Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying personal loan back early

Options
  • 17-02-2021 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, I recently took out a €20000 loan (Aug 2020) which is payable back over 5 yrs, I am reviewing my finances and feel I could afford to pay back approx €100 extra a month on this loan. I have couple of queries.

1. If I pay back loan earlier than 5 yrs will I be charged a fee and if yes roughly what would that be?
    2. If say I did set up to overpay €100 monthly could I also then randomly pay back more than that if I found I had a bit extra cash at end of a month also?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 anyanka

Hi, anyone in BOI able to get back to me on this??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Board.ie. We're so sorry you missed your original post.

In this instance, it would be best to link in with our Lending Team directly about this, they will be more than happy to advise you on this and how best to pay back your loan earlier than originally expected. They can be contact on 1850 22 22 00, the team are available Monday to Friday 9am-5pm.

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement