Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quads & Scrambers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

BronsonTB wrote: »
    Crazy to think this wasn't in place before now.
    Hopefully this will help with a zero tolerance policy & punish irresponsible owners.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/garda%c3%ad-to-be-given-powers-to-seize-scramblers-and-quad-bikes-on-the-spot/ar-BB1dIoHM?li=BBr5KbJ

I wonder how far the gardaí will go to catch them.
    Can't imagine too many of the people they'll be chasing giving up too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I was just reading that story yesterday about the fella who was sunbathing with his wife in darndale park and he got hit by a scrambler in 2018. He is permanently braindamaged, in a wheelchair and lost an eye. He is in permanent care home.
    His poor wife then got breast cancer and decided to return to russia for treatment last summer.
    I wonder what happened to the scumbag who was on the scrambler.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I was just reading that story yesterday about the fella who was sunbathing with his wife in darndale park and he got hit by a scrambler in 2018. He is permanently braindamaged, in a wheelchair and lost an eye. He is in permanent care home.
    His poor wife then got breast cancer and decided to return to russia for treatment last summer.
    I wonder what happened to the scumbag who was on the scrambler.

I'd say his scummy Da just went onto DD and got him a new one ,that was probably robbed....circle of bike...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

we have to become realistic in this game, we have to build facilities for these kind of activities, we re not going to stop them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Don't be naive. The interest isn't in motorcycling or the bikes, the interest lies in doing something forbidden. Put them into a motox facility and tell them to go happily ride within the confines of the facility, the interest would drop off to nothing. No drama, no adrenalin rush from evading Guards, racing on public roads.

They'd just move onto some other activity that provided the same or similar rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Don't be naive. The interest isn't in motorcycling or the bikes, the interest lies in doing something forbidden. Put them into a motox facility and tell them to go happily ride within the confines of the facility, the interest would drop off to nothing. No drama, no adrenalin rush from evading Guards, racing on public roads.

They'd just move onto some other activity that provided the same or similar rush.

i know plenty of riders, they drive me insane to, we illegally build mountain bike trails, and they continually wreck them, but our approach is all wrong with this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Hopefully they go after the dog owners who leave them off the leash in forestry too. Farmers and myself incl have more of a problem with them than the odd fella on a quad or bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

MojoMaker wrote: »

Exactly..robbing our bikes.......

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

H_Lime wrote: »
    Hopefully they go after the dog owners who leave them off the leash in forestry too. Farmers and myself incl have more of a problem with them than the odd fella on a quad or bike.

Think you might be barking up the wrong tree there.

These are lads lashing across open roads and housing estates in finglas and darndale.

All the Mucky hills in Ireland won't stop them flying down footpaths looking for a chase. Some level of naivety lads. This isn't a facilities problem it's a little prick problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭H_Lime

I'm barking up my own tree listermint. Not everyone lives in fu*kin darndale or finglas. I live out in the sticks. There are no scrotes riding stolen crossers in parks over foreign fellas heads here, there's lads who own and maintain bikes and quads and use em up the hills now n again. I have no problem with 90% of these, I've been and occasionally am one, but I do have a problem with self righteous a holes with loose dogs giving grief to "law breakers" when they're doin it themselves.
    Just a bug bear of mine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Should give the guards the same power they have in London, give them the power to ram the little cnuts off the bikes if they try to evade

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    we have to become realistic in this game, we have to build facilities for these kind of activities, we re not going to stop them

The answer to every anti social behavioural issue isn't to throw money at it. We pay for IBT/licensing, insurance, tax etc. to keep our motorbikes legal, so why should scobes be treated with kid gloves?

Let them buy or rent their own facilities.

Any of these bikes or quads being used illegally should be seized.

Advertisement