Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ownership of Stocks

Options
  • 16-02-2021 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Would you know who would the owner of the stocks for CGT purposes if let's say I buy stocks for someone through my online broker account?:

My friend and myself want to buy stocks - the money is deposited into my Davy account , one purchase is made. Who would have to make CG declaration? I understand that personal exemption would work better if each of us declare CG return separately, but is there an issue that account is held only on my name?

Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,777 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It would be a complete mess as brokers have to report gains to tax authorities and your name would be on it all as the sole PPSN reference making you liable. Why not open seperate accounts and share ideas?

Advertisement