Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Full service

Options
  • 16-02-2021 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Just wondering what cost I'm looking at?
    Bike is 1000cc 2014 V Strom. Well taken care off. 9k km.
    Rang one place local to me and was told €200.
    Thought it was a bit steep.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭ratracer

sirmixalot wrote: »

What are you getting/ expecting in the full service?

I’ve recently paid €180 for my bike, which was all fluids ( oil, coolant, final drive oil and clutch fluid), oil filter and air filter. And a full check over of the bike. Now a lot of this work I could do myself, and probably will in the future, but t this was the first service since I bought the bike last year, so I wanted a very experienced eye cast over it, and I trust my Indy mech 100%.

I thought the price was quite reasonable for the work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Goose81

Where abouts are you living?

If your in Dublin ring Robbie in mototechnic

Depends what they are changing for 200 tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭robbie_63

ratracer wrote: »
    What are you getting/ expecting in the full service?

I’ve recently paid €180 for my bike, which was all fluids ( oil, coolant, final drive oil and clutch fluid), oil filter and air filter. And a full check over of the bike. Now a lot of this work I could do myself, and probably will in the future, but t this was the first service since I bought the bike last year, so I wanted a very experienced eye cast over it, and I trust my Indy mech 100%.

I thought the price was quite reasonable for the work done.

I got my first service done 5 months ago after I bought my first bike, garage charged me €900! for a full service, front tire,swap in unrestricted ecu and intake

I was definitely robbed !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭GBX

How long is a piece of string when it comes to full services.
    What's included? Consumables? Don't forget time = money so hourly rate. Not cheap but not overly expensive either.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sirmixalot

Thanks all, I guess it all depends on what is done as many have pointed out. Will get the service done and post the list back here so you/we can better gauge.
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Thanks all, I guess it all depends on what is done as many have pointed out. Will get the service done and post the list back here so you/we can better gauge.
    Cheers

Ask 1st what it gives you, is it all fluids, filters, plugs etc ....

Remember if doing yourself used oil and filters etc can be brought to local recycling centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Duke Dan

Goose81 wrote: »
    Where abouts are you living?

If your in Dublin ring Robbie in mototechnic

Depends what they are changing for 200 tbh

Agree with Goose 100% - Robbie @ Mototechnic is great mech and as honest as the day is long.

DD

Advertisement