Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst happened

Options
  • 17-02-2021 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

So had a leak today. Stil cleaning it up.

Luckily nothing got hit bad so shouldn't be a problem.

But the issue was from what I can tell. The liquid temp got too high.

Need to get a temp sensor.

Checking if my fellow boardies in Dublin area have one they can sell me to get this back up and running today.

Anything that I can monitor or attach to fan curve would be perfect.

Let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,984 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Water has significant thermal mass, it takes a long time for it to heat up and there are a number of factors working against the water ever getting "hot".

So its easy to tell, is the pump running, are the fans running and is the water flowing properly through the system(really low flow is bad).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Water has significant thermal mass, it takes a long time for it to heat up and there are a number of factors working against the water ever getting "hot".

So its easy to tell, is the pump running, are the fans running and is the water flowing properly through the system(really low flow is bad).

It's definitely a guess.

Coolant was really hot at the time and stupidly I lowered my fab curves too low so feel the liquid never had a chance to cool down .

It might not be the case but either way would much prefer to have a way of montioring it in the future before filling it again.

Hoping someone has any form of inline temp sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I have one of these if any use to you.
    Does your motherboard have a Thermal sensor to connect it to?

game4it70 wrote: »
    I have one of these if any use to you.
    Does your motherboard have a Thermal sensor to connect it to?

I could possibly make that work. Have a 3 way I could add I line and throw that aswell.

Where abouts are you located

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Ballinteer,you are local to me I think?

• Advertisement

game4it70 wrote: »
    Ballinteer,you are local to me I think?

Handy, in dundrum.

PM me

Advertisement