Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silk nighttime hair cap/bonnet

• 16-02-2021 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I'm looking for an Irish shop or pharmacy or company that sells a silk cap for protecting hair during night time sleep. Secretfashionfixes has a satin cap but I'm not interested in satin. I would prefer silk. Also the cap there looks loose.

I like the look of the silke London cap. I would like to find an Irish stockist if they have any Irish/Eu stockists. Or something similar.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SeaMermaid

I checked online for Irish sites but I had no luck. So I will buy from abroad.

Is lookfantastic a genuine shop? I see they have a German portal .de and I found a great deal but shopping on the de site doesn't allow shipping to Ireland so that bit is out for now but I will continue looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

I am tormented by online ads for a silk pillow. If the inline ‘models’ used are anything to go by I can expect cigarette lips and frizzy hair anytime soon after I buy it.

Cap - can you not but a silk scarf or half yard of material online and make your own? It can’t be that complex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

SeaMermaid wrote: »
    I checked online for Irish sites but I had no luck. So I will buy from abroad.

Is lookfantastic a genuine shop? I see they have a German portal .de and I found a great deal but shopping on the de site doesn't allow shipping to Ireland so that bit is out for now but I will continue looking.

I used to shop form Look Fantastic with no issue but I don't know if there's been any issues with brexit :(

I am tormented by online ads for a silk pillow. If the inline ‘models’ used are anything to go by I can expect cigarette lips and frizzy hair anytime soon after I buy it.

Cap - can you not but a silk scarf or half yard of material online and make your own? It can’t be that complex.

I don't know how to sew using a sewing machine and the chances of me putting together a decent cap is very slim. I will need a cap to fit me well.

I'm interested in a silk cap to help minimise hair breakage and damage and to help with some scalp conditions too.

GingerLily wrote: »
    I used to shop form Look Fantastic with no issue but I don't know if there's been any issues with brexit :(

Brexit is screwing over online shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,889 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There was a girl on that Late Late special on buying local that was on just before Christmas who makes scarves and caps for protecting hair. Not sure if they're silk and I can't remember her name but if you do some creative Googling you should find her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I have bought from here before - and they're an Irish company too https://shop.mouldedinsideout.com/

Dial Hard wrote: »
    There was a girl on that Late Late special on buying local that was on just before Christmas who makes scarves and caps for protecting hair. Not sure if they're silk and I can't remember her name but if you do some creative Googling you should find her.

I found her.

It's MIO prints.

Her caps look huge. That and it's also satin. I would prefer silk because it's more of a natural fibre and hopefully it will help scalp conditions.

Not quite what I was looking for but I did remember her from the late late show.

I have bought from here before - and they're an Irish company too

She is the lady that was on the late late. Her caps are satin and not silk. There is a difference. The caps also look huge.

Advertisement