Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong address

Options
  • 18-02-2021 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭

I've been getting letters for around 2 years to my house addressed to a company I've never heard of. We've been living here for 11 years, have never heard of the company or the names on the address and they are not the previous owners as we know who they are.

I've spoken to customer care twice and received a call back from a manager of some sort who assured me this would be sorted and letters would stop coming.

I do not want my address associated with someone else and their business. Can you help me sort this out and remove my address from their account please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

In this instance, it would be best to mark the letters as 'Return to Sender'. This should stop the letters being issued to your address.

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

In this instance, it would be best to mark the letters as 'Return to Sender'. This should stop the letters being issued to your address.

Thanks, Aisling

Thanks Aisling. We received the same advice last time and have been doing so but it hasn't stopped them arriving to my address.

I want some way of guaranteeing that my address will be dissociated with the people/company the letters are being sent to.

What's the best way to go about this? Sending them back has not worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Thanks for getting back to us here.

Would it be possible to send us a Private Message on Boards with your address and full name please? We are more than happy to look into this and help as best we can here.

Thanks, Aisling

Would it be possible to send us a Private Message on Boards with your address and full name please? We are more than happy to look into this and help as best we can here.

Thanks, Aisling

No problem at all.

I've been trying to send you a PM but it says you've chosen not to accept them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

dobman88 wrote: »

Thanks, Aisling

No problem at all.

I've been trying to send you a PM but it says you've chosen not to accept them?
    Hi dobman88,

Our private messages are always open. Please try again using another browser. You can also contact us on Twitter @talktoBOI or on Facebook.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Advertisement

Hi dobman88,

Our private messages are always open. Please try again using another browser. You can also contact us on Twitter @talktoBOI or on Facebook.

Many thanks,
    Megan

Thanks Megan. PM sent

Advertisement