Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deed of Transfer

Options
  • 17-02-2021 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hello!

We are on track to get house key tomorrow. Solicitor said he will send us Deed of transfer for us to sign and it's the only deed we have to sign.

I may sound extra careful here but is there anything in the deed of transfer (new build) that we should pay special attention to? Solicitor is wiring money to vendor today so if there is any points/issues coming up, is it still possible to have it corrected/amended?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

dpham178 wrote: »
    Hello!

We are on track to get house key tomorrow. Solicitor said he will send us Deed of transfer for us to sign and it's the only deed we have to sign.

I may sound extra careful here but is there anything in the deed of transfer (new build) that we should pay special attention to? Solicitor is wiring money to vendor today so if there is any points/issues coming up, is it still possible to have it corrected/amended?

Thank you!

You’re questioning your own solicitors ability to draft a standard document transferring property x from y to b on day of closing.
    In that case are you sure you trust him that he has carried out all the convenacying correctly and happy with the contracts of sale that he got you to sign?

Maybe I’ve missed the point of this post

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

You’re questioning your own solicitors ability to draft a standard document transferring property x from y to b on day of closing.
    In that case are you sure you trust him that he has carried out all the convenacying correctly and happy with the contracts of sale that he got you to sign?

Maybe I’ve missed the point of this post

If it is a deed to be executed by an individual it must be witnessed by someone who is not a party to the transaction. The OP makes no mention of this so I think it is fair to say that they have questions to raise with the solicitor.

Advertisement