Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic bank account

Options
  • 16-02-2021 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hello,

I've lived outside the country for over 10 years, but keep my bank account open in case I need to transfer funds in/out, and for credit purposes if/when I move home.

With the new €6 monthly fee it's quite a lot of money for an account I use once or twice a year. I phoned 365 Online and was told I didn't qualify for the Basic Account which seems to fit my needs perfectly. However, looking at the T&Cs I do meet the requirements and can sign a form stating that I have no other current accounts if that's required.

Eligibility Criteria
    In order to qualify for a Basic Bank Account the following criteria applies:
    • Customers must be over the age of 18
    • Customers must be legally resident in the European Union (EU)
    • Customers must not already hold a personal payment account or current account with any bank in the Republic of Ireland (you will be asked to sign a declaration provided by us to confirm this)
    [*]

Can you help with this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

trant wrote: »
    Hello,

I've lived outside the country for over 10 years, but keep my bank account open in case I need to transfer funds in/out, and for credit purposes if/when I move home.

With the new €6 monthly fee it's quite a lot of money for an account I use once or twice a year. I phoned 365 Online and was told I didn't qualify for the Basic Account which seems to fit my needs perfectly. However, looking at the T&Cs I do meet the requirements and can sign a form stating that I have no other current accounts if that's required.

Eligibility Criteria
    In order to qualify for a Basic Bank Account the following criteria applies:
    • Customers must be over the age of 18
    • Customers must be legally resident in the European Union (EU)
    • Customers must not already hold a personal payment account or current account with any bank in the Republic of Ireland (you will be asked to sign a declaration provided by us to confirm this)

[*]

Can you help with this?

Thanks!

Hi trant, 

Thanks for your post.

If the account you mention in beginning of your post is a current account and is held in Republic of Ireland, having this account means you don't meet the criteria for the Basic Bank Account. 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭trant

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Advertisement