Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

OK i got it working, but I got the "congratulations " message, I know people were asking

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Ryan G wrote: »
    For criminal would it be okay to leave out bail, arrest, detention and the courts? Really don’t think I can get them in at this stage.

I’m leaving them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭WesternC123

Constitutional - What are people concentrating on for Trial in Due Course?

Also, I did the practice exam this morning and had the same thing happen when I tried to submit the exam - it just kept loading, going to the home page and then refreshing. I didn't get the congratulations notification. I rang the law soc and they said it's because it's a practice exam although I don't really see what that would make a difference..did anyone else try to contact them about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 examsfe12021

Also, I did the practice exam this morning and had the same thing happen when I tried to submit the exam - it just kept loading, going to the home page and then refreshing. I didn't get the congratulations notification. I rang the law soc and they said it's because it's a practice exam although I don't really see what that would make a difference..did anyone else try to contact them about it?

same thing happened to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

I was thinking of focusing on access to a solicitor, undue delay and unconstitutionally obtained evidence. Still going to have a point or two on the other parts like preserving evidence etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 ullaw22

Hey all! Would anyone have the March 2020 and November 2020 Property papers? Would be hugely appreciated - even if not the papers themselves an idea of what came up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

ullaw22 wrote: »
    Hey all! Would anyone have the March 2020 and November 2020 Property papers? Would be hugely appreciated - even if not the papers themselves an idea of what came up :)

March 2020 was a new examiner and the paper had an unbelievable amount of choice. I don’t have November 2020 and curious if that was the same.

March 2020:

Q1: Adverse Possession

Q2: a) Covenants - LCLRA 09 reforms

OR

b) Easements - various means of acquiring

Q3: a) Finding

OR

b) Contractual Licences

Q4: a) Succession: Intestacy

OR

b) Succession: Duty of Testator in 1965 act

Q5: a) Mortgages: protections strengthen by LCLRA 09

OR

b) Family Home Protection

OR

c) Residential Tenancies

Q6: Commercial Leases & Forfeiture

Q7: Co-ownership - Joint Tenancy v Tenancy in Common

Q8: a) Succession Law: Requirements to executing valid will

AND

b) Succession Law: admissibility of extrinsic evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

November

Q1- Critically evaluate the legislative protection afforded spouses in relation to family property in Ireland. Support your answer with reference to appropriate authority.

Q2- problem q on easements of necessity

Q3-Should the contractual licence be regarded as an interest in land in Irish LawJ Discuss your answer with reference to applicable case law.

Q4-problem q re section 117

Q5- According to Wylie, One of the most striking features of our land law has been the extent to which it has been influenced by principles of equity
    Irish Land Law )j p.71.
    Critically discuss the above statement, supporting your answer with relevant legal authority.

Q6-problem on adverse possession

Q7
    In order for a will to be valid, there are a number of capacity and formality requirements which must be adhered to in accordance with the Succession Act 176’.
    Critically discuss these requirements supporting your answer with suf9cient and relevant case law.

Q8 - problem on finding

November

Q1- Critically evaluate the legislative protection afforded spouses in relation to family property in Ireland. Support your answer with reference to appropriate authority.

Q2- problem q on easements of necessity

Q3-Should the contractual licence be regarded as an interest in land in Irish LawJ Discuss your answer with reference to applicable case law.

Q4-problem q re section 117

Q5- According to Wylie, One of the most striking features of our land law has been the extent to which it has been influenced by principles of equity
    Irish Land Law )j p.71.
    Critically discuss the above statement, supporting your answer with relevant legal authority.

Q6-problem on adverse possession

Q7
    In order for a will to be valid, there are a number of capacity and formality requirements which must be adhered to in accordance with the Succession Act 176’.
    Critically discuss these requirements supporting your answer with suf9cient and relevant case law.

Q8 - problem on finding

Thanks for this! Do you know if this was same examiner as March 2020? Not as much choice :(

Anyone have November 2020 Company paper or can outline what was on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

AA247 wrote: »
    Thanks for this! Do you know if this was same examiner as March 2020? Not as much choice :(

Oh sorry I’ve no idea can’t remember what it said and doesn’t say it on the front of my paper !

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ullaw22

Oh sorry I’ve no idea can’t remember what it said and doesn’t say it on the front of my paper !

Thanks so much, both! The two papers are nice but March gives honestly a startling amount of choice. A tad bizarre for contractual licences to get two runs out in the one year too but it's a nice little topic imo. Would give my left arm for either of these papers on the 30th tbh!

Thanks so much, both! The two papers are nice but March gives honestly a startling amount of choice. A tad bizarre for contractual licences to get two runs out in the one year too but it's a nice little topic imo. Would give my left arm for either of these papers on the 30th tbh!

If it the same examiner as March 20, the examiner report highlighted concerns with the unpopularity or poor answers to the important topics contractual licences, mortgages and commercial leases/forfeiture which you could say indicates these will be examined again in coming papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

Does anyone have the March 2020 and Nov 2020 examiner reports for Company?

