Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4All - chip and pin doesn't work. Useless support.

Options
  • 16-02-2021 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

I have a One4All card which I received as a gift from work mid-December. It's one of their chip and pin cards. I went through the annoying registration process and received my pin etc, but the card has never worked.

I've called support three times. 30+ minutes waiting every time and always the same guy on the other end of the phone.

Over a month ago I was told there's nothing he can do, and he'll send the details on to "head office". No follow up from that.

A couple of weeks later I phoned again and was told my recent transactions were for an unsupported store, and it should work fine in a supported Irish store. It didn't. I knew it wouldn't because I had tried before -- Harvey Norman, D.I.D, Argos, and PC World.

Last week I called again and was again told "oh, that's strange - I'll have to send it on to head office". I asked for money back on the faulty product, nothing they can do. Some other way for me to get the 500 euro on this card? Nothing they can do.

Not the first thread on these guys I'm sure, but has anyone been able to recover (or not?) from a similar situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

Goodshape wrote: »
    I have a One4All card which I received as a gift from work mid-December. It's one of their chip and pin cards. I went through the annoying registration process and received my pin etc, but the card has never worked.

I've called support three times. 30+ minutes waiting every time and always the same guy on the other end of the phone.

Over a month ago I was told there's nothing he can do, and he'll send the details on to "head office". No follow up from that.

A couple of weeks later I phoned again and was told my recent transactions were for an unsupported store, and it should work fine in a supported Irish store. It didn't. I knew it wouldn't because I had tried before -- Harvey Norman, D.I.D, Argos, and PC World.

Last week I called again and was again told "oh, that's strange - I'll have to send it on to head office". I asked for money back on the faulty product, nothing they can do. Some other way for me to get the 500 euro on this card? Nothing they can do.

Not the first thread on these guys I'm sure, but has anyone been able to recover (or not?) from a similar situation?

Tried to use mine electronically and having the same issue - utter rubbish systems they seem to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Tried to use mine electronically and having the same issue - utter rubbish systems they seem to have.

I think at least one colleague in work has had similar problems, and the replies from One4All's Twitter account would suggest it's not uncommon. Of course, on the phone to support it all sounds like the first time this has ever happened to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Goodshape wrote: »

There was quite a few threads over the Christmas. A lot of people would have received them from work. 500 quid is a lot of money. Can you ask work to look into it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭NuttyMcNutty

I had same issue in argos, then had to download ID app and scan driver licience and take picture. They had to process it and send on a pin as far as I can remember. Then you use it as a credit card in store, no swipe. I though it was a load of bollox myself, supposedly to do with money laundering, my arse.

I had same issue in argos, then had to download ID app and scan driver licience and take picture. They had to process it and send on a pin as far as I can remember. Then you use it as a credit card in store, no swipe. I though it was a load of bollox myself, supposedly to do with money laundering, my arse.

I've done the registration and received the pin. Haven't tried in a physical store because there's pandemic going on, but it should work online too.

• Advertisement

There was quite a few threads over the Christmas. A lot of people would have received them from work. 500 quid is a lot of money. Can you ask work to look into it for you?

I could ask in work but not sure what they could do that I haven't already tried. One4All support haven't advised that I do anything but wait (6 weeks and counting) for "head office".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

from the one4all site
    https://www.one4all.ie/complaints
    If your complaint cannot be resolved, you may refer it to the Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman (the “FSPO”). The FSPO provides a free, independent service which might be able to settle a complaint between you and us.

You can contact the FSPO at The Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman, 3rd Floor, Lincoln House, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2, D02 VH29

Email: info@fspo.ie
    Phone: +353 (0)1 567 7000

sounds like you would have a case to push it higher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

I had issues with one of 2 cards a I bought from them, and had the same run-around from the first line support ("Oh, we have to escalate that to head office"), nothing came from it. So I rang AIB to initiate a chargeback, and they told me to send them an email to let them know, and that would be used as evidence that I tried everything.

So, I emailed complaints@one4all.ie and within a day I had a callback from a very helpful person, and everything was sorted. You could try emailing them, and see how you get on with it.

Rulmeq wrote: »
    I had issues with one of 2 cards a I bought from them, and had the same run-around from the first line support ("Oh, we have to escalate that to head office"), nothing came from it. So I rang AIB to initiate a chargeback, and they told me to send them an email to let them know, and that would be used as evidence that I tried everything.

So, I emailed complaints@one4all.ie and within a day I had a callback from a very helpful person, and everything was sorted. You could try emailing them, and see how you get on with it.

Cool, thanks. I emailed complaints@ yesterday actually. No word back yet. If there's nothing by tomorrow I might email them again and tell them I'm looking for that chargeback, see if that wakes them up.

Failing that I guess I'll need to check with my employer as they're the ones that bought the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

I got 120 prior to Xmas and added it to the app that I installed on my android... absolute disaster, even though Tesco tried and in fairness they did everything they could think of... I could not use it to part pay for something. I had about 40 odd quid left and tried to buy a bottle of whiskey but it would not do it and I paid cash in the end. Then when it came to try and use up the tenner or whatever was left, I gave in, just rubbish

• Advertisement
Advertisement