Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGA 1155 mainboard for i7 3770

Options
  • 18-02-2021 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

Are these hard to get new? Can't seem to find anywhere that sells them new that isn't a cheap unbranded one with bad reviews.
    Any idea where to get one new before I get a second hand one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

Pretty much impossible to get new unless you buy from China which will have customs and other charges so really not worth it. Might find the odd "new" one in Ireland/UK but the price would be crazy and completely not viable.

Probably not worth it in general, considering a €50 A520M board + €100 Ryzen 3100 processor brand new is faster than the 3770 setup, or else one of the new Intel i3-F processors, both of which are supportive of way better and more modern features like much faster DDR4 Ram, M2 drives, etc.

Can check Adverts as well either. Chipsets like H61M, H77, Z77, etc. But have to remember the 3770 is worth about €50 and performs much worse than a new €80 processor.

Advertisement