Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me save my lawn please

Options
  • 17-02-2021 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Recently moved into a new home and the back lawn is in awful state, please see pictures attached. It is mostly just moss at this stage

What do you recommend I do to save it or should I reseed it all?

I am happy rent whatever machinery necessary to get the job done.

I can rotivate/scarify and reseed if necessary.

Please let me know what steps I should take as I a eager to get started on it soon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭OwenM

IMO that's gone too far, I moved house last year and the front lawn was about 20% moss, maybe 30% in patches but I managed to bring it back,

1. Weed & Feed (including a moss killer) every month (Feb, Mar , Apr & Sep), increasing to every 3 weeks May to August.
    2. After 2 months started raking out the moss, just doing half an hour a week.
    3. Don't cut it short, long grass has better roots which helps it to push up new stems.

Took a whole summer but the moss is gone, yours is worse, maybe if you rake out the pieces that are 100% moss and just seed those?

Advertisement