Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn Flooding

Options
  • 18-02-2021 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi Guys ,

Jus looking for some advise on anything I can do to Stop My lawn flooding. Any Time it rains Heavily The lawn Floods badly.

I don't Really want to dig up the whole lawn but fear I may have no choice.

If anyone has any tips or ideas they would be much appreciated .

Pics attached

Cheers Kev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

Hi Guys ,

Jus looking for some advise on anything I can do to Stop My lawn flooding. Any Time it rains Heavily The lawn Floods badly.

I don't Really want to dig up the whole lawn but fear I may have no choice.

If anyone has any tips or ideas they would be much appreciated .

Pics attached

Cheers Kev

Would you think about putting in a pond or do you have small children?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

is it just your lawn, or do the other gardens/land around you flood also?
    i.e. does your lawn have anywhere it could potentially drain to?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

What.Now wrote: »
    Would you think about putting in a pond or do you have small children?

Have 2 Smallies so wouldn't feel safe with a pond .

is it just your lawn, or do the other gardens/land around you flood also?
    i.e. does your lawn have anywhere it could potentially drain to?

The Neighbors Across the Road don't seem to have any flooding . This is the front yard . The Back Side yard dont flood at all and the Side yard has the Septic Tank under it .

Saying that We had a soak away put into the Septic Tank yard . Family have suggested digging it up and putting in Drainage but there's no where for the drainage to run to .

Would it be worth digging it up and placing loads of Stones under it to act as drainage

• Registered Users Posts: 33,926 ✭✭✭✭listermint

That's awfully flooded . Drainage is the best option either a French drain done properly or drainage away off the property to suitable location. This would involve digging trenches for drain channels as opposed to digging up the entire lawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

Does picture 1 look like a old open drainage ditch that is now over grown?

49801 wrote:
    Does picture 1 look like a old open drainage ditch that is now over grown?

No its a boundary seperating hedge.. Its only in the last year or so this has gotten so bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

when were the photos taken? our garden was under water for about a week a couple of weeks ago.
    and how long does it take to recede?

where i'm going with that is - how much of a problem is it causing?

Photos were taken this morning following showers from last night. It normally takes about a day for the water do disappear. However the ground is soggy for weeks

Advertisement