Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer Forum

• 17-02-2021 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been given a yellow card for this post

"you might not, but many are influenced by likes of above"

reason for the yellow:

"Posters should be prepared to argue cogently and coherently in support of arguments. Answering criticism of players by making out posters are heavily influenced by racist media and banter accounts is not acceptable and disruptive."

i never said posters are influenced, but 'many' in the general sense, not talking specifically about posters on boards, but the many racists out there on twitter, Instagram etc and the recent rise in cases we have seen in the last few weeks.

the mod was very quick to give the yellow, i had literally just posted and yellow was 30 seconds later.

i would like this yellow to be reviewed and considering some of the other posts i highlighted/reported before that were not carded, this one seems very unfair

thank you

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,955 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I will look into this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

awec wrote: »
    I will look into this.

thanks

Hi bangkok,

I have looked into this, and I am upholding the yellow and therefore upholding the ban.

I do not believe it unreasonable to believe that your post was directed as other posters as well as the general public, and to insinuate others on the forum base their opinion of a player based on the colour of his skin is unacceptable. It is a form of trolling.

You have a terrible record on the soccer forum, and mods have made plenty of effort to guide you in the right direction in the past. Despite this you constantly appear on the radar.

You may appeal to admin if you wish.

Hi bangkok,

I have looked into this, and I am upholding the yellow and therefore upholding the ban.

I do not believe it unreasonable to believe that your post was directed as other posters as well as the general public, and to insinuate others on the forum base their opinion of a player based on the colour of his skin is unacceptable. It is a form of trolling.

You have a terrible record on the soccer forum, and mods have made plenty of effort to guide you in the right direction in the past. Despite this you constantly appear on the radar.

You may appeal to admin if you wish.

Whoa whoa whoa, hang on a minute, i never once tried to insinuate people form an opinion of a player based on their skin colour, that is actually outrageous that that is what you picked up from that... shocked actually

Also, my "terrible" record is down to a lot of bias mods who card me for the smallest of things but let repeat offenders away who are clearly breaking the charter

bangkok wrote: »
    Whoa whoa whoa, hang on a minute, i never once tried to insinuate people form an opinion of a player based on their skin colour, that is actually outrageous that that is what you picked up from that... shocked actually

Also, my "terrible" record is down to a lot of bias mods who card me for the smallest of things but let repeat offenders away who are clearly breaking the charter

You can save the faux indignation.

"the fact he is a black french man playing in england doesnt help, thats a fact"

• Advertisement

You can save the faux indignation.

"the fact he is a black french man playing in england doesnt help, thats a fact"

That is in relation to the UK media, another poster alluded to it as well, has nothing to do with any posters on boards..that was fairly obvious. I think i also mentioned rashford and sterling have been the victim of the UK media as well

I'll flag this for admin review.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I've had a look at this. I've also had a look at a detailed analysis of recent posts of yours bangkok, undertaken by the mod. Unfortunately the pattern remains the same. Constant low-level trolling, of which the post which received this card is one of many examples I have witnessed.

In this case you knew you would wind posters up with the comments, You will of course claim the post was not aimed at other users. You do so as part of your ongoing low level trolling with the Manchester United Superthread.

You have picked up a number of threadbans from that thread. Whenever you regain access you start again with your low-level trolling. Well it is now at an end. The mod applied a 6 month ban. I am changing that to permanent. You can re-apply for access after 6 months, which is as set out in the Forum Charter. However the ban will not automatically lift after that time, and the mods will be perfectly at liberty to reject your application should they consider that appropriate

Card upheld
    Ban ungraded to permanent
    Marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement