Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ah feck, of the three in the final mix, I'd have gone for anyone but Stefan. He still just smacks of style over substance.

I thought Katy was really, really unfortunate with her pasta burning - the only thing wrong with the plates she served up was the thickness of the pasta, which was obviously due to rushing to remake them. I wonder could she have saved any of the originals as an example of how they should have been?

I also thought Stan had huge potential, really sorry to see him go.

I suppose in the end of the day, it's about the plates of food you actually dish up - but I have a feeling they've lost a fair bit of potential tonight.

Oh my word, what a nightmare Josh had!!

Bleeding duck, and that curry looked properly disgusting.

Mark's hair is upsetting me greatly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Kerry is a bit miserable with her portions. Where is the rest of the spuds? Although I dont like sweet potato.

The girls are fairly smashing it tonight.

But... sweet potato fondant?? Can that actually work??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Loved the look of Alexina's food. Good for Kerry too, but her food has been fairly simple so far aside from the spices on the beef, so it'll be interesting to see how she holds up in the next round.

Greg to Magdalena - "have you got a bit of butter in there" as she swills her fish fillets around in about a lb of liquid butter :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Schedule change, no Masterchef on Friday due to rugby, both episodes will be on Thursday starting with the hour-long episode at 8.30 and followed immediately by the quarter final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭sporina

anyone know where I can watch these days? We have been recording it but missed one somehow grr.. just finished heats now..

I really should be taking notes..... but my major takeaways so far are

Why would you roll a marinated egg yolk in a tea towel?? :eek:

and

Marc is properly bonkers.

• Advertisement

And Baz (Bez? The young skint haired guy) looks like a man on a mission..... has all the hallmarks of a winner about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

twill wrote: »
    Schedule change, no Masterchef on Friday due to rugby, both episodes will be on Thursday starting with the hour-long episode at 8.30 and followed immediately by the quarter final.

Ah was a tad confused! Good episodes. Jacqui and Marc did well. She is definitely one to watch for the rest of the series

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Marc is properly bonkers.

And that was before he started bawling!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aaargh didn't know there was a schedule change so missed the second episode tonight. :(

It's so annoying that there is no catch up/on demand available!

So Jacqui from last night's heat and Marc from tonight's heat went through I'm guessing, from the above comments?

Posy wrote: »
    Aaargh didn't know there was a schedule change so missed the second episode tonight. :(

It's so annoying that there is no catch up/on demand available!

So Jacqui from last night's heat and Marc from tonight's heat went through I'm guessing, from the above comments?

Yep.

Baz lost by a short head. Jo fecked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭ebbsy

siblers wrote: »
    Doesn't Tom have a bit on advantage being a Restaurant manager?

I said that to the Mrs as well.

Tom looks like the likeliest candidate of tonight's crew. Concentrating hard, not too showy. Not sure how FOH would be of any use or advantage in actually cooking?

Thought Madeeha was going to lose the plot, but she kept going, albeit with assistance. I'd say she's gone after that.

That chef was just lovely! Calm, clear, I'd say he's good to work under.

does the restaurant challenge have any bearing on the competition? I thought all judging was done based on the dishes cooked at the time in question (as in, in the actual cook off's - at each particular stage)

I think at this stage they take all cooking from the round into consideration. Not just the cook-off meal.

I think at this stage they take all cooking from the round into consideration. Not just the cook-off meal.

but that was the end of that round - no one was eliminated after the restaurant challenge..

I think the restaurant challenge is just to give them a taste of that level of cooking/cuisine.. (no pun intended)

• Advertisement

Why are they all saying "ballontine" this season?? :mad: Even Marcus said it. It's like nails on a blackboard .....

But I suppose it distracts me from the "you're going to cook for Greg and I" temporarily.

Yes, I am a grammar Nazi!

They seem to be going much harder on tonight's lot than the first 5.... (I'm only at the judging of the first dish)

ETA - ah, then they got to Mike!

Jacqui chose the the wrong dish to cook tonight - shot herself in the foot I think.. she had showed great promise..

Mike has been flawless from the start - and wow he shone like a star tonight..

Laura is probably next to go..

prob between Mike and Tom

That was a great episode... I knew it was between Alexina and Jacuqi.. Jacqui is prob better in theory but I have a soft spot for Alexina.. I like her culinary story and she has a unique style as well as talent..

Ah, I was so sorry to see Jacqui go, she'd have been on my finalists shortlist as well. There's fair bitching on twitter about it!

Agree though she was a bit more conventional than Alexina, but maybe that's the road they're going down.

Laura was far and away the weakest tonight, I wonder would Jacqui have coped better in that pressure environment? And should her dry, deconstructed pie have beaten Jacqui's excellent chowder but slightly dry cornbread??? Hmmmm!!!

Ah, I was so sorry to see Jacqui go, she'd have been on my finalists shortlist as well. There's fair bitching on twitter about it!

Agree though she was a bit more conventional than Alexina, but maybe that's the road they're going down.

Laura was far and away the weakest tonight, I wonder would Jacqui have coped better in that pressure environment? And should her dry, deconstructed pie have beaten Jacqui's excellent chowder but slightly dry cornbread??? Hmmmm!!!

what are they saying about Jacqui on twitter? I have an acc but rarely use it...

Era imo Jacqui's meal was weaker than Laura's on this occasion - Laura's was just dry.. Jacqui's had lots of faults.. J is prob a better cook but chose poorly dish wise..

sporina wrote: »
    what are they saying about Jacqui on twitter? I have an acc but rarely use it...

Era imo Jacqui's meal was weaker than Laura's on this occasion - Laura's was just dry.. Jacqui's had lots of faults.. J is prob a better cook but chose poorly dish wise..

Accusing MC of ageism. Not sure it's warranted, seeing as Irina was older! But twitter always has to have something to shout about.

I still think Jacqui beats Laura every time. What other complaints were there about her first dish? I thought it was just that the muffin was a bit dry, don't remember any other criticism, but I've deleted the recording now.

Accusing MC of ageism. Not sure it's warranted, seeing as Irina was older! But twitter always has to have something to shout about.

I still think Jacqui beats Laura every time. What other complaints were there about her first dish? I thought it was just that the muffin was a bit dry, don't remember any other criticism, but I've deleted the recording now.

age wasn't a factor I don't think!! never crossed my mind for a sec.. I thought she had promise but knew she was a goosed tonight.. her dish was not impressive.. her turnip crisps wer burn't as well as the corn muffin not tasting of much - shame

A few people in trouble here, unexpectedly??

ebbsy wrote: »
    A few people in trouble here, unexpectedly??

wow this is a great competition..

had 2 to go tonight - Tom wudda been a gonner..

So glad Medeha reined it in.. and I love Alexina.. have a soft spot for her.. and wow was her desert good - I was nervous watching that.. in case it wouldn't work..
    Mick will prob win but ya never know.. still can't believe Jacqui is gone..

Before tonight I thought that one of the lads was going to win it....one more performance like that and they are done...the ladies are getting stronger at the right time ?

• Advertisement

ebbsy wrote: »
    Before tonight I thought that one of the lads was going to win it....one more performance like that and they are done...the ladies are getting stronger at the right time ?

yeah Tom's chips wer baaaaaaad... ekk

Advertisement