Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aoife5

awsah wrote: »
    if you tell me a paper the crystallisation one came up i can send you the sample answer i have for it.

Thank you so much !!! The crystallisation one came up in March 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

Aoife5 wrote: »
    Thank you so much !!! The crystallisation one came up in March 2020

ok so I actually don't have a sample answer for that I am afraid! here is something which I wrote myself that might help, if it comes up in other past papers let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 37 FE1Pleb

If anyone is willing to share Constitutional sample answers i would be eternally grateful. I have nice condensed notes and materials on everything else if anyone wants to trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

bluerthanu wrote: »
    Both estoppel and UI came up in November.

Apologies you are correct! I actually never answered the estoppel Q the second round funnily enough.

I thought the Equity paper last round was really nice with the new examiner. It included most topics most would have studied with exception of injunctions. Nothing too complex.

It seems like it was marked quite hard though, I had this off to a tee having failed the first time. Thought I did right well and only got 56%.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FE1Nov20

What topics do people plan on leaving out for Constitutional ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Property: Would anybody be able to tell me is role of executors and personal representatives important for succession? Such a large topic as it is but worried if its usually two questions

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FEONE

Can anyone tell me which aspect of mistake would be most important to learn for contract please? Dont have time or capacity to learn everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

hey, does anyone have tort sample answers (incl ones from last couple of years) and/or the november 2020 paper? i have sample answers for almost all the others so can exchange - thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 flepetch

Hey guys, i'm unfortunately repeating property this sitting. Would anybody be willing to share their script from March 2020 or November 2020 sittings? or if anyone had sample answers from either paper i would really appreciate it! Struggling to figure out where i went wrong the first time around

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Constitutional

Does anyone have any predictions for Constitutional essays that are due a run? Really trying to prep for the essays in particular as the problem qs are so tricky. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

DUMSURFER wrote: »
    Is there anyone who did a Criminal Law course this cycle that would be willing to swap/share with me some of the lecture notes they have?

The notes I'm working off are two years old, and I'm missing some important recent developments/cases. Just need a few up-to-date bits to cover myself! I have notes for every subject (including City Colleges notes for EU and Constitutional) that I'm more than happy to share with anyone able who can help!

Anyone? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 LawStudent999

Hi guys, just looking for a bit of help in the area of Corporate Borrowing for Company. I suppose my question is whether there’s a key piece to know amongst the material. It seems very expansive and I’m unsure as to the key point of focus? Is there a particular topic within the chapter that I should be focusing on e.g. Crystallisation of Floating Charges/ ROT Clauses? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

Hi guys, just looking for a bit of help in the area of Corporate Borrowing for Company. I suppose my question is whether there’s a key piece to know amongst the material. It seems very expansive and I’m unsure as to the key point of focus? Is there a particular topic within the chapter that I should be focusing on e.g. Crystallisation of Floating Charges/ ROT Clauses? Thanks in advance

I'm not sure I would leave out/focus too much on any particular area unfortunately. The way it appears is: (1) essay on crystallisation of a floating charge (plus maybe the nature of a floating charge); (2) PQ that generally will either combine some combination of (a) fixed charge over books debts, (b) fixed charge that has or has not been registered, (c) retention of title clause (I think all sums due is the most common); and (3) an essay on the most significant changes to registration. A crystallisation essay came up in March 20 (but is very popular). If I was to wager an uneducated guess, I would think an October 18 type PQ that combined a fixed charge on book debts and a retention of title clause would be the most likely (purely on the basis that it was an essay the last time it appeared and RoT clauses haven't appeared since Oct 18).

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

bluerthanu wrote: »
    I'm not sure I would leave out/focus too much on any particular area unfortunately. The way it appears is: (1) essay on crystallisation of a floating charge (plus maybe the nature of a floating charge); (2) PQ that generally will either combine some combination of (a) fixed charge over books debts, (b) fixed charge that has or has not been registered, (c) retention of title clause (I think all sums due is the most common); and (3) an essay on the most significant changes to registration. A crystallisation essay came up in March 20 (but is very popular). If I was to wager an uneducated guess, I would think an October 18 type PQ that combined a fixed charge on book debts and a retention of title clause would be the most likely (purely on the basis that it was an essay the last time it appeared and RoT clauses haven't appeared since Oct 18).

