Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some info on EASA Class 2 Aeromedical examination.

Options
  • 16-02-2021 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Hi all, hope this is the right place for this.

I am looking for some general info on the EASA Class 2 Aeromedical examination. required for a private pilots license. I was looking at the list of Doctors that I assume can issue one or do you have to go to the Aero Medical Centre at the Mater?

Does anybody know roughly how much they cost?

Cheers!

Comments

Yes you can go to any of those doctors. I've paid €120 and €140 for them before in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Smppl2021

Hi, recently started my ppl. I rang almost all on that list and the only one was Dr Louise boyd in leixlip thats currently doing them now(during covid) was €170 and included ecg. Passed thankfully. Hopefully the weather is good and allows me to fly. I think its very important to have this before starting to avoid disappointment and money losses

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Ive been waiting to do one in cork when they start again, I have partial hearing loss in one ear so i want to do it before i waste money on an expensive hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭PinOnTheRight

Ive been waiting to do one in cork when they start again, I have partial hearing loss in one ear so i want to do it before i waste money on an expensive hobby.

Have you considered a hearing test in your local Specsavers or other? While not an AME, if you can provide them the criteria for a Class 2 they may be able to tell you if you meet the requirements or not, and might be cheaper than a Class 2 in the mean time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Smppl2021 wrote: »
    Hi, recently started my ppl. I rang almost all on that list and the only one was Dr Louise boyd in leixlip thats currently doing them now(during covid) was €170 and included ecg. Passed thankfully. Hopefully the weather is good and allows me to fly. I think its very important to have this before starting to avoid disappointment and money losses

I'm down for my renewal in a few weeks with Dr. Boyd and it's €150 without the ECG. She did my last one and was very thorough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement