample Answers for Equity and Constitutional from 2019/2020, if any one would have them?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 20 stonewash

Hi guys,

Was just wondering can employers tell how many attempts it took to pass an exam?

bluerthanu wrote: »
    Not that I know what’s inside Tom Courtney’s brain but ultra vires was up in March and corporate authority was up in November. Both are essentially part of the same topic and off my grid have only appeared three times in a row pre 2014 Act, presumably because it was much more important in company law then (just my rationale for not covering fwiw).

I noticed that too but it has been up on the last two March sittings, 19 and 20. And he said in his reports that ultra vires is consistently badly answered. That’s why I think he could throw it in. I found it the exact same with charitable trusts/cy pres in the equity exam. Examiner kept saying in her reports that it was consistently badly answered and students didn’t understand it so she kept putting it in. That’s my hope anyway, completely understand if it doesn’t but I’d like to be covered either way because it’s a handy essay if it comes up!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LegalEagle21

Could anyone please tell me what they’re covering for Contract

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

equity

hey would people think its safe to leave out constructive and resulting trusts and trustees ??

• Advertisement

I’m thinking of leaving out public authority liability, defective premises, breach of statutory duty and proof of negligence for tort - anyone think this is too much to leave out?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bigchungus

Safe to leave out unconstitutionality as a defence for criminal?

Could anyone please tell me what they’re covering for Contract

I’m leaving out formal requirements, illegal contracts and agency!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Hey what are people covering for property?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

caius97 wrote: »
    Hey what are people covering for property?

Gonna do succession, easements, adverse possession, co-ownership and finders

Whats everyone doing for criminal bar the obvious,

Are there any that are safe to leave out like right to silence or bail etc

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭APower79

L.E.D wrote: »
    Whats everyone doing for criminal bar the obvious,

Are there any that are safe to leave out like right to silence or bail etc

Thanks

I’m covering what didn’t come up in November so bail, treatment/ rights of those in custody, characteristics of crime, insanity, strict liability, omissions plus the usual. Not doing provocation as an essay question or jurisdiction of the courts I don’t think

APower79 wrote: »
    I’m covering what didn’t come up in November so bail, treatment/ rights of those in custody, characteristics of crime, insanity, strict liability, omissions plus the usual. Not doing provocation as an essay question or jurisdiction of the courts I don’t think

Perfect, do you know what questions came up in November? I haven't been able to get my hands on a paper so studying the extras fairly blind!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bigchungus

L.E.D wrote: »
    Perfect, do you know what questions came up in November? I haven't been able to get my hands on a paper so studying the extras fairly blind!
    Someone posted a google drive with all the past papers/sample answers a few pages back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Fe179user

I’m thinking of switching from 2 FE1s to just doing 1 FE1 as I think it’s too heavy right now with work and a masters degree (I did 3 in November but burned out massively after). Does anyone know if I contact the law society can I get a refund if I decide to sit just 1 instead of 2 I applied for?

Advertisement