Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lent 2021 challenge/log

Options
  • 17-02-2021 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

With the restrictions to be eased on the horizon Ive set myself a goal of cycling 1000km over the course of lent...
    As a casual cyclist this will get me on the road to bigger things this summer..

Day one and the route was 2 circuits of the park (phoenix) totaling 28km. The route was taken fairly casual as I enjoyed the sun and grimaced as my bike was due to be oiled/light maintenance from the wintry mix we have had the past few while.. very few mpv's and pedestrians as I made my way clockwise around the route..

original inspiration for the route came from the 'Camino de santiago' (way of st James) a pilgrimage across a 500mile route across the Northern Spanish region

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭paul mountainbike

Nice Idea, Will start mine tomorrow after work, today stuck online today teams meetings :mad:

Of course staying within 5km radius of home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Staying within the 5km radius for lent will be an achievement in itself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Day Two of the challenge. weather was a clear day but the wind was deceptively strong at points. Grateful i picked up some bike oil for the bearings and chain as it was a smooth ride and again very quiet out there.
    managed to get in 57.09km at a 02.46 min/km so i am content with that.
    Leaving me close to the 100km milestone

Advertisement