Yeah I have divided it similarly. It didn't come up in November so might be due a run. Over the last 3 years it has been one of 2 questions but really hard to know. I'd also think it may be a PQ on (a) fixed charge over book debts and (b)with the fixed charge not being registered. But good to cover the technicalities of registering a charge and retention of title clause.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

Is it ok to leave out syringe offences since it came up last sitting? I know its only tiny but studying and home schooling kids means I have to focus on the Important topics!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

Is anyone leaving anything out for constitutional? I need to leave stuff out I’m running out of time

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nicolesd

can anyone clarify the rights of unmarried fathers in constitutional law? am i right in saying they enjoy no constitutional rights to their children per Nicaolou they do not outside of marriage enjoy the same rights? they can apply for guardianship but thats not a constitutional right and what other cases would you use?

also wondering position of de facto familys and a sister of grandmother trying to gain rights of a child over a unmarried father? i know its been said de facto familys are not recognised by irish law but what cases would you use for that? im slightly confused if a problem came up could someone please clarify for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FE1swag

In Trial in Due Course of Law what is everyone covering? Would Right of Access to a Lawyer (w right to silence) & Uncons obtained evidence be ok or is Undue Delay essential?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kellyg248

Anyone having difficulty downloading the Proctoria? Screensharing is prooving impossible. I have contacted the Law Society and waiting....
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

Kellyg248 wrote: »
    Anyone having difficulty downloading the Proctoria? Screensharing is prooving impossible. I have contacted the Law Society and waiting....
    Thank you

When it pops up to click share you click the bit that looks like a screen and then hit share

• Advertisement

That is the issue the 'share' option is not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Lealaw

When it pops up to click share you click the bit that looks like a screen and then hit share

Yes this is the odd bit you need to click the screen image in a box then the share should come available.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LeGal97

Has anyone on Access received a copy of the Companies Act '14 from the LS?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

Kellyg248 wrote: »
    That is the issue the 'share' option is not available.

theres a guide to this in the email sent out prior to the mock exam.

you have to click on the 'screen' in the pop up, then the share button will be click-able

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭bluerthanu

nicolesd wrote: »
    can anyone clarify the rights of unmarried fathers in constitutional law? am i right in saying they enjoy no constitutional rights to their children per Nicaolou they do not outside of marriage enjoy the same rights? they can apply for guardianship but thats not a constitutional right and what other cases would you use?

also wondering position of de facto familys and a sister of grandmother trying to gain rights of a child over a unmarried father? i know its been said de facto familys are not recognised by irish law but what cases would you use for that? im slightly confused if a problem came up could someone please clarify for me?

My understanding (please point out if I'm wrong):
    - unmarried father has no natural rights over child by virtue of being the natural father (Nicaolou, JK v VW, WO'R v EH)
    - he has a right to be heard in adoption proceedings (under the Act and per S v Adoption Board)
    - the paramount consideration is what is in the best interests/welfare of the child (42A confirms this constitutionally). Generally this will be with the marital family (or adopted family unit, per JK v VW). However, where the child is born to a 'stable and established relationship (nurtured at the start by father and mother in a de facto family) the natural father will have extensive rights of interest and concern on an application of the 1964 Act, but they are inferior the to welfare of the child (W'OR v EH).
    - your example of grandmother I think would depend on (1) if the natural father is a guardian and (2) the makeup of the actual families and the history of how the child was brought up. The court will do what is in the best interests of the child.
    - also, just re de facto families, they seem to have no constitutional status per McD v L&M.

Exactly but that option is not available.

I hope that this issue does not prevent me from sitting the exams...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JPEGJULY

Has anyone else still not received an email from Better Examinations about setting up their account for this sitting?
    I emailed the Law Society earlier this week and they said they would ask Better Examinations to send it again but still there is nothing in my inbox or spam folder. Just feel like I am cutting it quite close now at this stage with no thanks to the Law Society's awful communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭FE1Hopefully1

JPEGJULY wrote: »
    Has anyone else still not received an email from Better Examinations about setting up their account for this sitting?
    I emailed the Law Society earlier this week and they said they would ask Better Examinations to send it again but still there is nothing in my inbox or spam folder. Just feel like I am cutting it quite close now at this stage with no thanks to the Law Society's awful communication.

Mine was in my promotion folder

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

Anyone have predictions for EU law?

Obviously, I hope to have most topics covered but just wondering what people think may be highly likely... thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fe12021

hey, is anyone able to tell me which land based tort subject (tresspass/ryland v fletcher/nuisance) came up in nov 2020? would be massively grateful

Advertisement