Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jcarroll9

For equity, what do you need to have covered for the case note Q? Any help appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

Hi all, for company law is it necessary to cover both restriction and disqualification? Do people have any preference over which one should be studied?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

would anybody recommend the UCD seminar for constitutional? What does it usually entail?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

Thank you. Is it necessary to cover other topics like winding up examinership and receivership with it or could you get a whole question just on realisation of assets?

As far as I am aware, it comes up on its own but I haven't studied it in detail yet. I would say have a look at the exam reports because they are very detailed so should give a steer on how to answer them.

FEONE wrote: »
    Hi all, for company law is it necessary to cover both restriction and disqualification? Do people have any preference over which one should be studied?

Generally, restriction comes up I believe. So I am just studying that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

Is Capital Maintenance worth covering? Never seems to come up

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

awsah wrote: »
    here you go

Thabk you so so much

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

NewFe1 wrote: »

I am not covering it.
    I was thinking of covering changes brought about by Companies Act, Corporate Capacity Ultra Vires, SLP, Directors, Corporate Borrowing, Share Transfer, Shareholder Protection, Restriction, Realisation of Assets, Examinership, and Receivership. If anyone has anything that I should add could you please let me know!

NewFe1 wrote: »

I am not studying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Would any kind soul please tell me what they are covering for tort? Am drowning in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

Is nervous shock/pre economic loss due a run? does anyone have any predictions for tort ?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

What general principles for EU does everyone have? I have fundamental rights, proportionality, legal certainty, supremacy and subsidiarity. Is it worth learning conferral and legitimate expectations too?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fe120202021

might be a silly of me, but i was thinking of avoiding the case note question in constitutional because i'm not sure how to prepare for it. Is there any sort of repetition or predictability for it or how are people preparing for it? any tips are welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

can anyone clear up the Quinn supermarket case for me in constitutional law for freedom of religion? re the exemption for kosher meat stores to open on the sundays was this held unconstitutional as total ban went to far but justified then for freedom to practise religion religion and allowed open for free hours to accommodate the sabbath?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

nicolesd wrote: »
    can anyone clear up the Quinn supermarket case for me in constitutional law for freedom of religion? re the exemption for kosher meat stores to open on the sundays was this held unconstitutional as total ban went to far but justified then for freedom to practise religion religion and allowed open for free hours to accommodate the sabbath?

(Jewish butchers)

Primary purpose of Art 44 was to allow the free practice and profession of religion, therefore the discrimination was necessary.

In this case, a ministerial order granted an exmption to Jewish meat shops from the restricted opening hours applicable to butcher shop Despite the prohibition against religious discrimination in Article 44.2.3, the Court upheld the discrimination as it was necessary in order to allow the free practice of the Jewish religion as guaranteed by Article 44.2. The Court looked at the primary purpose of Article 44 and believed its primary purpose was to allow the free practice and profession of religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 KingofTheFE1s

might be a silly of me, but i was thinking of avoiding the case note question in constitutional because i'm not sure how to prepare for it. Is there any sort of repetition or predictability for it or how are people preparing for it? any tips are welcome

It seems to always take the form of two older seminal cases and two recent ones. Other than that I dont see any form of repetition. Pretty hard to prepare for imo. Its gona be a backup of sorts for me. May attempt it if Im struggling for a decent fifth out of the other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Lightup1

I sat constitutional in the last round. I knew one of the cases and vaguely knew a second and managed to pull a pass mark in the question. Difficult question to prepare for yes but at the same if you're stuck in the exam, wouldn't completely disregard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Mc96

I just did the practice exam. At the end of the exams in November a little window used to pop up saying "congratulations on submitting your exam". This time when I clicked to submit etc, that window didn't pop up and it seemed to refresh on better examinations main page about 3 times before settling. It does say that the exam is submitted waiting review. I'm just wondering if anyone did get the congratulations message? Just to make sure there isn't some glitch with mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

Mc96 wrote: »
    I just did the practice exam. At the end of the exams in November a little window used to pop up saying "congratulations on submitting your exam". This time when I clicked to submit etc, that window didn't pop up and it seemed to refresh on better examinations main page about 3 times before settling. It does say that the exam is submitted waiting review. I'm just wondering if anyone did get the congratulations message? Just to make sure there isn't some glitch with mine!

I didn’t get a congratulations either..

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭catonafence

Mc96 wrote: »

I got the message "Congratulations!
    You have successfully submitted your exam. We'll let you know as soon as your feedback is ready."

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

awsah wrote: »

This is fantastic, thanks so much for linking it.

Would you - or anyone else - have any other academic commentary/articles on some of the more frequently examined topics in Constitutional?

Hi, EU question.
    I have institutions
    general principles,
    Sources of law
    direct effect
    judicial review
    ms liability
    FMOG
    preliminary ref. Procedure.
    I know I need at least one more topic - would love some thoughts as to whether I should add the rest of the 4 freedoms or try to learn art 101 and 102 ? Thanks so much,

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

FMOW and citizenship

Thanks, finally got one child back to school this morning but unexpectedly having 3 at home since Christmas has killed my routine so I’m a little behind - running out of time to get to all the topics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Fe123

I logged onto better examinations yesterday for a few mins & I tried to log on this morning but when I click rejoin exam nothing happens. Did anyone else have this issue or know why it’s happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

snap ..me too! all 3 back today ..FINALLY a little head space :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ryan G

For criminal would it be okay to leave out bail, arrest, detention and the courts? Really don’t think I can get them in at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

Anyone else's practice exam just say 'loading exam' trying to work out if its the laptop or the exam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lawgrad49

Fe123 wrote: »
    I logged onto better examinations yesterday for a few mins & I tried to log on this morning but when I click rejoin exam nothing happens. Did anyone else have this issue or know why it’s happening?

I'm having the same issue, it worked okay for me Saturday when I logged in for half an hour or so. I tried to rejoin exam this morning and it won't let me. Would it be that the 3.5 hours have now expired and we don't have access?

There is a practice exam feature on the platform anyway, I just wanted to play around with some of the tools, but you can do it on that so it's not really an issue.

Advertisement