I have up to date in constitutional as a swap??

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

Anyone have November 2020 Company paper or can outline what was on it?

I think it was posted on this if you search the forum but from what I can remember there was an essay on authority, a hybrid essay/problem question on advantages of incorporation and SLP, an oppression problem question, a problem question on circumstances where you can refuse to register shares, I think there was a directors duty essay on who directors owe duties to? Sorry my memory is a little hazy

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fe12020oct

anyone have any advice for undue delay in due course of law and which cases should be focused on?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 corbrian1998

Can anyone tell me if for company I should be covered with changes in company’s act 2014, SLP, Adv and Dis of Incorporation, Corporate Authority, Directors Duties, Restriction, Corporate Borrowing/Charges, Share Transfer, Winding Up, Distribution of Assets, Examinership, Receivership?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

Is there anyone who did the City Colleges Criminal Law course this cycle that would be willing to swap/share with me some of the lecture notes they have?

The notes I'm working off are two years old, and I'm missing some important recent developments/cases. Just need a few up-to-date bits to cover myself! I have notes for every subject (including City Colleges notes for EU and Constitutional) that I'm more than happy to share with anyone able who can help!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Can anyone tell me if for company I should be covered with changes in company’s act 2014, SLP, Adv and Dis of Incorporation, Corporate Authority, Directors Duties, Restriction, Corporate Borrowing/Charges, Share Transfer, Winding Up, Distribution of Assets, Examinership, Receivership?

I would think so! I’m leaving out advan. and disadvan. of incorporation as it came up the last sitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keelfe1s

Hi guys,

I know this has been asked somewhere before.... What came up in Tort Nov 2020??

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

This is fantastic, thanks so much for linking it.

Would you - or anyone else - have any other academic commentary/articles on some of the more frequently examined topics in Constitutional?

I don't I am afraid but would appreciate if you could post anything you find!

fe12020oct wrote: »
    anyone have any advice for undue delay in due course of law and which cases should be focused on?

You can't answer a question on undue delay without referring to the case of DPP v CC [2019] which stated that undue delay is a matter for trial Court. they created a new test which distinguishes between cases of lost opportuinity and a loss of an obviously useful line of defence so if you were answering a problem question on this area you would need to use that test

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jjjjjop

Which is better and easier to cover in equity - estoppel or undue influence? I only have time to cover the one :(

jjjjjop wrote: »
    Which is better and easier to cover in equity - estoppel or undue influence? I only have time to cover the one :(

Estoppel is by far easiest, only proprietary is examined, sometimes with unconscionability if I remember correctly. There are basic principles and a few leading cases, once you know them you will be fine. I literally read over this chapter and did desperately short notes before exam in March 20 just in case. Got 46% in the exam but actually scored the highest like 13/20 I think in that question which took least amount of time to study.

Under Influence can come up in up in different varieties from dealing with family members to banks with different cases needed for different questions.

Estoppel didn’t come up in November 20. Not sure about undue influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NewFe1

awsah wrote: »
    You can't answer a question on undue delay without referring to the case of DPP v CC [2019] which stated that undue delay is a matter for trial Court. they created a new test which distinguishes between cases of lost opportuinity and a loss of an obviously useful line of defence so if you were answering a problem question on this area you would need to use that test

Have you got a link to this case? I have the City Colleges 2019/20 manual as well as the Independent Colleges 2020 manual and there isn't a mention of it in either. You'd think they would have added it in.

NewFe1 wrote: »
    Have you got a link to this case? I have the City Colleges 2019/20 manual as well as the Independent Colleges 2020 manual and there isn't a mention of it in either. You'd think they would have added it in.

I dont but it should be on the judgements section of courts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

Estoppel is by far easiest, only proprietary is examined, sometimes with unconscionability if I remember correctly. There are basic principles and a few leading cases, once you know them you will be fine. I literally read over this chapter and did desperately short notes before exam in March 20 just in case. Got 46% in the exam but actually scored the highest like 13/20 I think in that question which took least amount of time to study.

Under Influence can come up in up in different varieties from dealing with family members to banks with different cases needed for different questions.

Estoppel didn’t come up in November 20. Not sure about undue influence.

Both estoppel and UI came up in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aoife5

Does anyone have a sample answer done for company on the circumstances when a floating charge will crystallise or for March 2016 essay question “the companies act 2014 makes 3 significant changes to the registration of company charges: first, in relation to the definition of charges that are required to be registered....”. Would really appreciate it!!

Aoife5 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a sample answer done for company on the circumstances when a floating charge will crystallise or for March 2016 essay question “the companies act 2014 makes 3 significant changes to the registration of company charges: first, in relation to the definition of charges that are required to be registered....”. Would really appreciate it!!

if you tell me a paper the crystallisation one came up i can send you the sample answer i have for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Byrne11

For property, in particular easements - do we need to know re perscription? I havent seen it come up in past papers, I've just been covering elements to establish, rights of way/light etc and how easemenrs are acquired. Thanks a mill for your thoughts!

Advertisement