Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannabis adult caution clarification

Options
  • 17-02-2021 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hello,

Can anyone please confirm how many grams is considered ‘personal use’ with regards to Cannabis in light of the new law bought in on December 14th 2020. Having checked online I am unable to find a definitive answer.

I hope to hear from someone soon ðŸ˜႒

Thank you.
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

first post nice !!
    What new law ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Nonsense21

first post nice !!
    What new law ?

Thank you for responding to my first post.

As of December 14 2020 you can be given an Adult Caution (warning) and not face summons/court.
    It is impossible to get clarification on what amount they consider as personal use in regards to point 4 below.

‘’A caution for any of these four offences can only be considered in respect of an offence committed after 14 December 2020.’’

An Garda Síochána collaborated with the Director of Public Prosecutions to expand the scheme to the following matters:

1.Offences contrary to section 13 of the Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act 1994 (trespass in a manner likely to cause fear),
    2.Offences under section 21 of the Criminal Justice (Public Order) Act 1994 (control of access to certain events),
    3.Offences under section 3 of the Casual Trading Act 1995 (casual trading without a licence or contrary to the terms of the licence),
    4.Offences under section 3 of the Misuse of Drugs Act 1977-1984 (simple possession of cannabis and cannabis resin only).

Look forward to any enlightenment on this matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Doobies and FAQ!

:D

Didn't even realize there was any sort of change but i would assume it's still in the hands of the gardai on duty to decide.
    My guess anything over a q and you're in trouble.
    Why is this so important to you are you planning on opening a shop ?

endacl wrote: »
    Doobies and FAQ!

:D

Someone has to talk about it :-)

• Advertisement

Nonsense21 wrote: »
    Someone has to talk about it :-)

I also didn’t see any other relevant place to post it. If you think it would be better in a more suited category please guide me as I’m new.

Nonsense21 wrote: »
    I also didn’t see any other relevant place to post it. If you think it would be better in a more suited category please guide me as I’m new.

after hours my friend the moderation is a little less intrusive there

Didn't even realize there was any sort of change but i would assume it's still in the hands of the gardai on duty to decide.
    My guess anything over a q and you're in trouble.
    Why is this so important to you are you planning on opening a shop ?

Yes I think your right about officer discretion. Which isn’t entirely fair or a step in the right direction.

Opening a shop? I don’t understand what you mean. But, to answer your question a colleague was caught with about 13g and this was personal use.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

While giving actual legal advice is not permitted, someone in the Legal Discussions forum might be able to clarify this for you if you post there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement