Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Basic Payment Scheme

• 17-02-2021 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, I have the option of buying 7 acres of family land. Can anyone tell me what sort of Basic Payments i would be entitled to if I was to farm this land. Or what other schemes I could opt into to help the payments, any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

owen.fitz wrote: »
    Hi, I have the option of buying 7 acres of family land. Can anyone tell me what sort of Basic Payments i would be entitled to if I was to farm this land. Or what other schemes I could opt into to help the payments, any help appreciated

Best of luck
    With Basic Payment you will have to own entitlements, which were 3 times the value when we bought
    Eg a €200/ha entitlement cost €600/ha to buy
    On 7ac you’re looking at 3 entitlements

The pilot for Reps should be out this year
    It could be best speaking to an Agri Consultant as they may have details on it

• Registered Users Posts: 15 owen.fitz

Thanks for the reply, so youd be looking at around €600 of a basic payment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭orchard farm

Every year entitlements are bought and sold all have different values, you could buy three max as you need 1 ha for 1 entitlement.price of each is around 2.5 to 3 times value.Id advise againest the high value ones if you want a return on investment. Farmers journal advertise them for sale as do local auctioneers. Chat a farm advisor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

You need to talk with a good advisor. If you're under 40 and have a ag degree you could go for Young Farmers Scheme. This gives a top up to the value of entitlements you hold. Not just own , hold. If you got young farmers and also took a long lease of land and entitlements, all the entitlements would raise in value. I am just telling you second hand info as I'm not into it myself. So ask around local to see who is the best advisor that knows their stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭hopeso

owen.fitz wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, so youd be looking at around €600 of a basic payment?

Yes, if you buy entitlements valued at €200 each. However, there isn't a standard value on entitlements. You could probably find entitlements valued at €50, or likewise €500.
    Others probably know more than me, but I'd say it's a bad time to buy expensive entitlements, with the reformed CAP around the corner. High value entitlements could well be worth less after the reform. On the other hand, low value entitlements may well increase in value, and might be worth a gamble?

• Advertisement
Advertisement