Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gingko Biloba

Options
  • 16-02-2021 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

I need to get my hands on gingko biloba.

I have a neurological issue and found that it helped. I used to get it from vitacost.com. (a few years ago) but as its not approved here the Medicines Board stopped the last order. My ent felt it would benefit and wrote to the Medicines Board on my behalf but they refused his request.

There are "Irish" websites selling it, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

...as its not approved here the Medicines Board stopped the last order.

Not being approved by the medicine board doesn't sound like a reason to stop he import.
    Cinnemon isn't approved from the medicine board to treat anything. But I'm pretty sure I can order cinnamon online. I'd dig a little deeper into who stopped it and why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Mellor wrote: »
    Not being approved by the medicine board doesn't sound like a reason to stop he import.
    Cinnemon isn't approved from the medicine board to treat anything. But I'm pretty sure I can order cinnamon online. I'd dig a little deeper into who stopped it and why

This is the content of the email that I received in response to my appeal to the stopping of an order I placed for gingko bilbao back in 2014. Note the appeal included an ENT Consultant letter recommending it's use for my condition.

"We acknowledge your correspondence received in relation to the above matter.

The Irish Medicines Board (IMB) is not in a position to forward the medicinal product to you or the supplier. The supply of this medicinal product in these circumstances is not authorised pursuant to the terms of Medicinal Products (Control of Placing on the Market) Regulations (S.I. 540 of 2007), as amended.

Refund is a matter for you to take up with the supplier of this unauthorised medicinal product. You may use the IMB letter or e-mails to point out to the supplier that they are in breach of Irish Legislation.

The supplier of medicinal products is required to comply with the provisions of the European Directive (2001/83/EC) as amended and transposed into National legislation. The supply in this case has contravened the above medicinal product legislation.

Additionally, European Court of Justice, in the case of Deutcher Apothekerverband V DocMorris NV & Jacques Waterval, has clarified the existing position under current legislation that unauthorised medicinal products may not be supplied by mail order where the law of the Member State into which they are being supplied so prohibits this activity.

The IMB cannot guarantee the Safety, Efficacy or Quality of this product. In such circumstances the IMB cannot permit such a supply.   Where possible the IMB will advise the supplier of its breaches and the National Authorities in the supplying country.

As the supplier is not entitled to supply you with this product in these circumstances, pursuant to the above legislation, the IMB now intends to dispose of the product in accordance with the Waste Management Act 1996 as amended.

You are now provided with a period of fourteen days in which to make any submission as to why the IMB should not dispose of the product.

We look forward to an early response from you in this matter.  Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

Enforcement Section
    Irish Medicines Board"

The question is where do I manage to get my hands on it here?

I have been ordering ginkgo biloba + ginseng from amazon over the past few months but all of a sudden they have made every ginkgo product unavailable to me. I need to get it from somewhere else. As I said my ent consultant feels that it would benefit my condition. If anyone knows how I can get it, please let me.

It can be delivered within the uk, is parcel motel still in operation after Brexit? That could be an option

• Advertisement
Advertisement