Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) No trading

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

fe12021 wrote: »
    hey, is anyone able to tell me which land based tort subject (tresspass/ryland v fletcher/nuisance) came up in nov 2020? would be massively grateful

rylands

• Registered Users Posts: 36 FE1Rookies

Anyone else finding EU very difficult? Its like a different language :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sunnylegal

Anyone have an answer for that Table A question that comes up in company?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MikeRoss23

Anyone have updated exam grids for EU or Contract? Help a man out!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kellyg248

I had a heck of a time...I hope you received it in time!!

• Advertisement

MikeRoss23 wrote: »
    Anyone have updated exam grids for EU or Contract? Help a man out!

the EU one is missing all 2020 papers and there was four exams so you might get a better one off someone

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ullaw22

flepetch wrote: »
    Hey guys, i'm unfortunately repeating property this sitting. Would anybody be willing to share their script from March 2020 or November 2020 sittings? or if anyone had sample answers from either paper i would really appreciate it! Struggling to figure out where i went wrong the first time around

Law Hero on Youtube has both papers, not copies but does a decent read through!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭AA247

Regarding chapters 1-3 in the Company Manual - can someone confirm that Corporate Authority and Adv/Disadvantage of Incorporation came up in two Qs in Nov 20 sitting please?

Really trying to whittle it down! Are there any other potential Q I would be missing in these chapters if I stuck to Ultra Vires and Separate Legal Personality?

Noting obviously what came up last time may reappear! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Fe1user5555

AA247 wrote: »
    Regarding chapters 1-3 in the Company Manual - can someone confirm that Corporate Authority and Adv/Disadvantage of Incorporation came up in two Qs in Nov 20 sitting please?

Really trying to whittle it down! Are there any other potential Q I would be missing in these chapters if I stuck to Ultra Vires and Separate Legal Personality?

Noting obviously what came up last time may reappear! :)

Yes! Q5 was a question on s40 companies act / rule in turquands case and q8 was a question on advantages / disadvantages of incorporation :)

Yes! Q5 was a question on s40 companies act / rule in turquands case and q8 was a question on advantages / disadvantages of incorporation :)

Thanks a mil! Was there any insolvency Q(s)?

• Advertisement

AA247 wrote: »
    Thanks a mil! Was there any insolvency Q(s)?

Yes! Question 6 was an essay q on realisation of corporate assets - s602 specifically

Yes! Question 6 was an essay q on realisation of corporate assets - s602 specifically

You’re a star - thank you for that!

While I’m here, if anyone needs the rest of the company paper it was:
    Q1 essay on Percival v Wright / exceptions
    Q2 S212 PQ
    Q3 essay on meetings
    Q4 problem q on restrictions and defences
    Q5 essay on s40 / rule in turquands case
    Q6 essay on s602 (realisation of corporate assets)
    Q7 PQ on advantages / disadvantages of incorporation
    Q8 PQ on share transfer

Notably missing from the paper was corporate borrowing, SLP and winding up so I would definitely learn those if I was doing the exam next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭fe1fi20

Criminal Law

For q2 October 2016, my sample answer doesn't mention the defence of infancy in it. just wondering if anyone has attempted this question and if they would also bring in the minor aspect as a defence when answering

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

Kellyg248 wrote: »
    Exactly but that option is not available.

I hope that this issue does not prevent me from sitting the exams...

You need to do something in your permissions in settings. It should work then

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Does anyone have the criminal paper for March/August 2020? I have loads of materials if they can be of any help I can pass on. Freaking out now that the exams are so close lol - anyone got any guesses for the essays in criminal? Thanks !

caius97 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the criminal paper for March/August 2020? I have loads of materials if they can be of any help I can pass on. Freaking out now that the exams are so close lol - anyone got any guesses for the essays in criminal? Thanks !

here you go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caius97

Were you emailed?
    fe1fi20 wrote: »
    here you go :)

Thank you so much! let me know if I can be of any assistance with materials :) thanks again

fe1fi20 wrote: »
    Criminal Law

For q2 October 2016, my sample answer doesn't mention the defence of infancy in it. just wondering if anyone has attempted this question and if they would also bring in the minor aspect as a defence when answering

if you read the exmainers report for that question it mentions that you could raise it but that it would not apply in this situation as Kevin had attaine the age of criminal responsibility

awsah wrote: »
    if you read the exmainers report for that question it mentions that you could raise it but that it would not apply in this situation as Kevin had attaine the age of criminal responsibility

Thanks for this!

• Advertisement

Does anyone have brief due course of law notes please?? Happy to pay for them mine are way too long

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭legallyginger

Does anyone have brief due course of law notes please?? Happy to pay for them mine are way too long

Send me your email :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FE1swag

Any key topics / areas within topics in Constitutional that people are focusing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jimmer_15

Hi guys,

Does anybody have an up to date Equity, Tort and Property exam grid? I have some but they are missing the last two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 JudeLawX

Does anyone have really condensed notes on criminal procedure? I have no night before notes and mine are extremely long and I am out of time! Would rly appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fe12020oct

EQUITY

in secret trusts what is the ruling in Re Boyes? is it considered a valid secret trust if a sealed envelope with the terms of the trust is opened by the legatee after the testators death? or would the property be held on resulting trust?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

Jimmer_15 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Does anybody have an up to date Equity, Tort and Property exam grid? I have some but they are missing the last two years.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XeQw0Asek7Ra_SoqN77Rf4-J8uINVN38?usp=sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fe1person

I don't have the Company March 2020 paper or report. Does anyone have it to hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Katniss1998

Anyone have predictions for EU law?

Obviously, I hope to have most topics covered but just wondering what people think may be highly likely... thanks.

As far as I can tell the paper is very predictable. There is usually an Institutions question, a MS liability and direct effect question, a judicial review question, at least one FMOG question, FMOW question and a Competition Law question. So there is quite a bit to cut! Just take a look at an exam grid. Someone posted a link to one a little while ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Iconic10

what do people think will come up for constitutional ? can’t wait for it to be over and dreading the exam

Advertisement