Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did Aaron Forde say ?

Options
  • 16-02-2021 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

So this guy Aaron Forde's appointment as chairman of the Shannon Group has been pulled my Minister Ryan because Mr Forde’s use of social media was “below the standard expected of the chair of a state board.”

So what did he say on social media ?

And when did he say it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

So this guy Aaron Forde's appointment as chairman of the Shannon Group has been pulled my Minister Ryan because Mr Forde’s use of social media was “below the standard expected of the chair of a state board.”

So what did he say on social media ?

And when did he say it ?

Numerous tweets from Forde’s Twitter account prompted the reversal. He has since deleted the account but tweets over recent years criticised the Traveller community, social welfare recipients and called the Tanáiste Leo Varadkar (FG) a leak.
    https://www.clareecho.ie/fordes-appointment-as-shannon-group-chair-scrapped/

Can't see his exact words though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Great bunch of lads, the travellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Are you looking for a job on a state board?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

That paraphrasing of a Fr Ted quote is so over used it stopped being funny in the last century.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Thanks
    Criticising travellers and welfare recipients will not get you far these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Thanks

I'd say criticism of both the greens and calling Leo the leak had more to do with it myself tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Ah to be fair, you cant be comming thoughcrime and making Lord Leo look bad. It is not like we are a democracy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Are you looking for a job on a state board?

Correct. Gis a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Well done Eamon Ryan.

People who make tweets like that shouldn't be anywhere near public life.

Now if only other parties had such high standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 brendane

blanch152 wrote: »
    Well done Eamon Ryan.

What did he a actually say. I cant see the quotes anywhere

• Advertisement

• Thanks

People with ambitions are braindead at times in their use of social media.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 Ireland2021

Well done Eamon Ryan.

Surely Eamon would have one of his advisors go throigh his social media

Jobs for the lads

Backfired as usual

Govt of chaos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Well done Eamon Ryan.

Leave Leo, Neale and councilor O'Leary out of this please.

That paraphrasing of a Fr Ted quote is so over used it stopped being funny in the last century.

Nice username.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

There's a few more details emerging about what he has posted on social media, which has led to the government of chaos and confusion having to put a halt to his appointment.

Seems he was referring to those in receipt of social welfare, as a derogatory word to describe travellers, and not only that, but sent on to stereotype travellers here..
    “Do the kn***ers who are collecting multiple SW (social welfare) payments have one.”

This government can employ individuals to dredge the social media accounts of opposition TDs going back years, but yet don't bother to tell the lads doing the dredging to take a cursory glance at the social media accounts of people they're about to put into high paying, high profile jobs?

I stand over this.
    McMurphy wrote: »
    I'd say criticism of both the greens and calling Leo the leak had more to do with it myself tbh.

Bad and all as the "kn***er' post was, I strongly suspect it was really posts like these that resulted in the U-turn
    Also on social media Mr Forde had described the Green Party on Twitter as “clueless about agriculture, climate and lots of other issues”.

I don't known the timeframe of when he wrote either of the above two posts, but as I was saying about employing people to have a look and dredge the oppositions social media accounts, this post couldn't be any more than a few months old, and yet they didn't do any due diligence whatsoever on him?

This is probably the real reason he's gone.
    In another post last summer he said Leo Varadkar is a “narcissist” and also called him “Leo the Leak*” on at least two occasions. Mr Forde said he did not recall these tweets.

*He'll find it tough to shake that label now, seems to be sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Allinall

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Ah to be fair, you cant be comming thoughcrime and making Lord Leo look bad. It is not like we are a democracy..

We are indeed a democracy.

Which had a large part in his not getting the job.

People with ambitions are braindead at times in their use of social media.
    Braindead is right.
    No matter what ones personal thoughts are about things, if they are controversial it's best to keep them off social media, especially if you are a C level executive.

Well done Eamon Ryan.

Only people who agree with your worldview should be allowed near public life. Next - get rid of SF. Amirite?

Personally I think being on Twitter is now a bad idea for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I don't know if this fella is any good as his job - probably not if they were to appointment him to a state board in the 1st place.

But it's a shocking state of affairs where nobody who doesn't treat those in society without any personal responsibly without anything but veneration can be excluded from a state job.

Tax payers pay for these jobs yet gobsh1tes like the minister use them as rewards. I know this has always been like this but oddly I think I prefer the Bertie days where he was plain corrupt appointing his pals - you knew what was going on - instead of this nonsense where its' all PR and correct think only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,115 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

paw patrol wrote: »
    I don't know if this fella is any good as his job - probably not if they were to appointment in to a state board in the 1st place.

But it's a shocking state of affairs where nobody who doesn't treat those in society without any personal responsibly without anything but veneration can be excluded from a state job.

Tax payers pay for these jobs yet gobsh1tes like the minister use them as rewards. I know this has always been like this but oddly I think I prefer the Bertie days where he was plain corrupt appointing his pals - you knew what was going on - instead of this nonsense where its' all PR and correct think only

There is a middle line of basic humanity that allows for expressing of views without veneration and without calling people knackers. It's not hard really.

There is a middle line of basic humanity that allows for expressing of views without veneration and without calling people knackers. It's not hard really.

That's where you're wrong kiddo. Repeated bad behavior deserves to be met with contempt

That's where you're wrong kiddo. Repeated bad behavior deserves to be met with contempt

My point was a statement of fact, not a matter of opinion.

I don't know if this fella is any good as his job - probably not if they were to appointment in to a state board in the 1st place.

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there.
    The guy has been an executive on multiple companies both private and public.
    You don't get to that level in the first place without being very good at what you do.

The guy has been an executive on multiple companies but private and public.
    You don't get to that level in the first place without being very good at what you do.

it sure was a generalised sweeping statement. Also I clearly said I don't know with regard to this fella... It's there in my statement and you even highlighted it in bold. So I'm not sure what your point is?

Anyway I'll counter your argument by saying this after 20plus years in IT in financial Service in Dublin, UK and Channel Islands - a lot of high level managers and directors are poor at their jobs and frauds esp. in leadership capacity. They get by due to deference to the chain of command
    So there you are.

My point was a statement of fact, not a matter of opinion.

sure thing boss:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Good, for once it's been showed you cant say what you like and get away with it, most especially online, you can think what you like we don't have the thought police.

One of mine had a background check for a job and as part of the background check they check social media accounts they do not ask for passwords or anything like that, it's still a check of groups the persons is involved with and what their online presents is like.

I am sure there are ways around it but the point still stands don't have an online presence that could jeopardise a job offer.

sure thing boss:rolleyes:

If you want to give contempt to an entire community, based on the actions of some, fire ahead - but don't be surprised to be held accountable for it in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The guy has been an executive on multiple companies both private and public.

You can be good at what you do and be a major A*hole at the same time they are not mutually exclusive.

• Advertisement

it sure was a generalised sweeping statement. Also I clearly said I don't know with regard to this fella... It's there in my statement and you even highlighted it in bold. So I'm not sure what your point is?

Anyway I'll counter your argument by saying this after 20plus years in IT in financial Service in Dublin, UK and Channel Islands - a lot of high level managers and directors are poor at their jobs and frauds esp. in leadership capacity. They get by due to deference to the chain of command
    So there you are.
    You said he was probably not good at his job because he was appointed to a state board in the first place.

That's the sweeping generalisation.

Advertisement