Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Do we think limitation of actions is due a run for tort?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lightup1

Would anybody have sample answers for equity they wouldn't mind sharing? Can swap other materials!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

For SOP are people covering judicial power? or what exactly within the judicial power are people focusing on it seems so long i was wondering to leave it out or cover it?

also for the executive power i just have cabinet confidentiality done and referenda are people imcluding international relations too? it also seems so long i dont know if i will get time to cover it all!! feeling so overwhelmed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

nicolesd wrote: »
    For SOP are people covering judicial power? or what exactly within the judicial power are people focusing on it seems so long i was wondering to leave it out or cover it?

also for the executive power i just have cabinet confidentiality done and referenda are people imcluding international relations too? it also seems so long i dont know if i will get time to cover it all!! feeling so overwhelmed!!

I am looking at art 37 for questions on restrictions on rights, just to be able to throw it in if it arises, I am not looking at it for a full question.
    so basically Re Solicitors Act 1954 and that Under Art 37 a body can be created in law to hear matters of a limited judicial nature - but if the decision of that body has very serious implications – and in particular the loss of profession – that it something that the courts has to determine

for executive I am covering the two you are

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Coopie

Does anyone have the slides for the Constitutional update Eoin Carolan did last year?

Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Does anyone have a sample answer for a limitation of actions essay?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fe179user

It’s very tough! For tort anyway... I’ll definitely be covering medicial neg, defamation, res ipsa loquitur, damages, occupiers, nuisance, product, trespass the person and DOC in general. I think some of these are due a run and I’ll go back over the grid and pick out more closer the time.

I was unsure whether to do res ispa loquitur? I will def be doing the same and defamation is due a turn and nervous shock!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Fe179user

awsah wrote: »
    The only thing I will say is that those two are spaced apart on the time table. if you looked over tort this weekend and then threw yourself into constitutional from Monday,that give you about 8 days of study for that and then about a week after for tort and if you just start learning off you should get enough done.

could you message your master's professors and say you need to take these next 3 weeks off, that you can attend classes but ask for an extension on any homework? can work give you any time off to study?

I totally feel you though, I am doing 4 with a full time job and I think I have taken on too much, I was thinking during the week of only doing 2 or 3 but I just decided to give it a go and hopefully I get all four

I’m gonna take this advice and see how I am come Monday. My work is a placement as part of my LLM so I can’t really do anything about time off. Might email lecturers and let them know of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

just realized i haven’t received the email from better examinations ?! anyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Fe179user wrote: »
    I was unsure whether to do res ispa loquitur? I will def be doing the same and defamation is due a turn and nervous shock!

Res ipsa loquitur essay is handy enough so I’ll have one prepared just incase and he could be due a run. Don’t think it has been up in 2/3 sittings but I stand to be corrected on that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

Iconic10 wrote: »
    just realized i haven’t received the email from better examinations ?! anyone else ?

just found it - was in the ‘important folder ‘ haha

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Res ipsa loquitur essay is handy enough so I’ll have one prepared just incase and he could be due a run. Don’t think it has been up in 2/3 sittings but I stand to be corrected on that!

Came up as an essay for the physical august sitting ! Handy one to learn tho so I’d still look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Does anyone have a sample answer for the citizenship/worker question on the August 2020 EU paper. It is question number 5 August 2020 about Maria, Pierre, Lucas and Ruben. It has my brain melted! I have materials/sample answers to swap

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Has a question ever come up on the duty to seek out and preserve evidence? Or has it even been part of a question? Seems a fairly big topic with lots of developments and case law but can't seem to find any past paper questions on it.

Was also thinking this!
    also wondering opinions on undue delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

Are people covering realisation of assets for company?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

It came up on the August 2020 paper

• Registered Users Posts: 11 yipyop

Wondering if anyone knows what spellcheck function will work for the exams? I had Grammarly installed last time but I think the system blocked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

yipyop wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone knows what spellcheck function will work for the exams? I had Grammarly installed last time but I think the system blocked it.

i could right click and correct a word but that was it .... think the system blocks other extensions from working

yipyop wrote: »

i have language tool extension on google chrome that worked

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

Does anyone have the November 2020 criminal paper? I seen the post with all past papers (thank you!) But it stops in March 2020

Thanks

• Advertisement

does anyone have any recent sample answers for constitutional, 2018 and newer?

L.E.D wrote: »
    Does anyone have the November 2020 criminal paper? I seen the post with all past papers (thank you!) But it stops in March 2020

Thanks
    here you go

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

For constitutional law, I'm thinking of leaving out fair procedures, does anyone think that's a terrible idea and that it's a must?

For constitutional law, I'm thinking of leaving out fair procedures, does anyone think that's a terrible idea and that it's a must?

the city college night before notes says its an essential topic as there has been a lot of recent decisions so I am going to cover it!

do you have recent sample answers for it by chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

the city college night before notes says its an essential topic as there has been a lot of recent decisions so I am going to cover it!

Would you mind sending me the City College night before notes please?

Yea good point.

I don't unfortunately, haven't even done notes on it as I was hoping to skip it :(

Yea good point.

I don't unfortunately, haven't even done notes on it as I was hoping to skip it :(

sorry I meant for constitutional in general!

well it did appear in November I believe as an essay question but someone would need to confirm that for me!

here is a link to the NBN as someone has asked but you might need to sign up for it as I had to, just put in name and email

https://citycolleges.ie/night-before-notes-2021/
    https://citycolleges.ie/app/uploads/Constitutional-law-NBN-1.pdf

sorry I meant for constitutional in general!

well it did appear in November I believe as an essay question but someone would need to confirm that for me!

here is a link to the NBN as someone has asked but you might need to sign up for it as I had to, just put in name and email

https://citycolleges.ie/night-before-notes-2021/
    https://citycolleges.ie/app/uploads/Constitutional-law-NBN-1.pdf

I have a couple I can send you if you PM me!

Do you mind me asking what your final list of topics are for constitutional ? Really struggling to narrow down and would love to hear others opinions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

Are people covering realisation of assets for company?

Yes I am, it comes up regularly and it is a grand enough topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

Yes I am, it comes up regularly and it is a grand enough topic.

Thank you. Is it necessary to cover other topics like winding up examinership and receivership with it or could you get a whole question just on realisation of assets?

Advertisement