Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to replace garden wall

Options
  • 16-02-2021 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi all,

I posted this in the construction costs forum, but got no replies, so I hope it is ok to try here too.

Looking for cost to knock garden wall, and replace.

In Dublin city. Looking for an approx cost to knock, remove and replace a 6 foot high concrete wall (weird mixture of concrete poured over an old iron fence with concrete blocks on top). It's about 30 metres long. To be replaced by new concrete block wall, to be rendered on one side.

Not a party wall, good access for machinery and works (it separates garden from a lane that we also own). Price to include disposal of the concrete.

Even if you could tell me would it be in the region of €3,000, €6,000 or €12,000!

And is it much cheaper to get one of those concrete base and post walls with wooden panelling that you see everywhere - https://images.app.goo.gl/gn3qSxU6sbE1NeUR6

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Done this last year.
    Neighbour wasn't interested in building with me so went solo.

Cut down a hedge/ditch/trees that were there myself.Donated them to a kindly farmer who took them away.

Got a man and a digger to remove tree stumps and dig foundation.

Poured and levelled the footings myself.(readymix)

Sourced blocks/sand/cement myself.

Got a block layer to lay blocks.I got a lend of a mixer and laboured for him.

Sourced cappings myself and block work was pointed for a finish.No plaster.

All in approx €3000/3500.Thats a very rough estimate.30m long 2m high

Your big expense could be getting rid of the existing wall thats there.
    If you can at all manage the project yourself.
    I was easily looking at €10k if I had to get a builder in from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭randomguy

stratowide wrote: »
    Done this last year.
    Neighbour wasn't interested in building with me so went solo.

Cut down a hedge/ditch/trees that were there myself.Donated them to a kindly farmer who took them away.

Got a man and a digger to remove tree stumps and dig foundation.

Poured and levelled the footings myself.(readymix)

Sourced blocks/sand/cement myself.

Got a block layer to lay blocks.I got a lend of a mixer and laboured for him.

Sourced cappings myself and block work was pointed for a finish.No plaster.

All in approx €3000/3500.Thats a very rough estimate.30m long 2m high

Your big expense could be getting rid of the existing wall thats there.
    If you can at all manage the project yourself.
    I was easily looking at €10k if I had to get a builder in from the start.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I wouldn't have the skill or knowledge to even mix cement, so there is no hope of me managing it.

I am now thinking of going with a fence as replacement, one of those fences with wooden panels on a concrete base and concrete posts. Presumably this will be easier and cheaper than a full wall. If anyone has any recommendations of someone who could supply and install one from scratch, please DM me.

Advertisement