Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP recommendation Cork City

Options
  • 17-02-2021 6:29am

Hello,

I am looking for a gp in Cork City who does not medicalise human distress, who sees human suffering as a response to life situations - yet who would carry out tests to rule out verifiable causes of low mood such as thyroid disease and hormone irregularities.

From my experience doctors who believe in the medical model are judgemental and demeaning to people who were labelled beyond their control as adolescents for normal reactions to abnormal situations. If I had emotional issues I would go and seek out a competent psychotherapist.

I would appreciate any recommendations of such a gp in the city centre.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hello,

I am looking for a gp in Cork City who does not medicalise human distress, who sees human suffering as a response to life situations - yet who would carry out tests to rule out verifiable causes of low mood such as thyroid disease and hormone irregularities.

From my experience doctors who believe in the medical model are judgemental and demeaning to people who were labelled beyond their control as adolescents for normal reactions to abnormal situations. If I had emotional issues I would go and seek out a competent psychotherapist.

Thank you.

Kind regards

Dr Shane Murphy
    Padua clinic
    Curraheen Rd is mine, open minded and progressive, might be worth a call at least

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Hello,

Thank you.

Kind regards

Paul Deasy

Advertisement