Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper Insurance question

Options
  • 17-02-2021 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My camper policy states that I must also have a private car to be insured.
    What happens if I get rid of my car and and don't have car insurance ?
    If I tell the insurance will they still insure me if so will I get an increased premium ?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

6541 wrote: »
    Hi All,

My camper policy states that I must also have a private car to be insured.
    What happens if I get rid of my car and and don't have car insurance ?
    If I tell the insurance will they still insure me if so will I get an increased premium ?

Thanks,

Sole vehicle Camper is roughly 2x the standard camper insurance. Its risk based and having a car means its less likely that you will have an accident in the camper.

If you lie on the forms and something happens you may be liable, insurance is based on full disclosure.
    Don't forget the camper insurance is underwritten by Insurance companies and they have access to databases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Let's say there are 3 cars in the family, the camper, your's and your other half's. With Dolmen if you are are named on the other household car it's enough, but you should tell them. If you don't use your car so get rid of it then tell them.

If you've only got the camper then the insurance is roughly double. I've friends that cycle everywhere day to day and use their camper at weekend and for trips so they pay double. Again you should be upfront with them. Also if you get rid of your car after a while you lose your no claims discount so watch out for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭6541

Thanks for all the advise here !

Advertisement